Page 1 of 54 1231151 ... LastLast

Getting the Covid Vaccine

Just wondering if any of you have had symptoms after first dose. I received mine Saturday and was fine for forty-eight hours. Yesterday I developed a low-grade fever 99.6 and fatigue. My resting heart rate went from 60 Saturday to 69 today.
    Last edited by TeacherTom; 01-26-2021 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Typo

I didn't have any issues and it has been 48 hours.

My wife had sore lymph nodes for four or five days.

No fear... just means your immune system is doing its job

Thanks! I had a miserable night last night but temperature is normal today and feel great.

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherTom View Post
    Thanks! I had a miserable night last night but temperature is normal today and feel great.
    Congratulations on your vaccination. I eagerly await my side effects. It sure beats the alternative.

Thank you, I feel extremely fortunate to have received it.

Anecdotal evidence has shown the second shot to be a real kick in the pants.

Not that I would know...even college kids get the vaccine before I do.

Thank you, I feel extremely fortunate to have received it.
    You deserve it. I think every teacher in America should be in the highest priority group. It’s ridiculous Lord Ash didn’t get vaccinated when his wife did.

I just want to get back in the classroom. I’ve been teaching seventh graders for fifty years and miss the live interaction with them so much.

Age Related ? Long Term

My wife and I had no symptoms. We are over 65.

A 65 or so year old friend who is a doc was one of the first persons I know to get vaccinated. He had no symptoms. His daughter, also a doc, got the vaccine and had symptoms which she attributed to her younger and stronger immune system.

On an related note, is anyone wary of the long term effect of a very novel vaccine created in an entirely new way and one without long term study? I am too old to worry about l long term. Of course we also do not know the long term impact of surviving Covid either.

SoCal

I just want to get back in the classroom. I’ve been teaching seventh graders for fifty years and miss the live interaction with them so much.
    Bless you. Seriously. I didn't like being around 7th graders for 1 year as an actual 7th grader!

Partly Orlando, FL partly heard Sandpoint, ID
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Bless you. Seriously. I didn't like being around 7th graders for 1 year as an actual 7th grader!
    Reminds me of a teacher I worked with my second year of teaching, a colleague (who retired the next year) was teaching grandkids of kids he had taught in 7th grade. That can make you feel old real fast.

My wife, a healthcare worker, has had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine. She had no side effects from the first dose. The second dose, the injection site was sore for a few days and she had some body aches. For example the next day her hips were aching (I did offer to help with that but she may have detected ulterior motives). Symptomes were pretty much gone the day after (which would be 48 hours after second injection).

Man I hate needles but I'm looking forward to getting this vaccine. It has provided some peace of mind for my wife (who is still careful).

I haven’t had a grandkid that I know of but hundreds of kids’ parents who were in my class. Also, six former students teach at my school or are in administrative positions also my entire neighborhood almost. I teach urban kids which are a challenge, to say the least.
    Last edited by TeacherTom; 01-26-2021 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Big Thumb

I haven’t had a grandkid that I know of but hundreds of kids’ parents who were in my class. Also, six former students teach at my school or are in administrative positions also my entire neighborhood almost. I teach urban kids which are a challenge, to say the least.
    Like I said, bless you! Seriously!

Get my second tomorrow - I have read that 2 is worse than 1.
    ~rthomas

Get the Tylenol or Advil ready to rock!

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post

On an related note, is anyone wary of the long term effect of a very novel vaccine created in an entirely new way and one without long term study? I am too old to worry about l long term. Of course we also do not know the long term impact of surviving Covid either.

SoCal
    No, not worried at all. This technology has been under study for well over a decade. The mRNA disappears from your body in a short period of time because it is degraded naturally by RNases in your body.

It also helps that I know the principal architect of this vaccine personally, working in his lab under his tutelage for two years.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    No, not worried at all. This technology has been under study for well over a decade. The mRNA disappears from your body in a short period of time because it is degraded naturally by RNases in your body.

It also helps that I know the principal architect of this vaccine personally, working in his lab under his tutelage for two years.
    That does help, I'd think.

Both of my big toes really ache quite a bit, but keep in mind I haven't had a shot yet. I'll report back in mid March...