Page 18 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    There was an interesting pattern. Someone I know posted that they had a second shot, with mild side effects. Then a bunch of people I don't know responded with stories of being laid up in bed for three days—not in a good way—massive headaches, cold chills and such. I'm not even sure these respondents weren't Russian bots seeking new gigs now that the election is over.
    Exactly, manipulation and exaggeration are rampant on Facebook!

You’ll have minor or no side effects (other than a sore arm). We got our second Pfizer shots yesterday and I’m fine and my wife is sleeping off very minor aches and pains.

I’ve been doing occasional arm windmills, since minutes after the shot, and my arm soreness has already improved substantially. You might want to do the same.

I apologize for the question as it has likely been answered many times, but now that my turn is coming up soon, I wanted to clarify. I am fairly sure I will be getting the Pfizer vaccine. Is the 21 days to the next shot exactly 21 days (i.e. Saturday to Saturday) or is it 22 (Saturday to Sunday)? I assumed it was Saturday to Saturday but someone just told me otherwise.

Related question: I am scheduled for a 6+ hour car ride 21 days after my first shot (i.e. Saturday to Saturday). Which is why I am so concerned about 21 days vs. 22 days. If I get my second shot first thing in the morning and get in the car within an hour, is it fair to assume that other than a sore arm, none of the potential side effects are likely to start kicking in until after I've reached my destination (roughly 8 hours after the shot)? I am apprehensive about being in a car for that long right after the second dose, but I have been led to believe that if I have side effects, they most likely won't really start until I've reached my destination. Mrs. CNC will be available to drive if I am not feeling well, but it still would not be ideal. Appointments are very hard to come by so, to quote Hamilton, I'm not gonna give away my shot.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I apologize for the question as it has likely been answered many times, but now that my turn is coming up soon, I wanted to clarify. I am fairly sure I will be getting the Pfizer vaccine. Is the 21 days to the next shot exactly 21 days (i.e. Saturday to Saturday) or is it 22 (Saturday to Sunday)? I assumed it was Saturday to Saturday but someone just told me otherwise.

Related question: I am scheduled for a 6+ hour car ride 21 days after my first shot (i.e. Saturday to Saturday). Which is why I am so concerned about 21 days vs. 22 days. If I get my second shot first thing in the morning and get in the car within an hour, is it fair to assume that other than a sore arm, none of the potential side effects are likely to start kicking in until after I've reached my destination (roughly 8 hours after the shot)? I am apprehensive about being in a car for that long right after the second dose, but I have been led to believe that if I have side effects, they most likely won't really start until I've reached my destination. Mrs. CNC will be available to drive if I am not feeling well, but it still would not be ideal. Appointments are very hard to come by so, to quote Hamilton, I'm not gonna give away my shot.

Thanks in advance.
    Congratulations!

No problem, at all, getting your second Pfizer 21 to 28 days afterwards. One day definitely doesn’t matter. We were 22 days.

You’re much more likely to have side effects after the second shot. Probably starting about 12 hours after your shot. If I were you, I’d get the second shot and hit the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Congratulations!

No problem, at all, getting your second Pfizer 21 to 28 days afterwards. One day definitely doesn’t matter. We were 22 days.

You’re much more likely to have side effects after the second shot. Probably starting about 12 hours after your shot. If I were you, I’d get the second shot and hit the road.
    Thanks! The issue is that I want to get it 21 days (Saturday to Saturday). I will be away for almost a week so if I don't get it exactly 21 days, I might have to wait until about 28 days. As I understand it, I think that is OK as well (I have read that you can wait up to 42, though would appreciate an expert's opinion on that), though I'd rather avoid it. Which is why I am fixated on 21 vs. 22.

Glad you got your second shot and are feeling ok!

Thanks! The issue is that I want to get it 21 days (Saturday to Saturday). I will be away for almost a week so if I don't get it exactly 21 days, I might have to wait until about 28 days. As I understand it, I think that is OK as well (I have read that you can wait up to 42, though would appreciate an expert's opinion on that), though I'd rather avoid it. Which is why I am fixated on 21 vs. 22.

My husband and I got our 2nd Pfizer shot 19 and 20 days, respectively, after the first. Our fairly mild symptoms (achiness, mild arm pain) did not appear until 12 hours later. You should be fine to drive!

Given his specialty and daily exposure, I would think rsvman has built up a much stronger respiratory infection immunity than most Americans. Could his significantly stronger respiratory immunity system have merely waged a much more aggressive vaccination attack than most?
    Maybe. Or maybe I'm just a wimp.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Maybe. Or maybe I'm just a wimp.
    Is your surname Hansbrough?

