Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Wait, what??! I thought you were a HUGE Tom Brady fan. I guess I’ve completely misinterpreted your posts. 😉
    I will admit that I enjoyed watching him throw the ball to Randy Moss, and that's about it

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I will admit that I enjoyed watching him throw the ball to Randy Moss, and that's about it
    Yeah, those two together were scintillating. And that was Moss just a bit past his prime — WRs age a lot more quickly than do QBs — though Brady was in his.

I can only imagine what those two would have done together had they been teammates in their absolute prime years.

Yeah, those two together were scintillating. And that was Moss just a bit past his prime — WRs age a lot more quickly than do QBs — though Brady was in his.

I can only imagine what those two would have done together had they been teammates in their absolute prime years.
    Moss would have permanently owned pretty much any relevant WR record if he hadn't spent most of his career quitting on plays because he was on crappy teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Straight cash homey.

I don’t particularly care for Brady and actively dislike anything Raiders related, but I did enjoy that particular spectacle.

Put me in the camp of rooting for both of the teams that made it to the Big Game this year. Funny thing is that whether you like both teams or dislike both teams, we are rooting for the same thing: an exciting game.

Quote Originally Posted by Saratoga2 View Post
    When Dan Shaughnessy of the Boston Globe published an article that I found Uninformed, I send a reply which advised him of the universal gas law. Balls brought outside into the cold could easily have lost enough air pressure to put them below the minimum NFL limit. Furthermore, the one ball that was inflated much lower had been substituted in by an NFL employee who wanted an official ball for a souvenir. That the Commish was out to get the Patriots along with many of the owners who were jealous of the Patriots success, seemed the much more likely reason.

As far as cell phone records, would you have turned your phone over to a bunch of NYC lawyers? He probably rightly felt they would leak any of his personal information to the press. As I remember, Brady was under no legal stipulation to turn over his records. This was a witch hunt to smear one of the truly great NFL players.
    The facts are now hazy to me but I always thought the NFL overreacted to Deflategate because they underreacted to Spygate. Deflategate to me falls under the same category as pitchers doctoring the ball, batters using pine tar, Lester Hayes and his stickum back in the '80s. "If you are not cheating, you are not trying". It doesn't come anywhere close to PEDs or other aspects of cheating in sports.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    You might be missing Gisele...yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Brady the individual, but I don't think the PED assertion has any merit whatsoever...the guy is, in his own bizarre way, incredibly focused on his health.
    yes, he probably like LeBron, spends seven figures a year on his physical health. It's amazing to me the way guys like Brady, LeBron and Roger Federer have flattened the aging curve in sports. the NFL rules protecting QBs have helped Brady, Brees and others too...if you had the 70s / 80s roughing rules, I don't think any of those guys would have made it much past 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    There was holding going on all game on both sides that was not called. Your left tackle moved very early on several big plays - no call. Brady was hammered hard well after a pass with no call.

If King had not grabbed full hold of Johnson’s jersey, he would have caught that ball. But the holding slowed him down considerably. So you can just as easily argue that the egregious hold prevented the natural outcome of the game as well. Sorry about your team. But it’s not like the Bucs didn’t earn it.
    Yes, 100 percent. If you are going to complain about the ref enforcing the letter of the law rather than the spirit of the law, then you should look first at your own errors. In Green Bay's case, the last touchdown by Tampa in the first half was the blunder of the game to me. There is no way a receiver should have gotten behind the defense there.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    29 years as season ticket holder - including the 80s - I'm going to enjoy every minute of winning.

I have given them back their capital C and the I.
    YES. The chefs are dead and buried, even if they don't win the Super Bowl in two weeks. Five straight AFC West titles, 3 straight appearances in the AFC title game, 2 straight AFC titles. I started watching in 1987 when my parents moved to KC. "Crash" Gansz was the coach. Then came Martyball, Vermeil and finally Andy Reid. They've had some good quarterbacks (Montana in his sunset years, Trent Green, Elvis can I buy a vowel Grbac, Matt "Tom Brady's knee injury made me rich" Cassel and Alex Smith. But nothing like Patrick Mahomes Jr. If he can stay healthy he can be a Hall of Famer. So fun to watch.

Go CHIEFS Go

Quote Originally Posted by chris13 View Post
    YES. The chefs are dead and buried, even if they don't win the Super Bowl in two weeks. Five straight AFC West titles, 3 straight appearances in the AFC title game, 2 straight AFC titles. I started watching in 1987 when my parents moved to KC. "Crash" Gansz was the coach. Then came Martyball, Vermeil and finally Andy Reid. They've had some good quarterbacks (Montana in his sunset years, Trent Green, Elvis can I buy a vowel Grbac, Matt "Tom Brady's knee injury made me rich" Cassel and Alex Smith. But nothing like Patrick Mahomes Jr. If he can stay healthy he can be a Hall of Famer. So fun to watch.

Go CHIEFS Go
    Lamar Hunt should never had let the players talk him into moving Gansz from Special Teams Coach to Head Coach. You can inspire players to do great on a single play but harder to do for an entire game. (He was a great special teams coach but inspiration with his Xs and Os resulted in many great plays. Just couldn't do it for an entire game.)

You missed the Marv Levy - master of clock mismanagment - years. His end of game timeouts when the game was lost and the temperature hovered around 0 were the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by chris13 View Post

Go CHIEFS Go
    Yep, it all looks good for the Chiefs right now. And yet, if they lose the Super Bowl they’re in danger of being akin to the Seattle Seahawks from 2012-2016. Not that that would be bad, but the Seahawks did not become the dynasty they should have.

I think the Seahawks should have gotten to and won at least three Super Bowls. Yet they only won one. Kansas City needs to win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Lamar Hunt should never had let the players talk him into moving Gansz from Special Teams Coach to Head Coach. You can inspire players to do great on a single play but harder to do for an entire game. (He was a great special teams coach but inspiration with his Xs and Os resulted in many great plays. Just couldn't do it for an entire game.)

You missed the Marv Levy - master of clock mismanagment - years. His end of game timeouts when the game was lost and the temperature hovered around 0 were the worst.
    Back in the day, I rooted for the Chiefs as well as my Redskins(sorry wife jv001 who is of Cherokee descent says it's ok). HOF coach, Hank Stram was their coach back then and Len Dawson was their QB. Hank was a leader in integration in those days and he was loved by his players.

Kansas City needs to win this game.
    Since the Chiefs just won last year, you'll have to excuse me if I don't agree. Actually, the Bucs need to win this game! They have the aging QB and several key players who will be free agents next year!

https://bucswire.usatoday.com/galler...ob-gronkowski/

I have to disagree with you a bit. I have heard Tampa Bay’s defense getting strong praise on every sports podcast I have been listening to and in every NFL football-related article I have read recently. The credit is not solely going to Tom Brady.

One can’t simply look at interceptions in a box score and make a judgement. Not that you necessarily are doing that, I’m just saying. Anyway from what I recall, two of those interceptions were not really his fault. Beyond that he played incredibly well in the first half and set a winning tone for his team.

He was the leader. He was the most important player on the field in both tangible and intangible ways. Without Tom Brady they would have lost the game. In fact, without him they would not have made the playoffs at all, just like they hadn’t since 2007. With him they are only one game away from winning the Super Bowl.
    That's fair...but his fault or not, throwing 3 ints in a row in a game against Aaron Rodgers isn't great. The TB defense really stepped up to win that game. And I thought they were really good all 3 weeks in the playoffs. I might not want TB12 to win but that doesn't mean I don't respect what he's bringing to the table WRT leadership, good play and intangibles. I still think those 3 ints should have been the end of it...

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    I agree. This is the first Super Bowl since 2003 — Tampa Bay v Oakland — that I would be fine with either team winning. But with that game I didn’t really like either team, though I didn’t actively dislike either of them.

This Super Bowl is unique for me in that I actively have been rooting for both teams the entire season. There has never been a Super Bowl where I have felt that way. At this point I’m slightly pulling for Tampa Bay, but would be perfectly happy if the Chiefs were to win.

In fact, I was strongly rooting for the Chiefs to beat New England on January 20, 2019 in the playoffs. And they were my second choice to win the Super Bowl that season (after the Dallas Cowboys, who ended up losing to the Los Angeles Rams in a fairly close game). Unfortunately, the Patriots beat the Chiefs in overtime that day.

Then last season I was rooting for the Chiefs to go all the way once Dallas had been eliminated. I was ecstatic when they came back to beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl.

This year I have been rooting for both KC and Tampa to get to the Super Bowl once it became clear that the Cowboys, with their slew of injuries to many of their best players, weren’t going to make it. And now it’s happened. I’m really looking forward to this game; it’s a win-win for me.
    You just root for the Dallas (or former Dallas) teams, don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    Back in the day, I rooted for the Chiefs as well as my Redskins(sorry wife jv001 who is of Cherokee descent says it's ok). HOF coach, Hank Stram was their coach back then and Len Dawson was their QB. Hank was a leader in integration in those days and he was loved by his players.
    Hank Stram was the first coach to be miked on the sideline - during Super Bowl IV. Heard an interview (replayed) of Len Dawson talking about it. The players didn't know Stram was miked and couldn't figure out why he was talking so much. Found out later it was due to being filmed. Source of his famous "matriculate the ball down the field" quote. https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...-of-hank-stram

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    You just root for the Dallas (or former Dallas) teams, don't you?
    Haha, yeah. You got me on that one. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    I still think those 3 ints should have been the end of it...
    Two of the INTs were thrown far downfield. They were pretty much like punts. They weren’t very damaging at all. INTs are not all equal by any means. Where and when they occur is a huge factor in how important they are.

Two of the INTs were thrown far downfield. They were pretty much like punts. They weren’t very damaging at all. INTs are not all equal by any means. Where and when they occur is a huge factor in how important they are.
    Agree, and were both thrown on 3rd and very long. Why not throw it up for grabs in that situation?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Since the Chiefs just won last year, you'll have to excuse me if I don't agree. Actually, the Bucs need to win this game! They have the aging QB and several key players who will be free agents next year!

https://bucswire.usatoday.com/galler...ob-gronkowski/
    I probably didn’t make myself as clear as I would have liked. I was trying to say that if the Chiefs want to be a dynasty — and why shouldn’t they want that? — they need to win this game. Teams who become dynasties generally win the Super Bowl when they get there.

I probably didn’t make myself as clear as I would have liked. I was trying to say that if the Chiefs want to be a dynasty — and why shouldn’t they want that? — they need to win this game. Teams who become dynasties generally win the Super Bowl when they get there.
    No, you were clear. I was just expressing the other side of the coin on why the Bucs need to win - their window to win a 2nd Super Bowl will close much faster than the Chiefs dynasty window (which will likely be open for another 10+ years).