Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    My wife and I had shot one this afternoon. Pfizer. Clinic at Duke at new Alumni Center. So far, so good but brain fog might keep men from watching Duke's next basketball game, whenever that is.

Very smooth, very well-organized. Two thumbs up and one sleeve rolled up to the organizers of this.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    30 with 3 young kids that make me feel 65. I’m almost 48 hours post 2nd dose and feel pretty good now. A little bit of a headache but that’s about it.
    Very glad you have finally recovered. Your age adds up with the theory it hits younger people much harder. Nevertheless, it sure beats the alternative... congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    My wife and I had shot one this afternoon. Pfizer. Clinic at Duke at new Alumni Center. So far, so good but brain fog might keep men from watching Duke's next basketball game, whenever that is.

Very smooth, very well-organized. Two thumbs up and one sleeve rolled up to the organizers of this.
    Yes! My mom gets her second one on Sunday there. It was a very smooth, well thought-out process. Of course, it helps that Duke can get lots of help from a large crop of Med students! We are fortunate to live where we do.

Very smooth, very well-organized.
    I received my shot at the Sewell’s Point Naval Medical Clinic in Norfolk. It was a well oiled machine.
    Bob Green

May I ask how you got your appointment? I have been checking the appointment site on Mychart for weeks with no luck. Supposedly I am on the waiting list but no clue as to when that will pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Blue Lemur View Post
    May I ask how you got your appointment? I have been checking the appointment site on Mychart for weeks with no luck. Supposedly I am on the waiting list but no clue as to when that will pay off.
    My daughter made it her life's work to find us a vaccine slot. I think her approach was lots of computer refreshes.

It was pretty annoying when she wanted us to drive to Charlotte or Greenville.

When she found openings 25 miles away? Not so much.

FWIW, Wake County is going to hold a mass-vaccination event at PNC Arena next week. Breaking news and details are still being ironed out. But it will be appointment only, 65+.

https://www.wral.com/pnc-arena-to-be...unty/19511829/

Interesting. There had been talk of such an event in Durham but that seems to have dropped off the radar. Wake has been getting many more doses than Durham or Orange Counties.

Mrs. CNC got her first dose of Moderna today. She spent the day volunteering at a vaccination site and got it at the end of the day. So far, so good but it has only been a few hours.

My aunt who is mid-70s got the vaccine last week and has had migraines. She is in touch with her doctor and will go in early in the week if it continues. She is generally quite healthy other than back issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Mrs. CNC got her first dose of Moderna today. She spent the day volunteering at a vaccination site and got it at the end of the day. So far, so good but it has only been a few hours.

My aunt who is mid-70s got the vaccine last week and has had migraines. She is in touch with her doctor and will go in early in the week if it continues. She is generally quite healthy other than back issues.
    Can you say whether it was Moderna or Pfizer... curious

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    Can you say whether it was Moderna or Pfizer... curious
    I believe Moderna - first shot was Jan. 28, second is Feb. 25, so that means Moderna I think (someone correct me if I am wrong on that assumption). She got it at the same time as her husband and and older sister and I believe they are both fine.

Just saw this AP article on avoiding painkillers after the vaccine shot...

https://apnews.com/article/painkille...b81c1736388027

Certain painkillers that target inflammation, including ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin and other brands) might curb the immune response. A study on mice in the Journal of Virology found these drugs might lower production of antibodies — helpful substances that block the virus from infecting cells.

Tylenol, on the other hand, may be OK...

If you do need one, acetaminophen (Tylenol) “is safer because it doesn’t alter your immune response,” he added.

Fortunately, after my first Moderna shot, I only had mild soreness for a day or so, and didn't need any medications...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I believe Moderna - first shot was Jan. 28, second is Feb. 25, so that means Moderna I think (someone correct me if I am wrong on that assumption). She got it at the same time as her husband and and older sister and I believe they are both fine.
    Matches mine which was Moderna. First one for me was Jan. 18, second scheduled for Feb. 15.

No major reaction to vaccine, arm soreness, minor fever, general achiness. Mostly gone by the next morning.

I received my first shot ( Moderna ) Dec 28 .. 2nd Jan 25.. 28 hours after shot I felt a little achy. Took Tylenol and all was well. My 94 yr old mother had no side effects from either shot.

Glad its behind me.

I had thought the the "vaccine " would be like measles , polo , etc. One shot and you vaccinated. Now I'm hearing it might be more like a flu shot.. every year.
    Does anyone know more on this ??

It has been 24 hours since I was poked in the arm and I’m happy to report mild arm soreness as the only issue incurred. No fever, chills, fatigue.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    I received my first shot ( Moderna ) Dec 28 .. 2nd Jan 25.. 28 hours after shot I felt a little achy. Took Tylenol and all was well. My 94 yr old mother had no side effects from either shot.

Glad its behind me.

I had thought the the "vaccine " would be like measles , polo , etc. One shot and you vaccinated. Now I'm hearing it might be more like a flu shot.. every year.
    Does anyone know more on this ??
    Vaccine immunity might last a long time, but the virus seems very capable of mutating away from immunity. I don't have a crystal ball, but I suspect once we get anywhere near herd immunity, and therefore put more immunologic pressure on the virus, at least one of the mutant viruses will become successful. If this happens, the mRNA will have to be tweaked, and revaccination will have to occur.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

45 hours post first Pfizer shot, and if I hadn't pressed on my left triceps to see if it was sore I wouldn't have know it was!

SO gets her second Moderna shot on Tuesday. No problem with the first shot and she's not expecting any with the second. Great PMA (but don't ask her about tonight's game. Too damn negative an attitude about this team in general...). And she doesn't want me to relay the various comments here above about the second shot side effects.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Like Bob Green, it's been a little over 24 hours since shot #1 and my wife and I escaped with no real problems. Injection-site discomfort was so minimal for me I didn't even use any pain meds. Some fatigue last night and I did sleep late this A.M. But no fever, no chills, no brain fog, appetite normal and I went out earlier and am already over 12,000 steps for the day.

Which means shot number two will eat me alive in three weeks. But shot number one was anti-climatic in the best possible sense of the word.

I get my 2nd Pfizer dose tomorrow at 5:20 pm. Hopefully everything runs smoothly and I'm back in time for kickoff.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    Update. I am about 30 hours post 2nd dose now. My day went better than my night. I progressively got better during the day and was feeling pretty good around dinner time but it’s starting to hit me a little bit now again. Headache, chills, fatigue. The three headed devil. I’ll be better prepared tonight with my ibuprofen so hopefully by morning I’ll be close to normal. My employer gives up to 10 paid days off for covid related stuff. This includes vaccine symptoms so I was pleasantly surprised this morning that I wouldn’t have to use any PTO.

Not sure if it has been mentioned but the V-Safe data collection is just so cool. I would love to get my hands on the data it’s collecting.
    Sorry to be two days late on this but when I actually had the Covid, my PSA for people with sweats, fever, chills is to take some theraflu cold and fever. It really took the edge off of some pretty rough nights.

Second Pfizer dose just rescheduled 4 days later down here in South Cackalacky. Bot man said there was a supply issue but that is the first i have heard that here. My original second dose appointment was on day 19, maybe a little on the early side due to work schedule, so no big whoop.