Page 23 of 54 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wavedukefan70s View Post
    Awesome im literally in my 15 minute wait till i can leave on my 1st Pfizer shot .my daughter called says we have extra people didnt show.
    Get here .so i ran out my house .
    Nice feel good post! Thanks.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Waiting on the car for my wife to come out of a CVS where she is getting the J&J vaccine. Had to drive 1:40 to Blacksburg, VA to get it but it was an easy decision given how hard it’s been to find doses in our local area. I’ll get my 2nd dose of Pfizer in a little less than 2 weeks. My folks moved from NC mid-pandemic to be near us but we’ve been unable to spend much time together through the winter. They are one week past their 2nd Moderna dose and we are very grateful to see some light at the tunnel. We are looking forward to the first hug in many, many months. I know they can’t wait to hug their grandkids.

This Spring is feeling particularly hopeful in our home. I hope the same is true for the rest of you.

I guess it is worth mentioning that I got my first Pfizer dose this past weekend. I'm 56 and working from home, so I didn't even realize I was eligible at this point, but my wife made the argument to me that I should be, and after researching it, it turn out (as it usually does) that she is correct. So I signed up and got it. My wife and son both received "leftover" doses a couple weeks ago, so 60% of the household now has had dose #1 (all Pfizer). None of us slept well the night after, for whatever that is worth. The 60% will be fully vaccinated by mid-April (meaning 14 days after dose #2).

Unfortunately, the remaining 40% won't be scheduled for a little while yet, but hey, we're getting closer.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    ...Spring is feeling particularly hopeful in our home. I hope the same is true for the rest of you.
    That's the overwhelming sense I'm feeling right now. Steady drip-drip-drip of more friends and family getting vaccinated, more colleagues and students coming back to school, just...the world waking up. Doesn't hurt that we're in the midst of one of those stretches of legendary southern spring weather where it's all just drenched with sunshine and color and promise.
    Hell, I could cry right now just typing this.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    That's the overwhelming sense I'm feeling right now. Steady drip-drip-drip of more friends and family getting vaccinated, more colleagues and students coming back to school, just...the world waking up. Doesn't hurt that we're in the midst of one of those stretches of legendary southern spring weather where it's all just drenched with sunshine and color and promise.
    Hell, I could cry right now just typing this.
    When I was at Duke we called that sundress day - it seemed like there was a coordinated effort, driven by the weather, for all of the female students to break out their sundresses on the same day after having them stored away for the winter. It was usually right around the start of the NCAA tournament. And meanwhile my friends up north were still trudging through snow. The most wonderful time of the year. The only downside was that after a childhood in the northeast with no allergies, I discovered that I was allergic to all of the southern trees.

Quote Originally Posted by mpj96 View Post
    Really? You think someone is deliberately trashing vaccines? I'll admit to knowing nothing of the situation in Missouri but that seems like a pretty improbable scenario.

I believe there is a quote out there by someone saying not to attribute to malice that which can be readily explained by incompetence.
    Not that they are trashing vaccines deliberately, but that the powers that be in Missouri are making the vaccine much more available in rural areas than in urban and suburban areas. This is the state that put Josh Hawley in the Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    When I was at Duke we called that sundress day - it seemed like there was a coordinated effort, driven by the weather, for all of the female students to break out their sundresses on the same day after having them stored away for the winter. It was usually right around the start of the NCAA tournament. And meanwhile my friends up north were still trudging through snow. The most wonderful time of the year...
    Yup, we used to observe same during my time at the Wonderland. For me, it meant time to break out the pastels. Along those lines, I wore pink shorts to the dentist's office yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    When I was at Duke we called that sundress day - it seemed like there was a coordinated effort, driven by the weather, for all of the female students to break out their sundresses on the same day after having them stored away for the winter. It was usually right around the start of the NCAA tournament. And meanwhile my friends up north were still trudging through snow. The most wonderful time of the year. The only downside was that after a childhood in the northeast with no allergies, I discovered that I was allergic to all of the southern trees.
    Okay... I LOVED sundress day.

And I love that other people noticed it

Got my second (Pfizer) yesterday... didn't sleep great, and a little headachy today, but overall nothing that some tylenol can't handle!

Got Pfizer #1 last week. Horrible reaction. Nausea, fever, body aches, lower back aching for a couple of days afterwards. Slept all day the day after. The injection felt like the Anthrax shot for the first couple of hours.

