Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 1,021 to 1,029 of 1029
  1. #1021
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    oh yes, King Street is still a bit rustic.
    Additionally, there was a GREAT bar called the Three Needs that opened at 4:30pm daily, would show the Simpsons for 90 minutes (I believe on a Canadian feed) and choose a keg to be "Duff beer." Duff would be a dollar a pull until the keg emptied. During school, that would be about 20-30 minutes. Off session, it could last an hour to an hour and a half.

    Good times.

  2. #1022
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Additionally, there was a GREAT bar called the Three Needs that opened at 4:30pm daily, would show the Simpsons for 90 minutes (I believe on a Canadian feed) and choose a keg to be "Duff beer." Duff would be a dollar a pull until the keg emptied. During school, that would be about 20-30 minutes. Off session, it could last an hour to an hour and a half.

    Good times.
    I was a big fan of the Three Needs, for sure, nice place.

  3. #1023
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I was a big fan of the Three Needs, for sure, nice place.
    She has been replaced by something more upscale?

  4. #1024
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    She has been replaced by something more upscale?
    seemingly still in business, though it was been moved up to Pearl St, they still mention Duff on their web site...but of course bars are in a weird place right now.

    The Three Needs was started by yet another student of the legendary Greg Noonan of the Vermont Pub and Brewery...(John Kimmich of the famous Alchemist/Heady Topper fame is another): https://learn.uvm.edu/blog/blog-busi...eer-in-vermont

    Very good beer DNA there...

  5. #1025
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Got my first dose today. Waiting 30 minutes since I have a prior allergy. Apparently they didnít do that in SC where my parents were vaccinated.

  6. #1026
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Got my first dose today. Waiting 30 minutes since I have a prior allergy. Apparently they didnít do that in SC where my parents were vaccinated.
    Itís supposed to be 15 minutes in SC but itís not like they tackle you if you leave early.

  7. #1027
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Got my first dose today. Waiting 30 minutes since I have a prior allergy. Apparently they didnít do that in SC where my parents were vaccinated.
    Here at the hospital we didn't allow anybody with prior allergies to get the shot in our "vaccine clinic." Glad to hear that you were able to get vaccinated.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

  8. #1028
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Itís supposed to be 15 minutes in SC but itís not like they tackle you if you leave early.
    They gave me a card and I had to sign in and watch the clock. I guess I could have left at any time. Iím 6í4Ē and the monitor was a nun. Lord might have frowned but he already threw a pandemic at us, ya dig?

  9. #1029
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    They gave me a card and I had to sign in and watch the clock. I guess I could have left at any time. I’m 6’4” and the monitor was a nun. Lord might have frowned but he already threw a pandemic at us, ya dig?
    “You can’t lie to the penguin.”

    That whole scene from The Blues Brothers is both hilarious, and frighteningly real, to my upbringing. Especially how she glides because, y’know, she doesn’t have feet and all.
    ďIf you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.Ē ó George Harrison

Similar Threads

  1. Important information on COVID-19
    By JasonEvans in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-16-2021, 12:15 PM
  2. Shingrix vaccine
    By budwom in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 01-08-2021, 08:54 AM
  3. 2020-21 influenza vaccine
    By LasVegas in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 09-20-2020, 09:26 PM
  4. Faceshield vs mask for covid 19...?
    By Lord Ash in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-17-2020, 05:08 PM
  5. Patrick Ewing hospitalized with COVID-19
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-24-2020, 12:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •