Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1061
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    oh yes, King Street is still a bit rustic.
    Additionally, there was a GREAT bar called the Three Needs that opened at 4:30pm daily, would show the Simpsons for 90 minutes (I believe on a Canadian feed) and choose a keg to be "Duff beer." Duff would be a dollar a pull until the keg emptied. During school, that would be about 20-30 minutes. Off session, it could last an hour to an hour and a half.

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Additionally, there was a GREAT bar called the Three Needs that opened at 4:30pm daily, would show the Simpsons for 90 minutes (I believe on a Canadian feed) and choose a keg to be "Duff beer." Duff would be a dollar a pull until the keg emptied. During school, that would be about 20-30 minutes. Off session, it could last an hour to an hour and a half.

Good times.
    I was a big fan of the Three Needs, for sure, nice place.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I was a big fan of the Three Needs, for sure, nice place.
    She has been replaced by something more upscale?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    She has been replaced by something more upscale?
    seemingly still in business, though it was been moved up to Pearl St, they still mention Duff on their web site...but of course bars are in a weird place right now.

The Three Needs was started by yet another student of the legendary Greg Noonan of the Vermont Pub and Brewery...(John Kimmich of the famous Alchemist/Heady Topper fame is another): https://learn.uvm.edu/blog/blog-busi...eer-in-vermont

Very good beer DNA there...

Got my first dose today. Waiting 30 minutes since I have a prior allergy. Apparently they didn’t do that in SC where my parents were vaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Got my first dose today. Waiting 30 minutes since I have a prior allergy. Apparently they didn’t do that in SC where my parents were vaccinated.
    It’s supposed to be 15 minutes in SC but it’s not like they tackle you if you leave early.

Here at the hospital we didn't allow anybody with prior allergies to get the shot in our "vaccine clinic." Glad to hear that you were able to get vaccinated.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    It’s supposed to be 15 minutes in SC but it’s not like they tackle you if you leave early.
    They gave me a card and I had to sign in and watch the clock. I guess I could have left at any time. I’m 6’4” and the monitor was a nun. Lord might have frowned but he already threw a pandemic at us, ya dig?

They gave me a card and I had to sign in and watch the clock. I guess I could have left at any time. I’m 6’4” and the monitor was a nun. Lord might have frowned but he already threw a pandemic at us, ya dig?
    “You can’t lie to the penguin.”

That whole scene from The Blues Brothers is both hilarious, and frighteningly real, to my upbringing. Especially how she glides because, y’know, she doesn’t have feet and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    I was told 15 minutes, unless you were higher risk (cardio issues, diabetes, obesity, prior allergic response, etc) then you were to wait 30 minutes.

I take my second shot on the 21st.

FWIW - my 12 and 15 year-olds just got dose one up here in NY. I wonder how strong the demand will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    FWIW - my 12 and 15 year-olds just got dose one up here in NY. I wonder how strong the demand will be?
    I hope high so that kids can go back to school! (I know they are already back in many places.) I hope it gets approved for younger kids soon too, but seems like that's a ways away given those studies are lagging and have different dosage requirements. It's nice that the supply chain/logistics are already in place and that the vaccines are IDENTICAL for 12-15 year olds as adults. Makes deployment pretty easy/seamless.

Good demand here for 12-15 year olds, signups started this morning...the only lagging group here are the 19-29 bracket folks.

Guy I know has 20 employees, one has Covid now, most don't want the vaccine. Then he told them I'll pay you each $100 if you get the vax, now they all want it. This approach seems to be gaining steam, e.g. lottery chance for getting vaxed in Ohio (?), pretty much reveals there is not a genuine deep distrust, just the usual jabbering fools on social media, and some money and a box of donuts can negate that.

Appointments opened for 12-15 in my area of Pennsylvania yesterday. The first appointments at our local hospital's vaccination site were for Friday, so that's when my daughter is going. Better not tell her that some people are offering up cash to get vaccinated. All she demanded was a milkshake afterwards.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    2nd shot yesterday. Mild headache and a bit tired, but actually feel better than I did after the first shot. (Pfizer) My arm isn't even as sore.

Had to laugh during our hospital's weekly COVID conference call. The beginning of the call touched on the gas issue. Our epidemiologist then came on and said he believed that the gas issue was totally caused by us and not an actual shortage, just like the TP crisis a year ago. He then made a point to say, "We are running out of vaccine, so you better get it now before it's all gone!!!" I wonder if that would work nationwide?!?

more and more evidence that Covidiots can be bought...if that's what it takes, fine.

I got my COVID shots at an Ingles pharmacy in SC. All paperwork was done before the injection. Both times after the shot I was advised to wait 15 minutes so I wandered around the store*, went outside, walked up and down waving my arms to disperse the vaccine. I came back inside after 15 minutes to check out, but there was no one to report to. The pharmacist was in the back preparing shots for the next group.

*I did pick up some Klondike bars since they didn't offer lollipops.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    I got my COVID shots at an Ingles pharmacy in SC...I did pick up some Klondike bars since they didn't offer lollipops.
    So there's the answer to that question.