My wife got the first shot yesterday. She is suffering the same effects right now. We are both mid 30's, no known medical issues.

Kinda funny that we would react this way--when I got COVID, I was asymptomatic besides being tired for a day, and losing my sense of smell and taste for a month. That was over a year ago, early enough that we didn't even know that loss of smell was a symptom. So the vaccine felt worse than the disease itself.

Not looking forward to #2, but I guess I need it, so we will strategically schedule our shots so that we aren't both suffering at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by jdk View Post
    Got Pfizer #1 last week. Horrible reaction. Nausea, fever, body aches, lower back aching for a couple of days afterwards. Slept all day the day after. The injection felt like the Anthrax shot for the first couple of hours.

My wife got the first shot yesterday. She is suffering the same effects right now. We are both mid 30's, no known medical issues.

Kinda funny that we would react this way--when I got COVID, I was asymptomatic besides being tired for a day, and losing my sense of smell and taste for a month. That was over a year ago, early enough that we didn't even know that loss of smell was a symptom. So the vaccine felt worse than the disease itself.

Not looking forward to #2, but I guess I need it, so we will strategically schedule our shots so that we aren't both suffering at the same time.
    Some people who had Covid seem to have pretty impressive vaccine reactions. Presumably you already have memory cells, so the first shot functions kind of like the second shot for those who never had the disease. That would explain why your reactions were more severe than most.

It would appear that we're approaching a transition point soon with the primary challenge moving from not enough vaccine to too many people unwilling to take it. Around here everyone wants it, but speaking to acquaintances elsewhere I'm hearing a lot of doubt based on nonsensical concerns. Hopefully a lot of these people regain their senses.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    It would appear that we're approaching a transition point soon with the primary challenge moving from not enough vaccine to too many people unwilling to take it. Around here everyone wants it, but speaking to acquaintances elsewhere I'm hearing a lot of doubt based on nonsensical concerns. Hopefully a lot of these people regain their senses.
    Especially since the duration of effectiveness is rather unclear.

Otherwise, I'd say let them stay unvaccinated.

I know TikTok is generally seen as the devil, but here's a pretty excellent one minute description of how the mRNA vaccine operates.

https://v.redd.it/q3t2xtc7t1m61

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I know TikTok is generally seen as the devil, but here's a pretty excellent one minute description of how the mRNA vaccine operates.

https://v.redd.it/q3t2xtc7t1m61
    That's pretty cool. As for TikTok, it's a lot of fun and it helped to minimize a gathering for lies and evil last year! My teenagers love it and even my wife and I have started to enjoy using it...including making an account for our charity and posting a few videos. I look at it like many other things in life, it's great when used in moderation and with the proper perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Especially since the duration of effectiveness is rather unclear.

Otherwise, I'd say let them stay unvaccinated.
    I would tend to share that sentiment, though if we allow the virus to stick around too long, it might develop mutations that do an end run around our vaccinations, and that's not good.

Quote Originally Posted by mph View Post
    Waiting on the car for my wife to come out of a CVS where she is getting the J&J vaccine. Had to drive 1:40 to Blacksburg, VA to get it but it was an easy decision given how hard it’s been to find doses in our local area. I’ll get my 2nd dose of Pfizer in a little less than 2 weeks. My folks moved from NC mid-pandemic to be near us but we’ve been unable to spend much time together through the winter. They are one week past their 2nd Moderna dose and we are very grateful to see some light at the tunnel. We are looking forward to the first hug in many, many months. I know they can’t wait to hug their grandkids.

This Spring is feeling particularly hopeful in our home. I hope the same is true for the rest of you.
    Around 9pm last night my wife started to develop a headache and by 10 she was experiencing body aches and chills but no fever. She went to bed early and was much better this morning. I know she’s happy that she doesn’t have a 2nd shot coming.

She’s in her mid-40’s but everybody in her family lives to be 90+ so she probably has the immune system of a 25 year-old.

Georgia opening up shots to 55 and over, plus other looser standards, starting next Monday.

Works for me!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Georgia opening up shots to 55 and over, plus other looser standards, starting next Monday.

Works for me!
    Texas going 50 and over on Monday.

Tested positive for Covid back in November. Got Pfizer dose 1 today here in Virginia. In and out in 20 minutes. No bad reactions. Already scheduled for #2 4/7. Things are moving!

Amazing that it's going so well in so many states. In Missouri, people are driving hours to outlying rural areas that aren't safe for PoC to travel to/thru in the first place.