Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    This is a solid list. Nina King would be particularly fabulous!
    As we discussed on the podcast, one of the major jobs for the next AD will likely be to fill the shoes of K and Cut (I doubt either of them will coach beyond the next decade and the next AD is probably here for longer than that). It has been widely reported that King was lead dog on the search that led to Kara Lawson being hired. I know it is early, but I think Lawson was an absolute home run of a hire. If King can duplicate that in men's hoops and football then she should be a very strong contender for this job.

-Jason "replacing K may be the single most important job of a Duke AD in the past 30 years" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    Maybe Adam Silver can take the job, and then we'll need strip searches and have to give a DNA sample to get into games!
    Ha, yes indeed, we have the very very best security for a venue nobody wants to get into (Wallace Wade).

As for King, I just wonder if having never run a department herself will disqualify here (I have no opinion on that).

But I don't necessarily think the Chronicle knows anything we don't know...Price may well mandate a national search via a search firm, several specialize in this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    As we discussed on the podcast, one of the major jobs for the next AD will likely be to fill the shoes of K and Cut (I doubt either of them will coach beyond the next decade and the next AD is probably here for longer than that). It has been widely reported that King was lead dog on the search that led to Kara Lawson being hired. I know it is early, but I think Lawson was an absolute home run of a hire. If King can duplicate that in men's hoops and football then she should be a very strong contender for this job.

-Jason "replacing K may be the single most important job of a Duke AD in the past 30 years" Evans
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ha, yes indeed, we have the very very best security for a venue nobody wants to get into (Wallace Wade).

As for King, I just wonder if having never run a department herself will disqualify here (I have no opinion on that).

But I don't necessarily think the Chronicle knows anything we don't know...Price may well mandate a national search via a search firm, several specialize in this stuff.
    All I can say is that Duke athletics appears to be facing a "financial Armageddon." "Leadership" and "fund-raising" become very important. That may circle back, through the large-donor base, to who can pick the best coaches -- but I'm not so sure. And I don't know how we can tell on hiring coaches.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

And of course we at Duke are not alone in the massive college athletics financial crunch...certainly what will NOT help our fundraising is the substandard product we're putting on the football field. I think a lot of the initial multi year commitments to seats and suites in the Tower are about to, or already have, expired, and I just can't see how it's going to be easy to entice folks to pay big money to see really bad football.

Danny White is off the market. Heading to Tennessee...

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...vwm-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by beach rev View Post

Hmmm... seems like a good catch for the Vols:

White transformed the UCF athletics program, shattering fundraising records and hiring a string of coaches who won conference championships.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by beach rev View Post

Maybe he can help facilitate a Tennessee - Duke football series.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."