Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
    My wife is going to get her second Pfizer shot today at 12:45. She did remarkably well with the first one; I am hoping that she will similarly come through this one ok. She has a history of really bad reactions both to infectious agents and to vaccinations, so fingers are crossed.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

All the PKs now have both shots. Glad to see this day.

So my nephew is having a birthday party in a month. Big outdoor event with about 40 adults and many little kids. EVERY SINGLE ADULT WILL BE FULLY VACCINATED at this party. That is a great accomplishment!

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Congratulations!! Eager to see the latest pfizer eua for kids pushed through so our household can claim the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post
    So my nephew is having a birthday party in a month. Big outdoor event with about 40 adults and many little kids. EVERY SINGLE ADULT WILL BE FULLY VACCINATED at this party. That is a great accomplishment!
    If I were going to that party, I would be wearing a mask. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by aimo View Post
    Party Pooper!
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Party Pooper!
    Yep, overly cautious me! Just thinking about all those little petri dishes running around.

I’m pretty young with no medical history and it will be exclusively outdoors so I’m ok with ditching the mask. Just excited to attend something normal again!

Is a mask the new party hat?

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Piñata for some.

1st Moderna gave me a painful arm, nothing more. 2nd Moderna was yesterday at 2:30. Didn't sleep well last night, achy all over, but part of it was getting up every 60-90 minutes because I was told to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! General malaise today, but I just woke up from my 2nd 2-hour nap 30 minutes ago and suddenly feel very good, easily 90%. Only took one Excedrin earlier this afternoon when the headache was getting too much.

Now I'm just waiting for Cinco de Mayo in 13 days.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    My wife is going to get her second Pfizer shot today at 12:45. She did remarkably well with the first one; I am hoping that she will similarly come through this one ok. She has a history of really bad reactions both to infectious agents and to vaccinations, so fingers are crossed.
    Hoping the best for all of you. 48 hours after my second Pfizer shot I’m feeling great. Thinking about going out and getting some bbq this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Piñata for some.

1st Moderna gave me a painful arm, nothing more. 2nd Moderna was yesterday at 2:30. Didn't sleep well last night, achy all over, but part of it was getting up every 60-90 minutes because I was told to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! General malaise today, but I just woke up from my 2nd 2-hour nap 30 minutes ago and suddenly feel very good, easily 90%. Only took one Excedrin earlier this afternoon when the headache was getting too much.

Now I'm just waiting for Cinco de Mayo in 13 days.
    Good for you!

In a way . . .

Sorry but no. Nothing about a surgical mask says party.

Many people like to use it as a chin strap, including most of the coaches in the NCAA tournament

https://www.startribune.com/covid-19...ota/600041727/

Minnesota is working on a program using converted transit authority buses to take the vaccine into neighborhoods, trying to reach the under-served. They will be working to educate/encourage people to get the vaccine. Part of the process will be dealing with language barriers and distrust of the vaccine. (Keeping them, especially Niece Elizabeth, in my prayers as they get this set up and rolling.)
    Report from Niece Elizabeth - their last clinic day this week was today. It was a good week - many were grateful that they brought the shots to them. Keep up the good work, MN Dept of Health!

Update... forgot that my eldest son also got his second shot the same day as my wife did.
    She did much better then I worried she would. Late in the evening she said she felt nauseated. That lasted for a bit but didn't keep her from sleeping and was gone this morning. My son said he felt completely fine to the point that he wondered if they accidentally gave him a shot of saline!

Second son has not yet had his second shot, but it is coming soon and then we will all be vaccinated. Woo-hoo!

No, the new diaper.

So, my wife did really well. A little bit of nausea, some tiredness, and a sore arm, but fine in two days. My eldest son, on the other hand, did great for the first 16 hours or so but then he got fever and achiness. Temp reached 102 just before bec on Friday night, but when we awoke in the morning the fever was gone and he has been fine since.

My youngest son was hit fairly hard with the first shot, so I think he might end up having a rough go with the second. I hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    So, my wife did really well. A little bit of nausea, some tiredness, and a sore arm, but fine in two days. My eldest son, on the other hand, did great for the first 16 hours or so but then he got fever and achiness. Temp reached 102 just before bec on Friday night, but when we awoke in the morning the fever was gone and he has been fine since.

My youngest son was hit fairly hard with the first shot, so I think he might end up having a rough go with the second. I hope I am wrong.
    How old is he?

My daughter, 18 and son, 16 will get their first Pfizer on Wednesday.
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."