Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    There may be an ACC Tournament after all.

Merlin facing ND in the second round is unlikely to make either team happy, unless Vermont somehow realigns things.

Denver is always a tough out...

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    I’m frankly shocked that Rutgers and Loyola got in over Army and Villanova.

Rutgers didn’t beat anybody good, and lost to the worst Hop team in living memory in the B1G semis. The only conclusion one can draw is that the unwritten rule is that B1G always gets two bids. Villanova’s win over Lehigh should have been enough to tip the scales in its favor.

Army has arguably the best non-conference win of all. Discounted due to recency bias? Loyola was aggressively mediocre until last week, and there is no assurance they will show up. Inexplicable.

Duke was treated fairly. Georgetown was not. Denver as the seven seed is hard to fathom.

Except for the disturbance near the end, the play was fine, said Mrs. Lincoln.

Giving Rutgers a bid also seems inconsistent with the committee’s view of Maryland. I believe I heard the committee chair say last night that the committee discounted Maryland’s record because of the absence of out of conference games. Hopkins may have been playing like a top-20 team at the end of the season, but the Rutgers wins over Hopkins were earlier in the season. So, Rutgers’ resume seems very unimpressive.

The committee also did not do Maryland any favors by slotting it in South Bend for the quarter finals with a potential game against ND. That seems a little unfair for the number 3 seed.

After checking GoDuke and the NCAA and UNC sites, I am not finding any information regarding tickets for the High Point game. Has anyone seen an announcement about ticket sales?

Quote Originally Posted by DST Fan View Post
    After checking GoDuke and the NCAA and UNC sites, I am not finding any information regarding tickets for the High Point game. Has anyone seen an announcement about ticket sales?
    I got the e-mail from Duke about an hour ago and it says for tickets, go to goduke.com/tickets but like you, I didn't see anything there. I also did some hunting and saw nothing, though I did find tickets on sale for the quarters.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I got the e-mail from Duke about an hour ago and it says for tickets, go to goduke.com/tickets but like you, I didn't see anything there. I also did some hunting and saw nothing, though I did find tickets on sale for the quarters.
    Thanks. I will check GoDuke periodically.

Quote Originally Posted by DST Fan View Post
    Giving Rutgers a bid also seems inconsistent with the committee’s view of Maryland. I believe I heard the committee chair say last night that the committee discounted Maryland’s record because of the absence of out of conference games. Hopkins may have been playing like a top-20 team at the end of the season, but the Rutgers wins over Hopkins were earlier in the season. So, Rutgers’ resume seems very unimpressive.

The committee also did not do Maryland any favors by slotting it in South Bend for the quarter finals with a potential game against ND. That seems a little unfair for the number 3 seed.
    Yes, agreed. They were already punished by not getting credit for an undefeated record because they played only Big 10 teams. I understand COVID-related considerations affected site selections this year--but setting up a situation where a lower-seeded team gets a home game against a higher-ranked opponent seems wrong.

The ND-Merlin matchup is bad for both teams, which is why I really like it.

Apparently the strange way the Scanlan thing unfolded is due to amendments to regulations under Title IX promulgated by TFG’s Administration.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...tatement/57889

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Yup hope they both lose.

Tickets for Sunday’s game are now available at GoDuke at the “tickets” tab. The price is $10.

All-ACC team announced. O'Neill top newcomer.

https://goduke.com/news/2021/5/12/me...acc-picks.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    All-ACC team announced. O'Neill top newcomer.

https://goduke.com/news/2021/5/12/me...acc-picks.aspx
    Sowers, O’Neill, Montgomery, Giles-Harris, and Adler named all-ACC.

Duke women’s first-round game vs. Mt. St. Mary’s will be on ESPN3 at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Friday.

Duke women on fire early. 7-0 midway through the first half. LeRose a wall.

Duke Women off to a great start, 7-0 vs Mount St. Mary's in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

10-1 at halftime.

17-3 with 5 minutes left. Katie DeSimone with 4 goals and 3 assists.