Page 16 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 1040
  1. #301
    Interesting that the bottom scroll of the game now shows a headline that NBA players don't want to do a PSA for the vaccine because of "apprehension" about the vaccine. Woj also says players "could" receive a vaccine starting in late March.

    NBA is now trying to get medical professionals to convince.

  2. #302
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Interesting that the bottom scroll of the game now shows a headline that NBA players don't want to do a PSA for the vaccine because of "apprehension" about the vaccine. Woj also says players "could" receive a vaccine starting in late March.

    NBA is now trying to get medical professionals to convince.
    This attitude is dismaying, to say the least.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  3. #303
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Greenville, SC
    NPR has jumped into the "finding a vaccine location" fray with their own web helper.

    Here.

    I tried it and found a Walmart nearby that had appointments available.

  4. #304
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Had my second shot yesterday morning and yesterday evening I began to ache. Still miserable but feel fortunate to have had both shots.

  5. #305
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    This attitude is dismaying, to say the least.
    Have you read the whole article? Their position makes more sense if you read it through the lens of a minority.

  6. #306
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Have you read the whole article? Their position makes more sense if you read it through the lens of a minority.
    I haven't even read part of it -- I was responding to BlueDog's post.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  7. #307
    I had my second Pfizer shot Friday morning. 48 hours later, my only significant side effect has been an extremely sore arm (which still hurts). Other very mild side effects have included an off and on headache, slight body aches, and fatigue. All easily controlled by Tylenol. I also havenít slept very well the past 2 nights.

    I had similar side effects after the first shot. All mild and well worth it.

  8. #308
    Got my second Moderna shot yesterday, about 4:30 PM (first shot was on Jan 24). No symptoms at all for first couple of hours. Arm started to hurt where injected later in the night. Slept well... no other symptoms except for the sore arm. This morning, still only the sore arm... otherwise felt good... even went on my normal 1 hour walk (while listening to the DBR Podcast, of course).

    If I can recall correctly, I think the pain and stiffness in the arm after this second shot is a bit more painful than with the first shot. By the way, I am 71.

  9. #309
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    36 hours now since second Moderna and Iíve developed a 100 degree temperature. Second Tylenol cured the headache but the body aches are still with me as I build antibodies.

  10. #310
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Skinker-DeBaliviere, Saint Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Interesting that the bottom scroll of the game now shows a headline that NBA players don't want to do a PSA for the vaccine because of "apprehension" about the vaccine. Woj also says players "could" receive a vaccine starting in late March.

    NBA is now trying to get medical professionals to convince.
    Just saw Bill Russell do one though.

  11. #311
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Durham, NC
    My son got his first shot yesterday. My son's disability group had just been downgraded from Group 2 ("high risk") to Group 4 ("everybody else"), which runs counter to the available data, so when we had a video checkup with the doctor, my wife was complaining about that. His doctor asked if we'd be available to take leftover dose at the end of the day on a moment's notice, and we said of course. So yesterday, I was busy when my wife took the call, so she and my son hustled off to the office. It turns out that had more than on spare dose, so she was able to get one, too.

    Neither has reported any side effects from dose number one. I, however, am now suffering from vaccine envy.

  12. #312
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by TeacherTom View Post
    36 hours now since second Moderna and Iíve developed a 100 degree temperature. Second Tylenol cured the headache but the body aches are still with me as I build antibodies.
    Hope you feel better tomorrow!

  13. #313
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    I had my second Pfizer shot Friday morning. 48 hours later, my only significant side effect has been an extremely sore arm (which still hurts). Other very mild side effects have included an off and on headache, slight body aches, and fatigue. All easily controlled by Tylenol. I also havenít slept very well the past 2 nights.

    I had similar side effects after the first shot. All mild and well worth it.
    This *might* be due to the injection itself and not the vaccine. My wife got the influenza vaccine in October and her arm still hurts with certain movements. She blames the employee health nurse's technique and/or location of the shot.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Interesting that the bottom scroll of the game now shows a headline that NBA players don't want to do a PSA for the vaccine because of "apprehension" about the vaccine. Woj also says players "could" receive a vaccine starting in late March.

    NBA is now trying to get medical professionals to convince.
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    This attitude is dismaying, to say the least.
    Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Have you read the whole article? Their position makes more sense if you read it through the lens of a minority.
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I haven't even read part of it -- I was responding to BlueDog's post.
    Well apologies if I didn't provide full context. I was just relaying what is basically equivalent to a short tweet on ESPN's bottom line during the game. When I Google it, here's the whole Woj piece:
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...virus-vaccines

    "Sources describe a number of factors contributing to many players' reluctance to participate, including uncertainty about taking the vaccine themselves, reluctance to advocate its use for others and resistance to extending favors to a league amid the largely unpopular plans for an All-Star Game...

    "The NBA has been working to educate teams and players on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine, including mandatory team seminars with Dr. Leroy Sims, the league's senior vice president of medical affairs.

    "The NBA has done vaccine PSAs with Hall of Fame center Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Spurs coach Gregg Popovich, but there's a strong belief the league's top players -- many of whom who are Black -- can impact many more in Black and Brown communities, which have been disproportionately impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic."

  15. #315
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    This *might* be due to the injection itself and not the vaccine. My wife got the influenza vaccine in October and her arm still hurts with certain movements. She blames the employee health nurse's technique and/or location of the shot.
    One year, they had newbies doing flu shots where I work. The child giving me mine had NEVER before given a shot in a human. She was acting like she was going to throw a dart, moving the needle back and forth like she was aiming. I tensed, she gave me the shot, and it hurt like no other flu vaccine ever should. Because I tensed. These are intramuscular, like a tetanus, so they are more likely to leave your arm sore, but you should always try to let your arm hang as loosely and relaxed as possible. Then exercise your arm throughout the day after the shot.

    They never used newbies again, thinking they had some complaints . . .

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    One year, they had newbies doing flu shots where I work. The child giving me mine had NEVER before given a shot in a human. She was acting like she was going to throw a dart, moving the needle back and forth like she was aiming. I tensed, she gave me the shot, and it hurt like no other flu vaccine ever should. Because I tensed. These are intramuscular, like a tetanus, so they are more likely to leave your arm sore, but you should always try to let your arm hang as loosely and relaxed as possible. Then exercise your arm throughout the day after the shot.

    They never used newbies again, thinking they had some complaints . . .
    People need experience. You just don't want to be the test subject. I have a story I will share in the LTE.

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    This *might* be due to the injection itself and not the vaccine. My wife got the influenza vaccine in October and her arm still hurts with certain movements. She blames the employee health nurse's technique and/or location of the shot.
    It could be much worse... she could have blamed you.

  18. #318
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    It could be much worse... she could have blamed you.
    Wouldn't have been the first time .
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

  19. #319
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    West Palm Beach, Fl
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Hope you feel better tomorrow!
    Thatís extremely kind of you! Thank you, I do feel much, much better today.

  20. #320
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by TeacherTom View Post
    Thatís extremely kind of you! Thank you, I do feel much, much better today.
    Certaily glad to hear that.

Similar Threads

  1. Shingrix vaccine
    By budwom in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 05-11-2021, 01:05 PM
  2. Important information on COVID-19
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-16-2021, 12:15 PM
  3. 2020-21 influenza vaccine
    By LasVegas in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-20-2020, 09:26 PM
  4. Faceshield vs mask for covid 19...?
    By Lord Ash in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-17-2020, 05:08 PM
  5. Patrick Ewing hospitalized with COVID-19
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-24-2020, 12:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •