Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thank you to all who are sharing these great pictures of special family members.

A few months into the pandemic, I started considering getting a dog. Fortunately, for the dog's sake, I haven't followed through on it. I'm just not home enough to be fair to a dog. The pictures help.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    I'm just not home enough to be fair to a dog.
    This is why I have cats in my household. Since I've worked from home the last 10 months, I've debated a dog, but I'll likely return to the workplace sometime late in 2021, so am glad I haven't acted on this.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    This is why I have cats in my household. Since I've worked from home the last 10 months, I've debated a dog, but I'll likely return to the workplace sometime late in 2021, so am glad I haven't acted on this.
    It is the same with me. When I acquired my first cat I worked and played away from my house and wasn't home for much of he day. I also traveled a lot on weekends. It wouldn't have been fair to the dog.

Now, I have retired, I'm hiding from coronavirus. Now, the cat wished I were gone more.

Yep

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    It is the same with me. When I acquired my first cat I worked and played away from my house and wasn't home for much of he day. I also traveled a lot on weekends. It wouldn't have been fair to the dog.

Now, I have retired, I'm hiding from coronavirus. Now, the cat wished I were gone more.
    I saw some meme a few months back saying something like: "Your dog thinks it's wonderful you quit your job to spend more time with him. Your cat thinks you got fired for being the loser he always knew you were."

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Yea, cats are something to keep the dog entertained!

-jk

This week's special collection is "Pets Allowed".

https://www.thefarside.com/comic-col...llowed-jan2021

And truly, if only pets wore hats!

c0ec31def1d89581f6aec6ba8e39ddf8.jpg

Lucy is 12 weeks old today. We've had her a month, and she's awesome. Mini Berniedoodle.

Between my asthma and a bad experience with dogs when I was a kid, I've more or less been afraid of dogs as long as I can remember, so it's been a bigger adjustment for me than for the kiddos (13 and 11) or the Mrs. But I'm getting used to it.

Lucy2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post
    Lucy is 12 weeks old today. We've had her a month, and she's awesome. Mini Berniedoodle.

Between my asthma and a bad experience with dogs when I was a kid, I've more or less been afraid of dogs as long as I can remember, so it's been a bigger adjustment for me than for the kiddos (13 and 11) or the Mrs. But I'm getting used to it.

Lucy2.jpg
    Extremely cute!
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Hurley and Jordan (my wife is a Tarheel, our previous pair of pups were Duke and Carolina) are 5 yr. old Golden Retriever/King Charles Spaniel mix.

Attachment 12320Attachment 12321

They periodically enjoy chasing Isabelle and Milo

Attachment 12322

But are terrified of Kobe who, at 28 lbs, weighs almost as much as Jordan and packs a mean, and occasionally bloody, right cross.

Attachment 12323

Kobe also goes by "The Landlord", because he definitely rules the house.

Two of our menagerie. Not pictured are a long hair chihuahua and two 13 year old cats, one of which has finally become tame as she has aged and the other having moved herself to our next door neighbor to get away from the first one. There's an albino leopard gecko that lives in a terrarium with some noisy crickets also.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago 1995 View Post

Lucy2.jpg
    That’s a fluffer-nutter!

Quote Originally Posted by BigWayne View Post
    Two of our menagerie. Not pictured are a long hair chihuahua and two 13 year old cats, one of which has finally become tame as she has aged and the other having moved herself to our next door neighbor to get away from the first one. There's an albino leopard gecko that lives in a terrarium with some noisy crickets also.

They should star in an Odd Couple style sitcom. I’d watch it and I’m sure Netflix would bank it.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    That’s a fluffer-nutter!
    My favorite post so far today "fluffer-nutter" is a phrase commonly used here in the Pressley household!

I woke up this morning to my furry Valentine standing on my chest

PXL_20210214_162018244.jpg
    Let's go Duke!

Our Furry Valentine - Precious

We took Violet on her first RV trip this weekend. She enjoyed it a lot more than this pic would suggest.
    5C3C51B9-6806-45C7-AC55-DEF33A0DF130.jpg

4D58425E-D0A6-4BB4-AA37-4DE107191D7A.jpg

Louie the rat terrier/chihuahua/etc. rescue mix, resting up for running 100 mph hot laps while throwing in spin moves, but I can’t figure out how to attach a video.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post

Louie the rat terrier/chihuahua/etc. rescue mix, resting up for running 100 mph hot laps while throwing in spin moves, but I can’t figure out how to attach a video.
    Ahhhhhh! Gawd, I want to put him in my dang pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post

What does he weigh? 4 lbs?

-jk

How does this thread not stay at the top of the Off-Topic board?