Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Don’t need points; Tampa Bay is going to win outright.
    Deal

Don’t need points; Tampa Bay is going to win outright.
    I wish I had your confidence. But like basically every football commentator/analyst I've seen and heard over the past week, I don't see any way Tampa wins unless it's a Giants/Patriots I redux. That's how I'm viewing this matchup. One team seems utterly unstoppable on offense, with the hottest QB over the past 2 years, the fastest WR in the game - by a lot, the best TE in the game, a very solid defense, and an incredible mind in a head coach. The other team has gone through 3 road games to get to this point and is very good. I don't deny that Tampa has proven they were right up there in the NFC with Green Bay and New Orleans. But Kansas City is on a different level entirely from the rest of the league. The Bucs only win if they muster a shocker like the Giants did the first time they beat the Patriots. It would be that big an upset, imho.

Can't bet because I'm too emotionally involved at this point and while my head says KC by 10 or more, my heart will be pulling hard for the Bucs. And even if I won a pie bet it would taste bitter to win. No fun in that.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I wish I had your confidence. But like basically every football commentator/analyst I've seen and heard over the past week, I don't see any way Tampa wins unless it's a Giants/Patriots I redux. That's how I'm viewing this matchup. One team seems utterly unstoppable on offense, with the hottest QB over the past 2 years, the fastest WR in the game - by a lot, the best TE in the game, a very solid defense, and an incredible mind in a head coach. The other team has gone through 3 road games to get to this point and is very good. I don't deny that Tampa has proven they were right up there in the NFC with Green Bay and New Orleans. But Kansas City is on a different level entirely from the rest of the league. The Bucs only win if they muster a shocker like the Giants did the first time they beat the Patriots. It would be that big an upset, imho.

Can't bet because I'm too emotionally involved at this point and while my head says KC by 10 or more, my heart will be pulling hard for the Bucs. And even if I won a pie bet it would taste bitter to win. No fun in that.
    Too late, I already accepted his pie bet. 😀

KC also lost their starting left tackle, their qb is hobbled, and the coach’s son/lb coach just caused a tragic accident in which alcohol was involved.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Too late, I already accepted his pie bet. ��

KC also lost their starting left tackle, their qb is hobbled, and the coach’s son/lb coach just caused a tragic accident in which alcohol was involved.
    I don't think those things will matter, but we'll see. I'd say 34-24, KC, is a solid prediction. But for Mahomes unbelievable ability to run and throw super-accurate stuff off the run, I'd say the Bucs have a chance. I'm sure they'll get pressure on him, but he's way too elusive and accurate - even under pressure - to have it bother him that much. And if the Bucs have a weakness, it's their secondary. Almost the entire year I've seen receivers running wide, wide open on the Bucs. On multiple occasions there haven't been defenders within 5 to 10 yards of the receivers - and that's on obvious passing downs! Their cbs and safeties can hit like the dickens. But they can't cover receivers for jack most of the time.

Stop, the Giants were two TD underdogs, and Tampa is a 3-pt underdog. The reverse-jinxing is getting out of hand. Brady is loaded with weapons to get the job done and a much better offensive line. On the O-line, I think KC is down to one starter playing his intended position from Week 1. That's going against a TB defense that just sacked Rodgers 5 times and has been generating turnovers like crazy all season and is statistically much better than KC's defense (by DVOA, etc).

It's a pretty even matchup. KC should score a bunch (despite it all), TB should score a bunch. Will be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Stop, the Giants were two TD underdogs, and Tampa is a 3-pt underdog. The reverse-jinxing is getting out of hand. Brady is loaded with weapons to get the job done and a much better offensive line. On the O-line, I think KC is down to one starter playing his intended position from Week 1. That's going against a TB defense that just sacked Rodgers 5 times and has been generating turnovers like crazy all season and is statistically much better than KC's defense (by DVOA, etc).

It's a pretty even matchup. KC should score a bunch (despite it all), TB should score a bunch. Will be fun.
    Both teams will score a lot. KC will score a good bit more. They are just too good. I've thought this all season. Last season as well. Heck, I thought it two years ago when the Pats performed a miracle and beat them in the AFC Championship. I think they've easily been the best team in the league for 3 years now. And will be, barring something unforeseen, for years to come. I'm not over-hyping them, and I'm not under-hyping the Bucs. I just believe KC is hands down the best team in the NFL, by a long shot.

Can the Bucs beat them tomorrow? Sure. The Giants beat the Patriots in what I thought at the time was a sure thing. So I'm not denying it can happen. But there's a reason 95% of the analysts and commentators I've read or heard this week are picking the Chiefs without hesitation. Do you deny this?

Both teams will score a lot. KC will score a good bit more. They are just too good. I've thought this all season. Last season as well. Heck, I thought it two years ago when the Pats performed a miracle and beat them in the AFC Championship. I think they've easily been the best team in the league for 3 years now. And will be, barring something unforeseen, for years to come. I'm not over-hyping them, and I'm not under-hyping the Bucs. I just believe KC is hands down the best team in the NFL, by a long shot.

Can the Bucs beat them tomorrow? Sure. The Giants beat the Patriots in what I thought at the time was a sure thing. So I'm not denying it can happen. But there's a reason 95% of the analysts and commentators I've read or heard this week are picking the Chiefs without hesitation. Do you deny this?
    I don't watch TV commentators.

But I do deny that there is strong sentiment that KC will win easily. The reason is that on the market, both the point spread and the moneyline (i.e. who will win straight up) have moved towards TB.

Trouble, you provided a simple and cogent analysis. Thank you.

I don’t understand why so many people are not seeming to realize that Tampa Bay is going to have more good players on the field tomorrow — on both sides of the ball — than will Kansas City. The Chiefs are good, and I like them, but they’re going down.

I don’t understand why so many people are not seeming to realize that Tampa Bay is going to have more good players on the field tomorrow — on both sides of the ball — than will Kansas City. The Chiefs are good, and I like them, but they’re going down.
    We’re official right?

Thanks, buddy, for helping make my case! Are you sure you don’t want to back out? Last chance. 😉

I’m already looking at which pie I’m going to select!!

Thanks, buddy, for helping make my case! Are you sure you don’t want to back out? Last chance. 😉

I’m already looking at which pie I’m going to select!!
    Yea it will be fun

Yea it will be fun
    I’m thinking the Maine Wild Blueberry Pie from Two Fat Cats Bakery in Portland, Maine. What about you?

I have to admit I am a bit concerned that Tampa Bay’s quarterback might wilt a bit under the pressure of the massive spotlight he will be under.

Oh wait, I just remembered that the Buccaneers have the NFL’s greatest winner of all time at the helm, Mr. Tom Brady!! 😉
    Last edited by Steven43; 02-06-2021 at 03:45 PM.

I’m thinking the Maine Wild Blueberry Pie from Two Fat Cats Bakery in Portland, Maine. What about you?

I have to admit I am a bit concerned that Tampa Bay’s quarterback might wilt a bit under the pressure of the massive spotlight he will be under.

Oh wait, I just remembered that the Buccaneers have the NFL’s greatest winner of all time at the helm, Mr. Tom Brady!! 😉
    There used to be a forum standard for pies so that we were all working with the same set list. I won a tasty key lime off a poster who seems to have been banished.

Thanks, Steven. I would say good luck, but I'll be rooting against you, my friend, and would be thrilled if KC won by 3 or less :-)

Impressed you guys can be so adamant, I admire your confidence...I just think stuff happens, guys get hurt, the ball bounces in a weird way, way too much stuff to be set in my expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    There used to be a forum standard for pies so that we were all working with the same set list. I won a tasty key lime off a poster who seems to have been banished.
    Right. Don’t we have to use Grand Traverse pies?

I mean you don't HAVE to do anything...

Thanks, Steven. I would say good luck, but I'll be rooting against you, my friend, and would be thrilled if KC won by 3 or less :-)
    You have an apt screen name. You’re aiming for maximum torment on me, aren’t you.
    Last edited by SouthernDukie; 02-06-2021 at 06:01 PM.

I don't watch TV commentators.

But I do deny that there is strong sentiment that KC will win easily. The reason is that on the market, both the point spread and the moneyline (i.e. who will win straight up) have moved towards TB.
    Betting lines only tell us how people who want to win money are leaning in terms of points, point differential, etc. But almost every commentator and analyst has picked KC. Now, admittedly they have picked KC in a close game (I think somewhere between 5 to 8 points would be a fair representation). But, they are all picking KC with great consistency. It’s not a 50/50 split. Not 60/40. Not 70/30. Not even 80/20. It has been virtually unanimous support for a Chiefs’ victory. There’s a good reason for that. Just sayin’.

I would be perfectly happy with a pie from Grand Traverse Pie Company; their pies are delicious. I know from experience.

I’m zeroing in on their Raspberry, Pecan, Grand Traverse Cherry 🍒 Crumb, or Peninsula Apple 🍏 Crump. It’s going to be a tough call.

Let’s go Bucs!!