View Poll Results: Who was the Man of the Match vs. NMSU?

Voters
149. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paulus

90 60.40%
  • Nelson

1 0.67%
  • Henderson

6 4.03%
  • Singler

0 0%
  • Thomas

0 0%
  • Scheyer

50 33.56%
  • King

0 0%
  • Smith

0 0%
  • Zoubek

1 0.67%
  • Pocius

1 0.67%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    As long as the guy plays a ton, I don't care whether he starts or comes off the bench. Either way, he'll be on the court to finish games, and that's what counts.
    I disagree-- I do not expect Scheyer to be finishing games any time soon...

...because I see us winning by large margins and not needing our best 5 on the floor at the end of the game.

--Jason "" Evans

Several players had great games: Scheyer, Paulus, & Nelson stand out as guys who deserve the MOTM vote. I voted for Scheyer as I believe he was a bit better than everyone else.

I really like Jon coming off the bench. He provides an "energy boost" to the court and is very good in the 6th man role.
    Bob Green

Definitely Zoubek

Defensively, I think Zoubek looked great against NMSU. His ability to keep their bigs from gaining any momentum or rythm during the first half, forced NMSU into running, as opposed to establishing a half-cout game where their size advantage could hurt us. I don't look for him to score much, but he's a great defender.

Player of the game: Jon Scheyer

I said I thought starting Henderson and bringing Scheyer off the bench was a very good idea, and I haven't seen anything to contradict that. Scheyer can still play starters' minutes (and he definitely should), basically being a 6th starter coming off the bench. I though Jon played exceptionally well, but he still needs to shoot more! He passed up some open looks I'd like to see him take.

Paulus also played very, very well. That's right, I said it. It's still early, but it looks like Greg is playing at a much higher level than last year. He's still not the quickest guy ever, but it's becoming extremely evident how much that broken foot limited him last year. I said I needed to see it to believe it, and last night I saw it. Hopefully he plays like this when the competition stiffens up.

I also thought Demarcus played very well. He looks better than last year, especially from long range. I thought he might be a little slowed by the wrist injury in the early-going of the season, but he looks to be in mid-season form. I expect another fantastic year from Nelson, and underneath all the headliner freshmen and sophomores, I think Markie is the guy that holds this thing together.

All in all, I thought we looked very good. We went into a little lull in the 2nd half, but it's only the 2nd game of the season and we're a very young team, so that's expected. And I like the way we were able to slow down NMSU's post players; we'll need that to continue...