Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152
Results 1,021 to 1,029 of 1029
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    oh yes, King Street is still a bit rustic.
    Additionally, there was a GREAT bar called the Three Needs that opened at 4:30pm daily, would show the Simpsons for 90 minutes (I believe on a Canadian feed) and choose a keg to be "Duff beer." Duff would be a dollar a pull until the keg emptied. During school, that would be about 20-30 minutes. Off session, it could last an hour to an hour and a half.

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Additionally, there was a GREAT bar called the Three Needs that opened at 4:30pm daily, would show the Simpsons for 90 minutes (I believe on a Canadian feed) and choose a keg to be "Duff beer." Duff would be a dollar a pull until the keg emptied. During school, that would be about 20-30 minutes. Off session, it could last an hour to an hour and a half.

Good times.
    I was a big fan of the Three Needs, for sure, nice place.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I was a big fan of the Three Needs, for sure, nice place.
    She has been replaced by something more upscale?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    She has been replaced by something more upscale?
    seemingly still in business, though it was been moved up to Pearl St, they still mention Duff on their web site...but of course bars are in a weird place right now.

The Three Needs was started by yet another student of the legendary Greg Noonan of the Vermont Pub and Brewery...(John Kimmich of the famous Alchemist/Heady Topper fame is another): https://learn.uvm.edu/blog/blog-busi...eer-in-vermont

Very good beer DNA there...

Got my first dose today. Waiting 30 minutes since I have a prior allergy. Apparently they didnít do that in SC where my parents were vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Got my first dose today. Waiting 30 minutes since I have a prior allergy. Apparently they didnít do that in SC where my parents were vaccinated.
    Itís supposed to be 15 minutes in SC but itís not like they tackle you if you leave early.

Here at the hospital we didn't allow anybody with prior allergies to get the shot in our "vaccine clinic." Glad to hear that you were able to get vaccinated.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Itís supposed to be 15 minutes in SC but itís not like they tackle you if you leave early.
    They gave me a card and I had to sign in and watch the clock. I guess I could have left at any time. Iím 6í4Ē and the monitor was a nun. Lord might have frowned but he already threw a pandemic at us, ya dig?

They gave me a card and I had to sign in and watch the clock. I guess I could have left at any time. I’m 6’4” and the monitor was a nun. Lord might have frowned but he already threw a pandemic at us, ya dig?
    “You can’t lie to the penguin.”

That whole scene from The Blues Brothers is both hilarious, and frighteningly real, to my upbringing. Especially how she glides because, y’know, she doesn’t have feet and all.
    ďIf you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.Ē ó George Harrison