Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Hurt playing well. Their big guards seem to be containing the Duke small guards on the defensive end.

Great steal and layup for Goldwire. 30-27 good guys.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Goldwire and Joey have been aggressive on D.

As I’ve said before, if a team is having trouble hitting threes, there’s a sure cure. Just play Duke.

Yikes! Before I had time to blink Louisville goes on a 7-0 run. Now 34-30. This game will determine for me whether Duke will or will not be better than a .500 team.

Good half. Their guards have stifled the Duke guards. Hurt has been magnificent.

It’s like Roach isn’t even out there. The last full possession he missed the wide open 3. That is a shot he simply HAS to make.

And the team has 4 assists at the half.
    Last edited by tommy; 01-23-2021 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Yikes! Before I had time to blink Louisville goes on a 7-0 run. Now 34-30. This game will determine for me whether Duke will or will not be better than a .500 team.
    Hurt making difficult shots and playing well. The rest of the team, not so much.

We can’t shoot. Can’t create our own shots. Turn the ball over recklessly and struggle to finish at the rim. It’s tough remembering a Duke team that looks this anemic on offense. I’m at a loss. They look like they are moving in quicksand.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Yeah bad end to go with a mediocre start to the half. Played decent the rest of the half.

36-33 Louisville at the half.

Hurt is first team all ACC and ACC Player of the Year material. 15 points that half.

Duke got out rebounded 18-13 that half and still shot just 4 free throws to Louisville’s 7. Duke had just 4 assists to Louisville’s 9.

8 turnovers for each club.

Duke needs to clean up the turnovers and try to get to the line a bit more next half and they can win this game. Overall they have played better today than in recent games in my opinion. The effort is there.

Yeah bad end to go with a mediocre start to the half. Played decent the rest of the half.

Hurt is first team all ACC and ACC Player of the Year material. 15 points that half.

Duke got out rebounded 18-13 that half and still shot just 4 free throws to Louisville’s 7. Duke had just 4 assists to Louisville’s 9.

Duke needs to clean up the turnovers and try to get to the line a bit more next half and they can win this game. Overall they have played better today than in recent games in my opinion. The effort is there.
    We are a poor passing team, so offense has to be one-on-one drives. Therefore, assists may be an all time low for a K team. Don’t see a fix for this issue.

Concur. This is better effort. K going with Coleman to try to get some toughness inside. Hurt has been superb. Johnson has scored but having a bad floor game so far. Louisville throttling the Duke guards on D. I like Joey's effort and hope he can get a couple to fall. He is being aggressive on O.

We really need Johnson’s playmaking, hopefully he can get it going in the second half.

They are finding the holes in our zone, especially in the corners, and getting good looks. They cooled off late in the half, hopefully that trend will continue.

This is the first game I have watched this year where the camera is perched at such a severe angle, it’s tough to gauge whether shots look good or not.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    It’s like Roach isn’t even out there. The last full possession he missed the wide open 3. That is a shot he simply HAS to make.

And the team has 3 assists at the half. Three.
    Roach HAS to play better for Duke to win games.

The one position Duke isn't recruiting for next year is point guard, expecting Roach to grow up and fill that need.

He better.

Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    Roach HAS to play better for Duke to win games.

The one position Duke isn't recruiting for next year is point guard, expecting Roach to grow up and fill that need.

He better.
    I think he will. I think it just may be next year.

If we could ever get a good game from Hurt, Moore AND Johnson...

Duke just doesn’t shoot many free throws this year. 10-4 in favor of Louisville.

46-42 Louisville at the under 16.

Duke outrebounded 19-14 so far.

Hurt with 20 points so far.

Rare that a foul call against the other team actually hurts you, but that call on the inside took away a pure looking three by Steward that I really wish were up on the scoreboard right about now.

Jalen Johnson has so much talent. But he has to be more consistent and play smarter. It also seems to be too easy for other teams to scheme and take him out of the game.

Louisville has their biggest lead of the day at 50-44.

Plenty of time left but I don’t like the way this one is trending.