Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham

    Who will be last to fall? Tracking the undefeateds, 2020-2021

    This thread is a bit odd this year....as several teams will be undefeated simply from...not playing any games. So we'll not consider teams that have not played. Congratulations to the Ivy league. You beat the system. Anyway:

    Baylor (11-0) coming into a ridiculous 4 game stretch, against 3 KP top 15 teams, and #33 OK state
    Gonzaga (12-0) unless something shocking happens, they'll run the table. They already have a >50% chance per KP, and their three most difficult games are 87%, 89% and 87% wins. The rest are >95.
    Michigan (10-0) Stiff test coming tuesday vs wisconsin
    Drake (13-0) They don't have any great games left, but also aren't that great. Odds are they'll drop something.
    Winthrop (10-0) They have a very good chance to go undefeated (20%) with no team in the top 200 left on their schedule
    Siena (3-0). I thought maybe they had cancelled their season with only 3 games, but they played yesterday, so clearly that is not the case. It seams the the MAAC is playing double headers in most cases on friday and saturday against the same team in the same location, so likely they'll drop one of those against one of the better teams, I'd imagine
    The Citadel (8-0) They play #79 furman on wednesday, and again later in the season (along with several other decent team) and have almost no chance to last the season. They're predicted to lose all of their remaining games.
    Alabama A&M (2-0) They haven't played since 12/19...but in theory have a game on saturday. If they are actually playing, they have little chance of winning out (Their best player is also, coincidentally enough, Jalen Johnson...making at least 3 Jalen Johnsons in D-1 (including Duke and Wake's)
    basketball is back, baby!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Go Furman!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    This thread is a bit odd this year...as several teams will be undefeated simply from...not playing any games. So we'll not consider teams that have not played. Congratulations to the Ivy league. You beat the system. Anyway:

    Baylor (11-0) coming into a ridiculous 4 game stretch, against 3 KP top 15 teams, and #33 OK state
    Gonzaga (12-0) unless something shocking happens, they'll run the table. They already have a >50% chance per KP, and their three most difficult games are 87%, 89% and 87% wins. The rest are >95.
    Michigan (10-0) Stiff test coming tuesday vs wisconsin
    Drake (13-0) They don't have any great games left, but also aren't that great. Odds are they'll drop something.
    Winthrop (10-0) They have a very good chance to go undefeated (20%) with no team in the top 200 left on their schedule
    Siena (3-0). I thought maybe they had cancelled their season with only 3 games, but they played yesterday, so clearly that is not the case. It seams the the MAAC is playing double headers in most cases on friday and saturday against the same team in the same location, so likely they'll drop one of those against one of the better teams, I'd imagine
    The Citadel (8-0) They play #79 furman on wednesday, and again later in the season (along with several other decent team) and have almost no chance to last the season. They're predicted to lose all of their remaining games.
    Alabama A&M (2-0) They haven't played since 12/19...but in theory have a game on saturday. If they are actually playing, they have little chance of winning out (Their best player is also, coincidentally enough, Jalen Johnson...making at least 3 Jalen Johnsons in D-1 (including Duke and Wake's)
    welp, the citadel blew it against furman. so we're down to 7.
    basketball is back, baby!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    welp, the citadel blew it against furman. so we're down to 7.
    Go Furman !!!!!!!! Lost to Bama by 3 at end and Cincinnati by 5.. undefeated in SoCon

    Furman also took out undefeated Chattanooga a week or two ago

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Go Furman !!!!!!!! Lost to Bama by 3 at end and Cincinnati by 5.. undefeated in SoCon

    Furman also took out undefeated Chattanooga a week or two ago
    giant killers.
    basketball is back, baby!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Michigan lost at Minnesota 75-57 on Saturday, so now there are six teams with records of 3-0 or better:

    Gonzaga (14-0, KenPom #1) next plays Pacific on Saturday 1/23.
    Baylor (12-0, KP #2) faces Kansas on Monday 1/18.
    Drake (13-0, KP #57) is in a COVID pause but should play a pair at Missouri State on 1/26 and 1/27.
    Winthrop (13-0, KP #107) plays two at Presbyterian Tuesday and Wednesday 1/19 and 1/20.
    Siena (6-0, KP #137) gets two visits from St. Peter's Friday and Saturday 1/22 and 1/23.
    Alabama A&M (3-0, KP #336) goes Southern on Saturday 1/23.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Michigan lost at Minnesota 75-57 on Saturday, so now there are six teams with records of 3-0 or better:

    Gonzaga (14-0, KenPom #1) next plays Pacific on Saturday 1/23.
    Baylor (12-0, KP #2) faces Kansas on Monday 1/18.
    Drake (13-0, KP #57) is in a COVID pause but should play a pair at Missouri State on 1/26 and 1/27.
    Winthrop (13-0, KP #107) plays two at Presbyterian Tuesday and Wednesday 1/19 and 1/20.
    Siena (6-0, KP #137) gets two visits from St. Peter's Friday and Saturday 1/22 and 1/23.
    Alabama A&M (3-0, KP #336) goes Southern on Saturday 1/23.
    Boy. This post reminds me how strange this season is.

  8. #8
    scottdude8's Avatar
    scottdude8 is offline Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Michigan lost at Minnesota 75-57 on Saturday, so now there are six teams with records of 3-0 or better:

    Gonzaga (14-0, KenPom #1) next plays Pacific on Saturday 1/23.
    Baylor (12-0, KP #2) faces Kansas on Monday 1/18.
    Drake (13-0, KP #57) is in a COVID pause but should play a pair at Missouri State on 1/26 and 1/27.
    Winthrop (13-0, KP #107) plays two at Presbyterian Tuesday and Wednesday 1/19 and 1/20.
    Siena (6-0, KP #137) gets two visits from St. Peter's Friday and Saturday 1/22 and 1/23.
    Alabama A&M (3-0, KP #336) goes Southern on Saturday 1/23.
    As a Michigan fan I wasn't overly alarmed by the loss. One, Minnesota is legit. Two, Michigan was missing Eli Brooks, a senior starter and key cog to the offensive ball movement (which looked stagnant). Three, this team probably needed a bit of a punch to the gut sooner rather than later to have them overcome some adversity (they were never going to go undefeated in this Big Ten!) and bring them back down to earth after all the hype that was going their way. I still think the Wolverines have Final Four potential and are definitely in the second tier of teams this year (below the clear top tier of Gonzaga/Baylor).
    Scott Rich on the front page

    Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

    Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Similar Threads

  1. The Walton Belt (2020-2021 edition)
    By uh_no in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-16-2021, 04:31 PM
  2. Tracking 2020 Draft Projections
    By scottdude8 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 365
    Last Post: 11-18-2020, 08:15 PM
  3. 2020-2021 Roster
    By Jaks19 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-12-2020, 09:04 AM
  4. 2020 Mock Draft tracking
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-05-2019, 10:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •