Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Great news, and, you even posted in the correct thread about the Covid vaccine.
    Yeah well after 20+ years of reading and posting on DBR, I've learned a thing or two.

After my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Friday my arm was sore at the injection site (a good bit) for a day or two but I realize yesterday that the soreness was gone. Second dose scheduled for Saturday March 6th.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Yeah well after 20+ years of reading and posting on DBR, I've learned a thing or two.

After my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine on Friday my arm was sore at the injection site (a good bit) for a day or two but I realize yesterday that the soreness was gone. Second dose scheduled for Saturday March 6th.
    Most folks have.

Generally speaking, more recipients appear to have "increased" reactions to the second dose but can't recall anyone having any serious ill effects. The one I remember most that had the longer duration of side effects was rsvman, but, I figure most viruses hate him anyway.

(yea, I know, the virus is not being injected to vaccinate people )
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Most folks have.

Generally speaking, more recipients appear to have "increased" reactions to the second dose but can't recall anyone having any serious ill effects. The one I remember most that had the longer duration of side effects was rsvman, but, I figure most viruses hate him anyway.

Yeah, my wife had more of a reaction to the second dose. She got body aches (hip joints in particular) for a few days and just didn't feel good. But it only lasted 2 days and she's been good since. Mentally, she feels better having been vaccinated since she's in a hospital around people every day. I'm looking forward to getting the second dose and reducing the possibility that that I catch it and then give it to others we are trying to help.

24 hours after my second Moderna vaccine I have had some reaction, stronger than for the first vaccine, but not very bad. I haven't needed to take any drugs for fever or discomfort.

11:00 PM - 12 hours after - some arm soreness, slight headache, slight fever (99.5)
    2:00 AM - 15 hours - slight chills/shivering. Put on sweater, stocking cap in bed and they subsided quickly. Pulse 75, normally 60.
    4:00 AM - The cat likes me more than usual as a heating pad. she keeps climbing on top of me in bed. I can feel my heart beat.
    7:00 AM - Fever and pulse rate returning to normal, both slightly elevated.
    11:00 AM - 24 hours. Still feeling slightly off. I could resume normal activities if I had to. Some tiredness possibly due to combination of vaccine and lack of sleep.

Most folks have.

Maybe it's because I have frequently called them "bad news wrapped in protein." I dunno, maybe they consider that an insult.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Most folks have.

Yes. I have treated a ton of RSV and flu kids too, but I can shut up about it. 2nd dose (Pfizer) yesterday and sore arm, mild headache. They are gone after my workout today.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Maybe it's because I have frequently called them "bad news wrapped in protein." I dunno, maybe they consider that an insult.
    One of us should inquire of them.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Healthcare provider here— PA in general pediatrics. Fortunate to have received both vaccine doses by mid January (Pfizer). No side effects. None. Not even a sore arm (ok, maybe 0.4 out of 10).

In general, people my age (50) and older tend to have fewer side effects than younger folks.

My daughter (age 16) is a participant in the Pfizer trial at Duke. She had a mild reaction on her second shot (fever, chills, fatigue, headache, nausea, vomiting), but felt better after a couple of days. A small price to pay to be vaccinated against Covid!

I got my second Pfizer dose yesterday. After 24 hours I have no issues except for a slightly tender arm. I did do some exercise yesterday after getting the shot (pushups and a 5-mile jog). Exercise is reccommended so maybe that helped.

Also, I'm in an antibody study which came up negative. They tell me that their test only detects antibodies from COVID-19 infection, not from vaccination.

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    I got my second Pfizer dose yesterday. After 24 hours I have no issues except for a slightly tender arm. I did do some exercise yesterday after getting the shot (pushups and a 5-mile jog). Exercise is reccommended so maybe that helped.

Also, I'm in an antibody study which came up negative. They tell me that their test only detects antibodies from COVID-19 infection, not from vaccination.
    If the vaccine mimics the virus and the virus has untold numbers of minor variants, how do they distinguish antibodies?

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    If the vaccine mimics the virus and the virus has untold numbers of minor variants, how do they distinguish antibodies?
    -jk
    The vaccine will only produce antibodies to the spike protein. Therefore, many antibody tests will be negative even if you have been vaccinated. To test if the vaccine “worked”, you would need an antibody test specifically for antibodies to the spike protein receptor binding domain.

Got Moderna #2 yesterday. Feel like crap today. Small fever, big headache, serious arm pain. My wife is having similar experience. We both had close to zero side effects from the first dose.

Just got a call from my father. He and his wife just got their second doses of the Pfizer vaccine. He was ecstatic to get it. We will see how he reacts, but since he is 87, he should do ok.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My parents, both 84, go their 2nd doses (on Duke's campus) on Sunday. Both reported sore arms but no other side effects and both are fine today.

Johnson & Johnson trial

My wife and I (she is 64 and I am 63) just got accepted into the Johnson & Johnson two shot trial. We are scheduled for shots (50/50 chance of getting a placebo) in nine days. Apparently, assuming that the Johnson & Johnson one shot vaccine gets the EUA, we each are guaranteed to get at least one shot. I'm pretty excited about this, because I wasn't looking forward to waiting until June or July to get vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by cbarry View Post
    In general, people my age (50) and older tend to have fewer side effects than younger folks.

My daughter (age 16) is a participant in the Pfizer trial at Duke. She had a mild reaction on her second shot (fever, chills, fatigue, headache, nausea, vomiting), but felt better after a couple of days. A small price to pay to be vaccinated against Covid!
    This ^^. For the Pfizer vaccine the 2nd dose caused a much higher rate of side effects for those under age 55. So if people are posting their vaccination reactions to help people know what to expect it would be helpful if they mentioned if they were in the over 55 or under 55 age groups, if vanity permits.*

*Personally my vanity fought a long brave battle, but decided to cut its losses and wave the white flag a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
    This ^^. For the Pfizer vaccine the 2nd dose caused a much higher rate of side effects for those under age 55. So if people are posting their vaccination reactions to help people know what to expect it would be helpful if they mentioned if they were in the over 55 or under 55 age groups, if vanity permits.*

*Personally my vanity fought a long brave battle, but decided to cut its losses and wave the white flag a few years ago.
    Age 47: 2nd Pfizer Monday and slight headache and injection site soreness. Gone in 12 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by freshmanjs View Post
    Got Moderna #2 yesterday. Feel like crap today. Small fever, big headache, serious arm pain. My wife is having similar experience. We both had close to zero side effects from the first dose.
    48 per the request for age

Got this enail today .sounds promising .i hope.
    working to finalize plans for onsite administration of the COVID-19 vaccine. Please take a moment to complete this brief survey to sign-up to receive the vaccine once it becomes available.

We ask that all employees complete this by Wednesday, February 24. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Skydog View Post

Under 55. Chills and fever started about 12-13 hours after 2nd vaccine and lasted about 12-13 hours. Just a sore arm after the first.

My mom is 76 and only a sore arm.

My uncle is 81 and had no symptoms.