Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Pederson made the playoffs 3 years in a row (including winning a Super Bowl). Yeah, they did not play well in a bad division this year, but firing that guy seems pretty harsh. If he had "lost the team" so badly, how did they beat the very good Saints in week 14? In their last 7 games, they played 5 playoff teams and only lost one of those games by more than 6 points. Does that sound like a guy who "lost the team"?

That said, the idea that this was some secretive punishment by Roger Goddell is somewhat laughable. I mean, this is about the most incompetent commissioner in sports. I doubt that he pulled off something this nefarious.

-Jason "the reality may be that unless you are a truly great coach, NFL teams need a new guy in charge every 5 years or so... just because" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Pederson made the playoffs 3 years in a row (including winning a Super Bowl). Yeah, they did not play well in a bad division this year, but firing that guy seems pretty harsh. If he had "lost the team" so badly, how did they beat the very good Saints in week 14? In their last 7 games, they played 5 playoff teams and only lost one of those games by more than 6 points. Does that sound like a guy who "lost the team"?

That said, the idea that this was some secretive punishment by Roger Goddell is somewhat laughable. I mean, this is about the most incompetent commissioner in sports. I doubt that he pulled off something this nefarious.

-Jason "the reality may be that unless you are a truly great coach, NFL teams need a new guy in charge every 5 years or so... just because" Evans
    I agree with Jason. I don't think Goddell had anything to do with this firing. I'm a little surprised that Pederson was fired because there are worse coached teams in the NFL. It didn't help Pederson when Carson Wentz said he could no longer play for Pederson. The way Wentz played this season, I would have thought the GM, Howie Roseman who signed Wentz to a 4 year, $128 million contract that ends in 2024 would lose his job before Wentz.

Quote Originally Posted by TywinBlue View Post
    I see Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson got fired today.

Gotta think the move was influenced by the NFL Commissioner's office:
    The NFL has zero tolerance for any attempted tanking; Pederson's MNF fiasco went over the acceptable line.

Agree ?
    Doubt it, and just FYI it was definitely a Sunday night game, not a Monday night game.

Shouldn't that have been targeting on that fumble for a touchback? Pretty clearly lead with the helmet, and initiated contact helmet to helmet.

Edit: I posted that right before the announcers started talking about it after the commercial break.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Shouldn't that have been targeting on that fumble for a touchback? Pretty clearly lead with the helmet, and initiated contact helmet to helmet.
    Yes, but it’s the Chiefs (Patriots of the 2020s). And oh how I already hate them. They are already more talented offensively, by far, than any other team in the league. If they’re going to be allowed to get away with stuff like that on top of it they really will be unstoppable.
    Last edited by SouthernDukie; 01-17-2021 at 04:30 PM.

Edit: I posted that right before the announcers started talking about it after the commercial break.
    Absolute backbreaking turn of events.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Absolute backbreaking turn of events.
    For sure. Instead of potentially being down 16-10 at half, and getting the 2nd half kickoff, they are down by 16 and probably out of the game entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    For sure. Instead of potentially being down 16-10 at half, and getting the 2nd half kickoff, they are down by 16 and probably out of the game entirely.
    Well...

Great drive, exactly what they needed. Another empty possession would have been game, I think.

Great drive, exactly what they needed. Another empty possession would have been game, I think.
    Honestly, if they can come back and win (long shot I know) after that play at the end of the first half, it would be one of the more impressive things I have seen in sports.

Well...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Well...
    *IF* Cleveland can put a touchdown on the board in this next drive, I’ll give them an outside chance. If not, I think it’s over.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Yes, but it’s the Chiefs (Patriots of the 2020s). And oh how I already hate them. They are already more talented offensively, by far, than any other team in the league. If they’re going to be allowed to get away with stuff like that on top of it they really will be unstoppable.
    Why do you hate the Chiefs? You’re honestly the first person — other than fans of one of their division rivals — I’ve ever heard say that.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Why do you hate the Chiefs? You’re honestly the first person — other than fans of one of their division rivals — I’ve ever heard say that.
    Well, this is sport hate I’m talking about. I just feel like Mahomes is plastered everywhere, and that Hill & Co are way too cocky for being such a young team. I felt the same way about the Colts and Peyton Manning. Always rooted for the Patriots and Brady to beat them. I guess it’s the rebel in me, but I don’t like it when I feel advertising and leagues and fandom are pushing me to root for a particular player or team by throwing them in my face all the time. And that’s what it feels like with Kansas City right now.

Mahomes out for the remainder of the game with a concussion. The Browns have a legit chance now after cutting into the lead further.

How long was that drive?

How long was that drive?
    18 plays. Very interesting now.

Pretty unreal. They're probably going to need to be able to move the ball a little quicker on their next possession.

Can I ask a dumb question that I have always wondered about? Romo just talked about how that long drive likely left the Chiefs defense worn out. Why would the Browns offense be less worn out? Weren't their players on the field the whole time (especially the linemen)? Just wondering.

I am suffering from a bit of Chiefs overkill but as a Giants fan not at all invested in this game, I have nothing against them. I did develop Patriots fatigue over time, but we are nowhere near that. If the Chiefs end up playing the Packers in the Super Bowl we will have non-stop State Farm ads leading up to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Can I ask a dumb question that I have always wondered about? Romo just talked about how that long drive likely left the Chiefs defense worn out. Why would the Browns offense be less worn out? Weren't their players on the field the whole time (especially the linemen)? Just wondering.

I am suffering from a bit of Chiefs overkill but as a Giants fan not at all invested in this game, I have nothing against them. I did develop Patriots fatigue over time, but we are nowhere near that. If the Chiefs end up playing the Packers in the Super Bowl we will have non-stop State Farm ads leading up to the game.
    I think it has to do with the defense being more reactive.