Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DST Fan View Post
    Inside Lacrosse posted a lengthy article today detailing Wilson Stephenson's recovery from his injury in the 2019 quarterfinals.

In addition to providing a nice profile of Wilson, I found this part of the article interesting:

“He is, along with Giles-Harris, our greatest communicator. What Wilson allows us to do is he allows Giles-Harris to cover the dodger, where when Wilson wasn’t in there Giles-Harris had to be...the communication part of our defense is more important than the on-ball defense,” Caputo explained. “Giles-Harris had sacrificed a little bit of his greatest attribute, which is his athleticism and his ability to disrupt the ball carrier for the betterment of the team. And now Wilson has gotten back, it allows Giles-Harris to cover the Matt Moores, Chris Grays, and Aidan Olmsteads of the world.”

I have seen some commentary on a lacrosse message board the past month about JT having a down year and his stats falling off. The explanation makes sense.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...ney-back/57956
    Yes, I thought that was interesting as well. It makes you realize how interdependent all of the parts of a team are.

Duke women up 2-0 on Northwestern early. A good start--draw controls may prove an advantage as our draw control game is highly ranked.

Now 3-1

5-1 now
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Duke’s midfield dodgers are winning their matchups and slides aren’t coming.

6-1 anyone. Hell yes!
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Now 6-3 alas.

Just turned on the Virginia-Georgetown game… what the heck is going on up in Hempstead? 13-2 in favor of the Hoos in the 3Q. Complete reversal from last weekend where Virginia scraped by and Georgetown looked great.

7-3

Go Devils !

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Just turned on the Virginia-Georgetown game… what the heck is going on up in Hempstead? 13-2 in favor of the Hoos in the 3Q. Complete reversal from last weekend where Virginia scraped by and Georgetown looked great.
    Looks like we'll see more than one ACC team in the Final Four...no way Carolina can lose to Rutgers, right?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Looks like we'll see more than one ACC team in the Final Four...no way Carolina can lose to Rutgers, right?
    Nope. No way. They’re a lock.

The line from “Blazing Saddles’ seems apropos: “Don’t shoot ‘em, you’ll only make ‘em mad.”

NU closes the half on an 11-2 run. It’s 12-8 going to halftime.

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    Georgetown’s face off guy was injured on the first draw of the game. LaSalla then proceeded to dominate face offs and Georgetown hurt itself badly with a large number of turnovers. The game fell apart quickly for the Hoyas and I turned it off at halftime. I expected a much better showing from Georgetown, but the Hoyas simply were not competitive today.

9-14 cats

Heels oin as dog fight 1-1 after one. Go Rutgers!
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Duke Women LAX got eliminated by undefeated, 2-seed Northwestern 22-10 after leading 6-1. NWU dominated faceoffs and possession for all but the 1st quarter. This was the Elite 8 and congrats to our Duke Women for a great LAX season!

22-10 is your final. If that was NU’s first real test of the season, I’d say they passed.

3-3 is not the halftime score I expected between Cheats and Knights. Cheats better bring a shrubbery for the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    3-3 is not the halftime score I expected between Cheats and Knights. Cheats better bring a shrubbery for the second half.
    Or, perhaps, a herring!

6-5 Scarlet Knights in the Third Q !!