Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 574
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Correct side of the Durham/CH border
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    https://twitter.com/andyhermannfl/st...040982016?s=21

    As a Packer fan...this call was criminally bad. After letting TB grab Packer receivers all game long (UVA fans would have been proud)...to call this flop in this moment...it wrecked the natural outcome of the game from occurring.
    There was holding going on all game on both sides that was not called. Your left tackle moved very early on several big plays - no call. Brady was hammered hard well after a pass with no call.

    If King had not grabbed full hold of Johnson’s jersey, he would have caught that ball. But the holding slowed him down considerably. So you can just as easily argue that the egregious hold prevented the natural outcome of the game as well. Sorry about your team. But it’s not like the Bucs didn’t earn it.
    ďCoach said no 3s.Ē - Zion on The Block

  2. #242
    Ovah. Costly time to have a ball in your arms, bounce off and right into the hands of the defender...

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    There was holding going on all game on both sides that was not called. Your left tackle moved very early on several big plays - no call. Brady was hammered hard well after a pass with no call.

    If King had not grabbed full hold of Johnsonís jersey, he would have caught that ball. But the holding slowed him down considerably. So you can just as easily argue that the egregious hold prevented the natural outcome of the game as well. Sorry about your team. But itís not like the Bucs didnít earn it.
    Yep. Missed calls both way throughout the game. The Packers were in no way robbed by the refs.

  4. #244
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Ugh. Can we create a separate Tom Brady thread for the constant Brady talk? Going to get plenty of that the next two weeks as it is.
    Can we create a separate Patrick Mahomes thread since all thatís all weíll be hearing about for the next 15 years?

    I think itís a given that he at least ties Brady for the most Super Bowl wins. More than likely he will pass him up. Makes me sick to my stomach to think about that, but it is what it is.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Ugh. Can we create a separate Tom Brady thread for the constant Brady talk? Going to get plenty of that the next two weeks as it is.
    Wait. Arenít you the same poster that didnít like all the Mahomes hype?!? Youíre going to have a tough few weeks in this thread if you donít want any sportís board bs-ing about the two QBs IN the Super Bowl.

    I can see the narratives now! Old school versus new school; Gen X versus Millennials; the King versus the prince who canít wait to take his thrown.

    Oh my god, Iím so excited for the narratives. Arenít you excited for the narratives?!?! 😂😂

  6. #246
    As someone who grew up in Missouri going to Chiefs games and currently a resident of downtown KC, it is really weird that they could be a new dynasty in the NFL complete with haters. I have always just associated everything about the franchise with mediocrity and it seemed like it would be that way forever.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    There was holding going on all game on both sides that was not called. Your left tackle moved very early on several big plays - no call. Brady was hammered hard well after a pass with no call.

    If King had not grabbed full hold of Johnsonís jersey, he would have caught that ball. But the holding slowed him down considerably. So you can just as easily argue that the egregious hold prevented the natural outcome of the game as well. Sorry about your team. But itís not like the Bucs didnít earn it.
    There was no way that ball was catchable. Thatís just not accurate.

    And the holding by the Bucs defenders on the interception before half was terrible, far more egregious and far more impactful.

    The packers had their chances...but that bad PI call at the end...was just a terrible call. No way around it.
    Windy City Devil

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    There was no way that ball was catchable. Thatís just not accurate.

    And the holding by the Bucs defenders on the interception before half was terrible, far more egregious and far more impactful.

    The packers had their chances...but that bad PI call at the end...was just a terrible call. No way around it.
    Lol. Of course it wasnít catchable, hard to run when someone is stretching your Jersey and skiing behind you.

    The Bucs interception should have been a penalty but it was much more discreet. Pulling someone by the shoulder is a lot harder for a ref to see than grabbing their Jersey and stretching it by a foot.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by mo.st.dukie View Post
    As someone who grew up in Missouri going to Chiefs games and currently a resident of downtown KC, it is really weird that they could be a new dynasty in the NFL complete with haters. I have always just associated everything about the franchise with mediocrity and it seemed like it would be that way forever.
    29 years as season ticket holder - including the 80s - I'm going to enjoy every minute of winning.

    I have given them back their capital C and the I.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    And yet people here want to argue that heís not the GOAT. Itís just patently absurd.
    Been caught cheating 3 times and has a very suspect trainer with PED connections. He is as ineligible for GOAT consideration in my book as Bonds.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Been caught cheating 3 times and has a very suspect trainer with PED connections. He is as ineligible for GOAT consideration in my book as Bonds.
    How many Super Bowls did Bonds win?

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Wait. Arenít you the same poster that didnít like all the Mahomes hype?!? Youíre going to have a tough few weeks in this thread if you donít want any sportís board bs-ing about the two QBs IN the Super Bowl.
    I usually listen to sports radio on the way to and from work, and sometimes during the day. I'm probably going to end up taking a break from that.

