Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    If we can get this version of Mark Williams for prolonged periods down the stretch, we can throw a completely different look at teams off the bench. That gives us a lot of intriguing options. A lot of what if’s there, but I like what I’m seeing.
    unfortunately the lack of size and physicality inside with GT is not common among tournament teams. I have high hopes for williams, but I'm not sure I think his performance tonight is a revelation. I'm happy he's having a great game. I just don't think it means all that much. We need guard play, and we're not getting it outside of some spots here and there this season.
    1200. DDMF.

Steward is crushing it

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    unfortunately the lack of size and physicality inside with GT is not common among tournament teams. I have high hopes for williams, but I'm not sure I think his performance tonight is a revelation. I'm happy he's having a great game. I just don't think it means all that much. We need guard play, and we're not getting it.
    Steward is a guard
    GTHC

Really silly way for Wendell Moore to pick up his 3rd foul.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Really silly way for Wendell Moore to pick up his 3rd foul.
    He did, however, find a way to stop Alvarado.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Really solid finish to the first half. Some unexpected sources of life, and an emergence for one of our young freshmen.

Mark Williams was a real factor in the first half, causing a bit of disruption defensively but more importantly getting several easy buckets with his length inside. His minutes have been critical given the foul trouble.

Goldwire has played his best game of the season so far. Really poised and effective. Also critical thus far.

Steward was terrific, playing his high school game really well. Nice to see the 3 falling for him, but what really got me excited was his confidence off the dribble. That is the key to his game.

Foul trouble again a problem, as Johnson got two quick ones. Thankfully, we didn't get TOO much foul trouble, but 3 guys have 2 fouls. Hopefully we can survive the first 5+ minutes without any of them getting their 3rd. Roach should manage to do so as he'll be on the bench to start the half. But Moore and Johnson need to be careful.

Having an 8 point lead despite no made FG for Hurt, Johnson, Roach, and Moore? Yeah, I'll take it.
    Ga Tech is awake now- Duke needs to stay focused

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthman View Post
    Steward is a guard
    As is Goldwire, who is also playing really well.

Of the things to complain about in this game, our guard play is absolutely not one of them. A combined 22 points, 8 assists, 7 rebounds, 2 steals, and 0 turnovers so far from that duo.

We always seem slow to recognize an opposing player who is hot.
    GUARD ALVARADO! He is about to torch us for 28-30.
    I know... easier said than done!

really inexcusable turnover by JJ

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Ga Tech is awake now- Duke needs to stay focused
    Johnson not focused there

We need to stay tough here

Pastner trying to alter the trajectory of the game by putting Alvarado on Steward. He is jawing at him endlessly, and it is working so far.

Team needs to understand the game situation - they just gave away a 12 pt lead

They got several sloppy bounces... that three was an abomination.
    But we have to stay focused.

Amazed how quickly all our leads have disappeared this year.

Seems like teams just ratchet up the pressure a bit and we cave.

it's only one season... it's only one season...

Tech has grabbed this game. Alvarado is the spark plug, we need to match them and grab the lead back. I feel like we need Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    Amazed how quickly all our leads have disappeared this year.

Seems like teams just ratchet up the pressure a bit and we cave.
    Alvarado is willing his team. Steward is trying but not as experienced.

An important 9:26 for this team's season. They need to bounce back from the counterpunch Tech just delivered. Time to get Johnson back in the game, and it's time for our bigs to start playing basketball. Can't expect the guards to carry us all game like they have to this point.

Tech scored more points in 1st 10 minutes of 2nd half than entire 1st half

unreal

I've never watched a Duke team so ill-equipped to actually know how to win a winnable game. Up 12 and then, the wheels come off due to sloppy play, poor shots, pathetic defense. This actually isn't Duke basketball. They wear Duke jersey's but this is not a Duke team. They learn new ways to lose each week.