Page 47 of 54 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    I was ok the first 12’ish hours (other than waking up a bunch of times). Then it hit me this morning like Dolejaz trying to take a charge against Zion. Hoping tomorrow is much better.
    Moderna #2 took 24 hours before any ill effects kicked in. I've been at 85% all night, but I had chills during most of the lacrosse game (and not the ending).

Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    Moderna #2 took 24 hours before any ill effects kicked in. I've been at 85% all night, but I had chills during most of the lacrosse game (and not the ending).
    I’m about to hit T+24. So far, not too bad. Sore arm, took some Tylenol when I woke up overnight and feel fine. Still, working from home and taking it easy.

I’ve got a pretty good knot at the injection point, but not as sore as it was at about T+6.

2nd shot in the arm this am. Countdown to being able to hug has begun.

I’m 12 hours in from Pfizer #2. No issues. I drank A LOT of water all day yesterday and took two Tylenol before I went to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    I’m about to hit T+24. So far, not too bad. Sore arm, took some Tylenol when I woke up overnight and feel fine. Still, working from home and taking it easy.

I’ve got a pretty good knot at the injection point, but not as sore as it was at about T+6.
    T+12 thru T+36 were awful for me. But I was back to 100% by T+48.

1.5 weeks until max protection has kicked in, but I already feel more free. I’m even preparing to take my first business trip in over a year. Why don’t some people understand this simple path to opening the economy fully and safely?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

1.5 weeks until max protection has kicked in, but I already feel more free. I’m even preparing to take my first business trip in over a year. Why don’t some people understand this simple path to opening the economy fully and safely?
    Because they would rather rage against the unfairness of the limitations than take simple actions to reduce the problem.

PPB rules prevent me from pointing out the culprits.

Glad you’re feeling better!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    PPB rules prevent me from pointing out the culprits.

Glad you’re feeling better!
    Didn't know pointing out some people are idiots could be controversial.

A little over 24 hours from 2nd shot. Arm was less sore than last time - just a teensy bit last evening and this morning - not that the first one was too bad as it was only sore for about 12 hours.

Watch for random hugging in 2 weeks.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    1st shot done, got Pfizer. Second shot on May 12th.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostondevil View Post
    Nice!

Congrats! My second (Pfizer) shot is tomorrow afternoon.

According to news articles on my Google news feed, Pfizer is the "status vac". Anybody know why that'd be the case? Obviously, it's just in fun and doesn't have any real impact, but I've seen that consistently from journalists and just curious the origins of that thought.

Since we are reporting side effects, arm is sore today and I had a headache yesterday evening, nothing too bad but I did take 2 Advil. (It could have been allergy related and not vaccine related, I frequently have headaches this time of year.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    According to news articles on my Google news feed, Pfizer is the "status vac". Anybody know why that'd be the case? Obviously, it's just in fun and doesn't have any real impact, but I've seen that consistently from journalists and just curious the origins of that thought.
    ??? Maybe because it isn't an adenovirus-vectored vaccine and hasn't been associated with intracerebral clots, and, of the two available mRNA vaccines, is the one from an older, more established, more well-recognized company? Also the first to get the EUA? Maybe something about the silent P?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

1) It’s very effective.
    2) First out the door.
    3) Already a household name.
    4) Better marketing. The CEO has been all over the news with interviews wherever he can. Of course it’s his job but you don’t really see anyone from Modera out there let alone J&J. Honestly Pfizer has been good at marketing for decades now.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Congrats! My second (Pfizer) shot is tomorrow afternoon.
    Because CDu, Bostondevil and I all got it and everyone wants to be like the cool kids?

I don't know, but I like the idea of a mRNA being used for vaccines and all sorts of other things when they figure it out. I want to support that. I also like the efficacy numbers for the mRNA vaccines much better than the J&J, even though I know it's not that different.

Regardless, I got my second Pfizer shot two days ago and feel fine. Was tired and achy yesterday, but I think that has more to do with building and filling in a raised bed in my garden as well as many many hours of other yard work.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Because CDu, Bostondevil and I all got it and everyone wants to be like the cool kids?
    I never thought of myself as a cool kid. I have, however, been called a "cool mom" by many of my sons' friends. I'm always flattered, but I always respond to being a called a cool mom with, "Thank you, but I'm not the kind of cool mom who will let you get drunk in my basement, so forget that right now." Apparently, this response is also considered cool. Who knew?

I got Moderna #2 on Saturday, along with my spouse and son-in-law. For the first dose, we took the 45 minute trip out to Pittsboro for a drive-though clinic took a couple of hours of sitting in the car in long lines of cars (I've never been so glad to see such long lines in my life!). This time, we could barely get the shortened paperwork done before we needed to move up in line. We were in and out in 20 minutes, including post-shot wait time!

We all had the predictable immune reactions. About 12 hours post-shot (so, 1:30am), we started feeling joint and muscle aches, a touch of nausea, and insomnia. Son-in-law (mid 30's) added chills and fever. We woke up fatigued and felt under the weather all day, feeling like watching Netflix was the extent of what we wanted to muster. It wasn't bad enough to take Tylenol. Went to bed exhausted, but got a good night's sleep and woke up feeling normal this morning, except for a tiny bit of soreness at the injection site when we move our arms.

Because none of us have had a cold or flu for the last 15 months, this feeling of illness highlighted how nice it was to not have the cold/flu for so long! But we also enjoyed knowing that our immune systems were hard at work, so we rested to let our bodies do their things. For the first time, we were happy to feel awful for a little while.

[Note: while our daughter and son-in-law live in their own home, we've been treating our two households as one so Grandma can watch the grandkids, ages 3 and 8 months, while Grandpa, Mom, and Dad all work from home. We even combine our grocery orders for curbside pickup to minimize contact, continuing the habit once we found out it's not spread by fomite transmission. That's why we were able to safely get our vaccine with our son-in-law in the same car for so long.]

Quote Originally Posted by devil84 View Post
    For the first time, we were happy to feel awful for a little while.]
    Weird, isn't it? But very true!