    I can see the narratives now! Old school versus new school; Gen X versus Millennials; the King versus the prince who canít wait to take his thrown.
    Just to make us all feel older, I think Mahomes might be Gen Z.

    Oh my god, Iím so excited for the narratives. Arenít you excited for the narratives?!?! 😂😂
    I am not.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    How many Super Bowls did Bonds win?
    I donít care if he wins 10 Super Bowls. Still ineligible for GOAT consideration as a repeat cheater in my book.

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chesapeake, VA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Been caught cheating 3 times and has a very suspect trainer with PED connections. He is as ineligible for GOAT consideration in my book as Bonds.
    Huh? I thought his incredibly longevity was due to mainlining avocado or quinoa or eating a ton of watermelon radishes with turmeric on them, or something like that. Is that not the case? Crystals, meditation, coffee enemas, air purifiers, omega-3s, salmon, kale smoothies, farro....shoot, what are the other buzz-worthy health trends I might be missing?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I donít agree with kicking the field goal. I think they should have gone for the touchdown.
    Whatís going on with NFL coaches, I just read an article about the metrics for going for it on fourth down. So Green Bay has Rodgers and they kick a field goal with the game near the end. Are these coaches mathematical imbeciles. Same issue with Buffalo. Youíre playing an explosive team and you have two fourth down plays in the first half. You kick two field goals. Even if you only convert one for a touchdown you still end up with 7 points instead of 6. With a good play call you may score twice and end up with 14. Now if youíre playing a poor offensive team, take the 3, but against KC you have to gamble. But Buffaloís coach takes the 1960ís strategy and loses big. Baseball is so far ahead of most NFL coaches itís pitiful. Field goals only work if you have a great defense, or the other teamís offense sucks. KC is the most fun team to watch in the NFL. I will never diss Brady, but KC looks ready for its second Super Bowl in a row.

  16. #256
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDevilMadeMeDoIt View Post
    What’s going on with NFL coaches, I just read an article about the metrics for going for it on fourth down. So Green Bay has Rodgers and they kick a field goal with the game near the end. Are these coaches mathematical imbeciles. Same issue with Buffalo. You’re playing an explosive team and you have two fourth down plays in the first half. You kick two field goals. Even if you only convert one for a touchdown you still end up with 7 points instead of 6. With a good play call you may score twice and end up with 14. Now if you’re playing a poor offensive team, take the 3, but against KC you have to gamble. But Buffalo’s coach takes the 1960’s strategy and loses big. Baseball is so far ahead of most NFL coaches it’s pitiful. Field goals only work if you have a great defense, or the other team’s offense sucks. KC is the most fun team to watch in the NFL. I will never diss Brady, but KC looks ready for its second Super Bowl in a row.
    Coaching not to lose instead of coaching to win. In the Bill's case it probably didn't matter, but it very well might have for the Packers.

  17. #257
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I usually listen to sports radio on the way to and from work, and sometimes during the day. I'm probably going to end up taking a break from that.


    Just to make us all feel older, I think Mahomes might be Gen Z.


    I am not.
    Be honest, at some point in your life, you have sternly told someone, ďIf you don't eat your meat, you can't have any puddingĒ, havenít you?

  18. #258
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Be honest, at some point in your life, you have sternly told someone, ďIf you don't eat your meat, you can't have any puddingĒ, havenít you?
    How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    I donít care if he wins 10 Super Bowls. Still ineligible for GOAT consideration as a repeat cheater in my book.
    Haters gonna hate. Itís like a rule or something in sports fandom.

  20. #260
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Can we create a separate Patrick Mahomes thread since all thatís all weíll be hearing about for the next 15 years?

    I think itís a given that he at least ties Brady for the most Super Bowl wins. More than likely he will pass him up. Makes me sick to my stomach to think about that, but it is what it is.
    Not going to happen, particularly if Brady wins his seventh Super Bowl in two weeks, leaving Mahomes with just one for the time being.

    But beyond what happens in the upcoming Super Bowl, Mahomes seems to be injury-prone and somewhat fragile. When was the last time you saw Tom Brady hurt, 13 years ago?

    I really like Patrick Mahomes, but he will not be catching or surpassing Brady.

Similar Threads

  1. Duke Baseball 2021
    By duke2x in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: Today, 05:08 PM
  2. Horse Racing 2021
    By DevilHorse in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: Yesterday, 07:49 AM
  3. 2021 MLB Hot Stove
    By Blue in the Face in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-07-2021, 08:55 AM
  4. Can we just move to 2021 right now?
    By dudog84 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 242
    Last Post: 01-09-2021, 09:26 AM
  5. 2020-2021 Roster
    By Jaks19 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-12-2020, 09:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •