Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    DVR opportunity.

Bumping this. Unfortunately timed men's lax game tonight at 7 pm vs. #18 High Point. It is on ESPNU. I guess I will flip over at halftime of the basketball game and if the lax game is still going after the basketball game is over.

High Point is 1-3, with two losses to UNC, one loss to UVA and a 21-15 win over Robert Morris. The UNC losses were 17-15 and 27-12 while the UVA loss last Wednesday was 12-11. Duke beat them last year but lost to High Point in 2019.

High Point is ranked 19th, they're not to be taken lightly as Crazie indicates..The Quinster seems to like their style of play, so I'm assuming they like to get out and run a lot...

So I know everyone is watching basketball, but there is an amazing beat down going on at Koskinen. Duke up 16-3 over #19 High Point at halftime.

Now 21-5 early in the fourth quarter.

Now 23-7 in the fourth quarter.

I enjoyed the Brennan O'Neill show during halftime of the basketball game and watched the 4th quarter. Final was 27-8 with a BON hat trick during the basketball half. While there is always ample room to criticize UNC, HPU lacrosse games aren't the time and place this year. Go UVA.

Team has gotten a lot better over the past month. Looking forward to ACC play.

Double-header on ACCN Thursday: Duke women vs. High Point at 5:00 p.m. Eastern, followed by the game of the season so far, Hoos vs. Cheats.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...rimetime/57448

gotta love Coach citing Mark Knopfler...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    https://www.insidelacrosse.com/artic...rimetime/57448

gotta love Coach citing Mark Knopfler...
    Haven't read the article so I'm gonna guess - "Get your money for nothing and your chicks for free"?
    Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Haven't read the article so I'm gonna guess - "Get your money for nothing and your chicks for free"?
    Ha, I don't think that was exactly it, more like even guys at the top of their profession put in tons of work to get better. (Having seen Mr. Knopfler in concert, I have to say he's definitely one to admire).

Hopefully the frat-rush-related COVID outbreak that has ended the basketball season won’t extend to either lacrosse program.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    Hopefully the frat-rush-related COVID outbreak that has ended the basketball season won’t extend to either lacrosse program.
    I hope no COVID outbreak from whatever source extends to ANY Duke program, athletic or otherwise.

If it does happen, we would cancel the Jacksonville game at worst. We have a bye before Syracuse--that game is 13 days away.

Watching the UNC UVA game, and it is very clear that ACC games will be special this year. Hard to imagine the national champ coming from another conference, and the odds of it being a school other than Carolina or Duke seem pretty low.

Duke Lacrosse needs to bring us the title. Basketball suddenly shut down. Will focus on spring sports. Duke Lacrosse is the best of these teams.

Six Duke players—JT Giles-Harris, Maddie Jenner, Nakeie Montgomery, Joe Robertson, Gabby Rosenzweig, and Michael Sowers—have been named to the initial Tewaaraton watch lists.

Six Duke players—JT Giles-Harris, Maddie Jenner, Nakeie Montgomery, Joe Robertson, Gabby Rosenzweig, and Michael Sowers—have been named to the initial Tewaaraton watch lists.
    They might want to be thinking about O'Neill as well, as young as he is...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    They might want to be thinking about O'Neill as well, as young as he is...
    Somehow I imagine that he will work his way onto the list by the end of the year. He is special by himself but having Sowers and Robertson (and ad 4 or 5 other names here) to play with really takes a lot of pressure off him and let's him just play. Defenses can only truly focus on one or two guys which means they have to pick their poison. O'Neill is going to continue to put up big numbers.