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2013/10/22/tyler-hansbrough-backs-down-from-confrontation-after-realizing-its-metta-world-peace-video/

The original window for Pfizer was 17-25 days. Now I am hearing that they are not stressing about missing the second shot for even several weeks later. Even longer than the day 42 you heard. They are, however, saying NO EARLIER than 17 days.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    In bright-red Missouri, vaccination has been ridiculously slow only in the large cities and surrounding areas.
    And it's getting harder and harder to believe that isn't by design.

Facebook is a high quality source for umm, ahh...
    Money for large stakeholders?

My parents, ages 70 and 69, got their first vaccine dose yesterday in Madison, Wisconsin. As of 24 hours later no complications except mild arm soreness for either of them. They received the Moderna vaccine.

Wisconsin was one of the later states to move from essential healthcare to 65+ and the rollout for 65+ is almost entirely via healthcare providers. Trying to get an appointment has been haphazard and required online know how and perseverance.

He managed to schedule an appointment for my 94 year old grandmother in a neighboring county through her home health care provider on Jan 28th. She also got Moderna and no major side effects for those keeping score and gets her second shot tomorrow.
    Coach K on Kyle Singler - "What position does he play? ... He plays winner."

"Duke is never the underdog" - Quinn Cook

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    The original window for Pfizer was 17-25 days. Now I am hearing that they are not stressing about missing the second shot for even several weeks later. Even longer than the day 42 you heard. They are, however, saying NO EARLIER than 17 days.
    I read somewhere a few days ago... can't remember or find it now... that 3-4 days before 21 days for Pfizer or 28 days for Moderna is just fine. Also, up to 42 days after the first shot is also just fine. I asked this question of 27 days or 28 days for Moderna, and responses here were that 1 day is not a problem. In addition, my real question was when was day #1... the day of the shot, or the day after. But since 1 day either way will not make a difference, I stopped worrying...

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    I read somewhere a few days ago... can't remember or find it now... that 3-4 days before 21 days for Pfizer or 28 days for Moderna is just fine. Also, up to 42 days after the first shot is also just fine. I asked this question of 27 days or 28 days for Moderna, and responses here were that 1 day is not a problem. In addition, my real question was when was day #1... the day of the shot, or the day after. But since 1 day either way will not make a difference, I stopped worrying...

I'm fairly certain the 3-4 days earlier comments are in the CDC guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Money for large stakeholders?
    Thank you, I knew Facebook had to add value somewhere in society.

I live in NYC. I think we have been having the same issues. One of the largest distribution points in the city is the Javits Center, which is in a non-residential neighborhood but is generally furthest from less wealthy neighborhoods. My wife got her first shot at a school not too far from us in a low income neighborhood. Most shots seem to be going to those who are more tech savvy.

To your question, I heard on the news this morning that they opened up two large centers that will each do about 3000 shots a day in poorer areas that have been hit the hardest. I believe they are restricting registration to people in specific zip codes. It looks like the federal government is providing additional supply specifically for this. Our part-time caregiver is getting her shot tomorrow, I believe at the new site in Brooklyn (she has a number of co-morbidities that make her eligible). See the attached article for more details.

https://abc7ny.com/covid-vaccine-app...york/10366479/
    Following up on my own response yesterday about prioritization of vaccines for less wealthy people, I was just in the online system for the very large medical center where most of my doctors are. About a week ago New York changed the rules so now eligibility is over 65 plus people with a long list of medical conditions (which is how I qualify). That made a lot more people eligible all at once, so now there is huge demand for appointments.

I was fortunate to get an appointment for myself at one of the large state-wide centers, but I am trying to change times, so I was looking for an appointment through the hospital. Interestingly, the medical center is doing vaccinations, but they are currently limiting it to people over 65, and of those with the designated medical conditions, only people who live in specific zip codes, likely lower income ones (mine is not on the list). I assume they are filling all of their slots with these groups.

Thank you, I knew Facebook had to add value somewhere in society.
    With Facebook, you get to be the product, which may appeal to some people (though most of them don't realize it)...(I'm a Facebook virgin and shall forever remain so).

Now that's just an unacceptably low blow.......
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Now that's just an unacceptably low blow....
    Why travel there?

Got an appointment on Monday through Kroger. Based on the date for the follow-up (3 weeks to the day), I assume I’m getting Pfizer. Will report back on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Why travel there?
    Agree, that’s just bloody uncalled for.