Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Krzyzewski was 17-13 in his first season at Duke.
    And played in the NIT.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I have a bold prediction to make. I think Duke wins this game and it is the start of a turnaround for the team. Not saying they will go undefeated from here on out, but I think they will look like a much more formidable foe going forward than they have so far this season.
    I could absolutely see this happening. Win today, and 7 of the next 10 are at home. There is a real opportunity to turn the season around today.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilStop View Post
    I could absolutely see this happening. Win today, and 7 of the next 10 are at home. There is a real opportunity to turn the season around today.
    In this crazy time of no fans, I'm not sure how much home/road matters. For example, right now, against the top 100, Duke is 1-2 at home and 1-2 on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    In this crazy time of no fans, I'm not sure how much home/road matters. For example, right now, against the top 100, Duke is 1-2 at home and 1-2 on the road.
    Maybe Duke is not particularly good this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Kedsy is point out that their record is the same on the road and at home, not that their record is bad against top 100 teams.

I agree with him, this year there is prob less value in playing home games vs years past. It probably still helps the home team a little in the fact they don’t have to travel.

If I were K, I'd consider banging the scorer's table before tip-off and see if he could get 15-20 points added to Loovil's score as a motivator for our guys to come out with an extreme sense of urgency.

(kidding; mostly )
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I would have to believe some of the home court advantage is the routine and not having to travel. Not just the opposing fans.

-Can Jalen Johnson and Wendell Moore put together back-to-back good games?
    -Will Johnson's play on offense help create better looks for everyone else?
    -Can we avoid falling into a 10+ point hole?
    -Can we start better?
    -Can we avoid turnovers and get to the line?
    -Can we have a decent shooting game?
    -What will our defensive approach be? Will we see that zone to start the game?
    -Who will start? If I had to guess, I'd say Hurt, Moore, Johnson, Steward, Goldwire.

There are so many areas where we are currently weak. It seems unlikely that we are going to have a break-out game, especially shooting-wise, in a huge cavern like the YUM Center. It seems like they are allowing about 3,000 fans so at least there will be some energy in the building to play off of.

Despite our struggles, I still feel like we are close. Granted, I also kept thinking that the 2007 team was close to playing much better at the end of the year and it never happened. Regardless, while I don't enjoy watching us lose, I do like watching these guys evolve and it feels like we are due for a start-to-finish solid effort where most of the team plays well. Hopefully it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post

-Can we avoid falling into a 10+ point hole?
    Playing even or with a lead early instead of falling behind double digits is most important.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    My stomach hurts.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Mt prediction - we will get our clocks cleaned.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I would have to believe some of the home court advantage is the routine and not having to travel. Not just the opposing fans.
    Clemson still has about 2000 fans allowed, not sure some others like GT?The difference is huge. 0 fans vs 2000 - 2000 fans,esp students, can be uncle mo

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Clemson still has about 2000 fans allowed, not sure some others like GT?The difference is huge. 0 fans vs 2000 - 2000 fans,esp students, can be uncle mo
    Is the NCAA committee going to evaluate wins/losses based on away games (with fans) and semi-away (no fans) differently? 😄 For the record, I agree with you. But of course it'd be too complicated to do that. Anybody have early data on how home court advantage this year across the NCAA compares to other years?

Oh, and Go Duke! Big game. Need the W.

Interesting: Coleman is the first big off the bench.

Good to see Joey hit a 3. 12-10 Louisville. Not a great start for Duke but better.

Great drive attacking the rim by Steward for the and 1. Awesome to see. 14-13 Louisville.

Back to back 3s from Moore and Hurt. 19-16 good guys!

Joey 1-3 from deep but looking for his shot.

Seems like passing into a crowd is better than driving into a crowd...getting some fouls.