Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    https://twitter.com/andyhermannfl/st...040982016?s=21

As a Packer fan...this call was criminally bad. After letting TB grab Packer receivers all game long (UVA fans would have been proud)...to call this flop in this moment...it wrecked the natural outcome of the game from occurring.
    There was holding going on all game on both sides that was not called. Your left tackle moved very early on several big plays - no call. Brady was hammered hard well after a pass with no call.

If King had not grabbed full hold of Johnson’s jersey, he would have caught that ball. But the holding slowed him down considerably. So you can just as easily argue that the egregious hold prevented the natural outcome of the game as well. Sorry about your team. But it’s not like the Bucs didn’t earn it.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Ovah. Costly time to have a ball in your arms, bounce off and right into the hands of the defender...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    There was holding going on all game on both sides that was not called. Your left tackle moved very early on several big plays - no call. Brady was hammered hard well after a pass with no call.

If King had not grabbed full hold of Johnson’s jersey, he would have caught that ball. But the holding slowed him down considerably. So you can just as easily argue that the egregious hold prevented the natural outcome of the game as well. Sorry about your team. But it’s not like the Bucs didn’t earn it.
    Yep. Missed calls both way throughout the game. The Packers were in no way robbed by the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Ugh. Can we create a separate Tom Brady thread for the constant Brady talk? Going to get plenty of that the next two weeks as it is.
    Can we create a separate Patrick Mahomes thread since all that’s all we’ll be hearing about for the next 15 years?

I think it’s a given that he at least ties Brady for the most Super Bowl wins. More than likely he will pass him up. Makes me sick to my stomach to think about that, but it is what it is.

Ugh. Can we create a separate Tom Brady thread for the constant Brady talk? Going to get plenty of that the next two weeks as it is.
    Wait. Aren’t you the same poster that didn’t like all the Mahomes hype?!? You’re going to have a tough few weeks in this thread if you don’t want any sport’s board bs-ing about the two QBs IN the Super Bowl.

I can see the narratives now! Old school versus new school; Gen X versus Millennials; the King versus the prince who can’t wait to take his thrown.

Oh my god, I’m so excited for the narratives. Aren’t you excited for the narratives?!?! 😂😂

As someone who grew up in Missouri going to Chiefs games and currently a resident of downtown KC, it is really weird that they could be a new dynasty in the NFL complete with haters. I have always just associated everything about the franchise with mediocrity and it seemed like it would be that way forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post

There was no way that ball was catchable. That’s just not accurate.

And the holding by the Bucs defenders on the interception before half was terrible, far more egregious and far more impactful.

The packers had their chances...but that bad PI call at the end...was just a terrible call. No way around it.
    Windy City Devil

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    There was no way that ball was catchable. That’s just not accurate.

And the holding by the Bucs defenders on the interception before half was terrible, far more egregious and far more impactful.

The packers had their chances...but that bad PI call at the end...was just a terrible call. No way around it.
    Lol. Of course it wasn’t catchable, hard to run when someone is stretching your Jersey and skiing behind you.

The Bucs interception should have been a penalty but it was much more discreet. Pulling someone by the shoulder is a lot harder for a ref to see than grabbing their Jersey and stretching it by a foot.

Quote Originally Posted by mo.st.dukie View Post
    As someone who grew up in Missouri going to Chiefs games and currently a resident of downtown KC, it is really weird that they could be a new dynasty in the NFL complete with haters. I have always just associated everything about the franchise with mediocrity and it seemed like it would be that way forever.
    29 years as season ticket holder - including the 80s - I'm going to enjoy every minute of winning.

I have given them back their capital C and the I.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    And yet people here want to argue that he’s not the GOAT. It’s just patently absurd.
    Been caught cheating 3 times and has a very suspect trainer with PED connections. He is as ineligible for GOAT consideration in my book as Bonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Been caught cheating 3 times and has a very suspect trainer with PED connections. He is as ineligible for GOAT consideration in my book as Bonds.
    How many Super Bowls did Bonds win?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Wait. Aren’t you the same poster that didn’t like all the Mahomes hype?!? You’re going to have a tough few weeks in this thread if you don’t want any sport’s board bs-ing about the two QBs IN the Super Bowl.
    I usually listen to sports radio on the way to and from work, and sometimes during the day. I'm probably going to end up taking a break from that.

