Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Things are getting interesting in Bethlehem. Army has erased a four-goal deficit with eight minutes to go.

Lehigh strikes last and holds on for the 13-12 win.

saw that the Tewaaraton folks have added another bunch of names to their watch list, but no Brennan O'Neill, which is surprising since his stats are better than many on the list I have to assume...(not that this matters much, mind you).

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    saw that the Tewaaraton folks have added another bunch of names to their watch list, but no Brennan O'Neill, which is surprising since his stats are better than many on the list I have to assume...(not that this matters much, mind you).
    The Duke player added was Callie Humphrey, who is putting up ridiculous numbers as the anchor of the Blue Devil women’s defense (23 CT, 19 GB).

IL has posted its mid-season media All-America teams, and seven Duke players are included:

Sowers, Nakeie, J.T., and Adler on the first team.

Naso and Carpenter on the third team.

Joe Robertson on honorable mention.

Interesting that Adler has been able to overcome the preseason hype in favor of Cuse’s Drake Porter. If he can hold on, he’ll be Duke’s first All-American GK since Aaron Fenton in 2005.

Well deserved, each and every one. Keep it going, fellas.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...577c4-56288745

Have a night, Sophia LeRose: thirteen second-half saves, including four straight FP attempts down the stretch with her team short-handed. Duke women hold on to beat Louisville, 12-10.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Have a night, Sophia LeRose: thirteen second-half saves, including four straight FP attempts down the stretch with her team short-handed. Duke women hold on to beat Louisville, 12-10.
    We watched the last 15 minutes or so. Score was tied at 10 when we tuned in. Saw the last two goals and Sophia was AMAZING! Great win!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    IL has posted its mid-season media All-America teams, and seven Duke players are included:

Sowers, Nakeie, J.T., and Adler on the first team.

Naso and Carpenter on the third team.

Joe Robertson on honorable mention.

Interesting that Adler has been able to overcome the preseason hype in favor of Cuse’s Drake Porter. If he can hold on, he’ll be Duke’s first All-American GK since Aaron Fenton in 2005.

Well deserved, each and every one. Keep it going, fellas.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...577c4-56288745
    I'm not sure it matters, but Joe Robertson being honorable mention seems pretty nonsensical. Are they watching the games?

Game Day! #1 Duke at #5 Notre Dame at noon on ESPNU. ND is coming off a 18-11 win at Syracuse. Their FOGO is ranked second in the country and their goalie Liam Entenmann is giving up only 7.35 goals per game. Unclear whether he is related to the makers of my favorite brand of doughnuts.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Game Day! #1 Duke at #5 Notre Dame at noon on ESPNU. ND is coming off a 18-11 win at Syracuse. Their FOGO is ranked second in the country and their goalie Liam Entenmann is giving up only 7.35 goals per game. Unclear whether he is related to the makers of my favorite brand of doughnuts.
    I tried to get to the bottom of the Entenman situation, but couldn't...I do think he's from Long Island, though...I hope he eats 12 chocolate frosted donuts before the game today...

I tried to get to the bottom of the Entenman situation, but couldn't...I do think he's from Long Island, though...I hope he eats 12 chocolate frosted donuts before the game today...
    I would like to eat 12 chocolate frosted donuts before the game today or any day for that matter.

Odds are there is some relationship - the company was founded and run in the NY area, though the family sold it many years ago. And he is from Long Island - played at Chaminade. My favorite type of Entenmann's is Devil's Food so hopefully that is what he will be, and we will find lots of holes in his game.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    I would like to eat 12 chocolate frosted donuts before the game today or any day for that matter.
    Once upon a time, but no longer. Alas.

-jk

Sloppy with the ball, so far.

Duke offense warming up. Good inside passes.
    Bob Green

Notre Dame is all kinds of fired up and we look asleep at the wheel. 11-6 in favor of the Irish. We gave up a goal with 0.6 seconds left in the 3Q and then gave up another 6 seconds into the 4Q. Need to wake up fast if we want to pull out a win here.

Notre Dame is putting a whooping on us 11-6 early in 4th quarter.
    Bob Green

Should have been 11-7.

We got exposed today. Could not or would not match ND's physicality. Turnovers more than offset our face off margin. Again and again Duke was unable to get inside their defender. Sowers came up small in a game where we needed him to come up big. I know how much he has been hyped, but in the last two games he has virtually disappeared. (I know he got cheated out of a goal today, but even that was too little too late.) Dano somehow needs to get them to focus and be tougher. Maybe the unbeaten streak was a distraction. Next play.

^ I agree that we could see this coming. But I also think that Dano was amenable for it to happen. ND played their usual sloughing D. We have good but not elite dodgers.. They got away w several pushes near the crease but that’s life in South Bend. Our second slides on Kavanaugh came a bit too late, but the story was the turnovers off the face off and on offense. I thought Duke cleared reasonably well, but were just not ready to go once we got it on the offensive end. ND slides were unfortunately excellent all game.