Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Www.vaxstandby.com. Enter your mobile phone number and zip code and you’ll get a text if there are leftover vaccine doses near you. Was mentioned in a Washington Post story today.
    Does anyone here vouch for this? I checked out the website and feel like I'm just inviting robocalls.
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Well

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Does anyone here vouch for this? I checked out the website and feel like I'm just inviting robocalls.
    This is what the Washington Post tech columnist says:

"Tip: Look out for new technologies. The website vaxstandby.com is trying to create a way to connect people seeking a vaccination with pharmacies and clinics with excess supply. Its makers tell me it’s still just a concept, but it’s encouraging to know inventors and civic-minded people are trying to make the vaccine rollout work better for everyone."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...ment-websites/

I'll let you know if I seem to get more robocalls.

Marijuana Shop Workers in CA

Are now classified as "medical workers" in CA since "medical marijuana" and as such are ahead of teachers etc.

The first criteria should have been medical workers who treat Covid patients - ICU nurses, doctors, EMTs etc but a narrow list and administered at hospitals.
    After that age with a focus on giving everyone an equal chance regardless of economic condition etc.

I am happy to report the my wife and I will going to get our second Pfizer shot today. We got the first because we followed the news carefully and were prepared when LA County went to 65 and over and we have two computers and reasonable computer skills.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    No vaccine in sight for me here in Missouri, which is a robust participant in many races to the bottom. I think this state still has the lowest percentage of people with vaccines in the country. I'm not quite 65, but am diabetic, otherwise not in great health, and I teach part time (college grad course). It took almost a month for the system here to acknowledge that I had registered for the vaccine. I don't think I'll be getting one any time soon.

Alabama has pulled slightly ahead of us on some days. But it's actually starting to look like this state is deliberately trying to make it go as slow as possible. Saint Louis County, home to about a sixth of Missouri's population, received no vaccines for three weeks.

First dose tomorrow

I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 8:30am to receive my first dose. I believe it's the Pfizer vaccine (I'll ask). I'm a mix of happy and nervous about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    This is what the Washington Post tech columnist says:

"Tip: Look out for new technologies. The website vaxstandby.com is trying to create a way to connect people seeking a vaccination with pharmacies and clinics with excess supply. Its makers tell me it’s still just a concept, but it’s encouraging to know inventors and civic-minded people are trying to make the vaccine rollout work better for everyone."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/techn...ment-websites/

I'll let you know if I seem to get more robocalls.
    Yeah, it looks potentially spammy upfront but seems to be pretty legit/transparent and is founded by two guys with involvement in the NY Times/Dropbox. Would be nice to have other third-party news reports of it to vouch for its authenticity, but I guess the WaPo is pretty mainstream. The FAQ addresses this:
    How do I know this isn't a scam? All we can prove is we are real people who have lived decent lives. We wouldn't risk our personal and professional reputations for a list of phone numbers and ZIP codes, and we are committed to being true to our word with vaxstandby.com.

Jimmy Chion works at The New York Times; you can find an article with his attribution (at the bottom of the page), and a video with his face. He has built a viral, pro-bono public-good site before. Ian has patents from his time at Dropbox. Both of us have updated our LinkedIns (Jimmy, Ian) to show we're indeed the co-founders of Vax Standby.

We launched February 1st. Media about us will come out soon, and we're continuing to build our team.
    Do you give the provider any of my personal information? No. We will never give providers or vaccine locations any information about you...Previously we stated we may share the info after you have confirmed you are en route to a provider. After consideration, we can avoid this. We have never shared any info about any of our users, and we promise we will not do so under any circumstances.

2nd Pfizer Reactions

Wife and I got our second Pfizer shots today little before noon.

I had chills this afternoon and needed to rest. Seemed fine at dinner etc. Wife has a sore arm.

My arm is fine.

Worst reaction to the first was sore arms.

Very happy to get the second vaccine shot.

I guess we are all different but our reactions to the 2 vaccine shots has been very tolerable.

SoCal

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I have an appointment tomorrow morning at 8:30am to receive my first dose. I believe it's the Pfizer vaccine (I'll ask). I'm a mix of happy and nervous about this...
    Happy is the correct emotion. Go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Happy is the correct emotion. Go with it.
    Thanks, the nervous part wasn't covid vaccine specific...I'm not a big fan of needles.

Vaccine process went very well. Had an 8:30 appointment. Arrived at 8:15, was about 20th in line. Had to wait outside until they opened the doors at 8:30 and I was done and in a waiting area by 8:40.

My parents (mid 70s) are getting shot number one today and I am thrilled about it.

Got my first Moderna yesterday. Had chills for about two hours. That's all. Got it at Walgreens.

Got mine yesterday too. Moderna. No chills or other sequalia. Just a sore arm.

90 y/o Grandma in SC got her second last week. WooHoo!

70 y/o parents, also in SC, schedule for their shots in March/April.

Know several law enforcement types and pediatrician types in PA that have all been vaccinated.

MUSC in Charleston, SC had an outdoors vaccination event at the remote lot of the airport yesterday in 45 degree temperatures and pouring rain. As I sat in my car in line for close to two hours, I came up with a name for it:

Stab it and Steer.

Glad to say my second Pfizer shot just gave me a sore arm. Hope those nurses and other staff know how much I appreciate them braving the weather.

I got my second COVID shot, Moderna version, at 11:00 AM today at my local Ingles supermarket in Greenville, SC. The only side effect so far is a craving for chocolate. Oh wait, I always have that.

This is the waiting line at the pharmacy. I got chair number 3.

Ingles-covid-line-20210215.jpg

More news as it occurs.

Looks like the correct thread for posting about the Covid vaccine.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

If you’re 60+

There is a trial of a two shot dose of the J&J vaccine. Of course, you may get a placebo. From the website, it doesn’t seem that you would be precluded from getting another vaccine if one becomes available for you.

https://www.ensemblestudy.com/#!/

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Thanks, the nervous part wasn't covid vaccine specific...I'm not a big fan of needles.

Vaccine process went very well. Had an 8:30 appointment. Arrived at 8:15, was about 20th in line. Had to wait outside until they opened the doors at 8:30 and I was done and in a waiting area by 8:40.
    Great news, and, you even posted in the correct thread about the Covid vaccine.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Yesterday I made an attempted humorous post in the LTE about my second Pfizer vaccine. Here is the real stuff:

Minor soreness in the arm.

Developed a whopping 1 degree temperature for about 5 hours duration.

Some minor joint pain, probably more due to old age and a rainy day.

Minor fatigue, which is now gone. On the plus side, I got the best nights sleep that I’ve had in a long time. . . so good that I’m plotting on how to sneak in for a second 2nd vaccine.

Twenty four hours after my second Pfizer shot I have no ill effects to report. Yeah science! The local hospital has setup the vaccine clinic in the parking lot. They have heated tents for the administration/observation area and open tents for the waiting area which was thoughtful.
    Last edited by Kdogg; 02-16-2021 at 08:52 AM.