I can see the narratives now! Old school versus new school; Gen X versus Millennials; the King versus the prince who can’t wait to take his thrown.
    Just to make us all feel older, I think Mahomes might be Gen Z.

Oh my god, I’m so excited for the narratives. Aren’t you excited for the narratives?!?! 😂😂
    I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    How many Super Bowls did Bonds win?
    I don’t care if he wins 10 Super Bowls. Still ineligible for GOAT consideration as a repeat cheater in my book.

Huh? I thought his incredibly longevity was due to mainlining avocado or quinoa or eating a ton of watermelon radishes with turmeric on them, or something like that. Is that not the case? Crystals, meditation, coffee enemas, air purifiers, omega-3s, salmon, kale smoothies, farro....shoot, what are the other buzz-worthy health trends I might be missing?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I don’t agree with kicking the field goal. I think they should have gone for the touchdown.
    What’s going on with NFL coaches, I just read an article about the metrics for going for it on fourth down. So Green Bay has Rodgers and they kick a field goal with the game near the end. Are these coaches mathematical imbeciles. Same issue with Buffalo. You’re playing an explosive team and you have two fourth down plays in the first half. You kick two field goals. Even if you only convert one for a touchdown you still end up with 7 points instead of 6. With a good play call you may score twice and end up with 14. Now if you’re playing a poor offensive team, take the 3, but against KC you have to gamble. But Buffalo’s coach takes the 1960’s strategy and loses big. Baseball is so far ahead of most NFL coaches it’s pitiful. Field goals only work if you have a great defense, or the other team’s offense sucks. KC is the most fun team to watch in the NFL. I will never diss Brady, but KC looks ready for its second Super Bowl in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMeDoIt View Post
    What’s going on with NFL coaches, I just read an article about the metrics for going for it on fourth down. So Green Bay has Rodgers and they kick a field goal with the game near the end. Are these coaches mathematical imbeciles. Same issue with Buffalo. You’re playing an explosive team and you have two fourth down plays in the first half. You kick two field goals. Even if you only convert one for a touchdown you still end up with 7 points instead of 6. With a good play call you may score twice and end up with 14. Now if you’re playing a poor offensive team, take the 3, but against KC you have to gamble. But Buffalo’s coach takes the 1960’s strategy and loses big. Baseball is so far ahead of most NFL coaches it’s pitiful. Field goals only work if you have a great defense, or the other team’s offense sucks. KC is the most fun team to watch in the NFL. I will never diss Brady, but KC looks ready for its second Super Bowl in a row.
    Coaching not to lose instead of coaching to win. In the Bill's case it probably didn't matter, but it very well might have for the Packers.

I usually listen to sports radio on the way to and from work, and sometimes during the day. I'm probably going to end up taking a break from that.

Just to make us all feel older, I think Mahomes might be Gen Z.

I am not.
    Be honest, at some point in your life, you have sternly told someone, “If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding”, haven’t you?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Be honest, at some point in your life, you have sternly told someone, “If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding”, haven’t you?
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

I don’t care if he wins 10 Super Bowls. Still ineligible for GOAT consideration as a repeat cheater in my book.
    Haters gonna hate. It’s like a rule or something in sports fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Can we create a separate Patrick Mahomes thread since all that’s all we’ll be hearing about for the next 15 years?

I think it’s a given that he at least ties Brady for the most Super Bowl wins. More than likely he will pass him up. Makes me sick to my stomach to think about that, but it is what it is.
    Not going to happen, particularly if Brady wins his seventh Super Bowl in two weeks, leaving Mahomes with just one for the time being.

But beyond what happens in the upcoming Super Bowl, Mahomes seems to be injury-prone and somewhat fragile. When was the last time you saw Tom Brady hurt, 13 years ago?

I really like Patrick Mahomes, but he will not be catching or surpassing Brady.