Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Henry

Absolutely the most communicative dog or cat we've ever owned. A few years ago, I ran Henry through the on line Canine Cognition course by Duke's Brian Hare. He was off the chart in some of the empathy and communications tests. He pretty much did better than I did while I was at Duke.

HenryR.JPG

Quite the handsome guy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ggallagher View Post
    Absolutely the most communicative dog or cat we've ever owned. A few years ago, I ran Henry through the on line Canine Cognition course by Duke's Brian Hare. He was off the chart in some of the empathy and communications tests. He pretty much did better than I did while I was at Duke.

HenryR.JPG

Quite the handsome guy too.
    Dapper dresser as well

The Pandemic Year has sucked, to varying degrees, for all of us, but for pets it's been a banner year, lots of activity in the house, lots of long walks.

Friends have been looking to get a new dog, can't find anything, very few dogs available anywhere (from breeders, shelters, you name it).

The two latest additions to the Nrrrrvous household are...

Beaker and Bunson - Zebra Finches. My family got them for me for Christmas.

And before you even ask, it is really hard to get a good picture of caged birds.

Beaker and Bunson.jpg

I'm a little concerned since they are a male and a female, that we may soon have little Finches...
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    The two latest additions to the Nrrrrvous household are...

Beaker and Bunson - Zebra Finches. My family got them for me for Christmas.

And before you even ask, it is really hard to get a good picture of caged birds.

Beaker and Bunson.jpg

I'm a little concerned since they are a male and a female, that we may soon have little Finches...
    This being DBR, and me being a ginormous Muppets fan (I salute you!), and before it's too late...
    *Bunsen

Thanks for sharing some non-furries! I have apparently been a spork slut in this thread, so will have to wait to give some.

Quote Originally Posted by wilson View Post
    This being DBR, and me being a ginormous Muppets fan (I salute you!), and before it's too late...
    *Bunsen

Thanks for sharing some non-furries! I have apparently been a spork slut in this thread, so will have to wait to give some.
    Good catch! I'm not sure I even put the first iota of thought into spelling that! But now that I see it, yep! (And yes, I was never paying a lot of attention in Chemistry!)
    "That young man has an extra step on his ladder the rest of us just don't have."

Fish

Any non-mammal pets out there? I'm interested to see those. A couple of y'all said you had birds?
    I'd also be super interested to see any exotics (reptiles and other weird stuff).
    How 'about some of my fish? I have about 20 aquariums, although I'm thinking of cutting back a bit. (There are a couple of fishkeeping clubs in the DC area. In those circles, 20 aquariums is not a big number.) Here a Biotodoma cupido with a Biotodoma wavrini.
    IMG_5216.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    How 'about some of my fish? I have about 20 aquariums, although I'm thinking of cutting back a bit. (There are a couple of fishkeeping clubs in the DC area. In those circles, 20 aquariums is not a big number.) Here a Biotodoma cupido with a Biotodoma wavrini.
    IMG_5216.jpg
    20 aquariums?! Holy moly!! How many total gallons? What's the biggest? Definitely into seeing more pics.
    Do you name your fish?

Only

20 aquariums?! Holy moly!! How many total gallons? What's the biggest? Definitely into seeing more pics.
    Do you name your fish?
    Only 430 gallons. Biggest is 70 gallons. Most are in my basement, and the stairs are narrow, so I can't get a bigger tank down there. Like I said in my first post, 20 isn't that many. I have friends with 50 0r 80.
    Anomalchromis thomasi (West African cichlid). Let me know if you want some. I've got way too many and without fish club meetings, nowhere to unload them.

A thomasi.jpg

Corydoras pantanalensis (rare catfish from the Pantanal region of South America):

IMG_0780.jpg

Edit: I don't name them.
    Last edited by MChambers; 01-06-2021 at 04:27 PM. Reason: To answer Wilson's question about names.

77924AE7-417F-401C-AA4A-35AB98A22646.jpg
    My two vizslas. We lost our Weimaraner last year and then got the Vizsla puppy. I am literally too old for this breed! But we love them.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    My guinea girls are my avatar. Cookie and Evie. Cookie is larger and lighter colored. We got Evie on New Year's Eve, 2018.

CookEveHalloween2.jpg

Here they are in their Halloween costumes this year. My sons admonished me for buying them costumes but then begged me to take pictures, so. Cookie is a Jack-o-lantern and Evie is a bumblebee.

Boston area, OK, Newton, right by Heartbreak Hill
    20201015_163336.jpg

CEProfile.jpg

Here are a couple more. One without the costumes. They were both surprisingly unperturbed by the costumes. Treats were involved.

Mighty cute critters, Bostondevil - even without the costumes! Funny that they don't mind.

And Tooold, such handsome Vizslas! They look like the archetype of the "good dog".

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    And Tooold, such handsome Vizslas! They look like the archetype of the "good dog".
    Hah! More likely we had just yelled at the puppy for leaping up onto kitchen counter! Or opening front door and heading out on her own...

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    SadieBall.jpg
    We are not sure what Sadie is, though there is some back lab and whippet for sure. Love the whippet part though as she is so chill inside.

SadieInside.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Only 430 gallons. Biggest is 70 gallons. Most are in my basement, and the stairs are narrow, so I can't get a bigger tank down there. Like I said in my first post, 20 isn't that many. I have friends with 50 0r 80.
    Anomalchromis thomasi (West African cichlid). Let me know if you want some. I've got way too many and without fish club meetings, nowhere to unload them.

A thomasi.jpg

Corydoras pantanalensis (rare catfish from the Pantanal region of South America):

IMG_0780.jpg

Edit: I don't name them.
    Wee Bey, is that you?

Loving pet pics.

While its antithetical to the thread, said goodbye to our almost 13 year old golden retriever, Mogul, today.

He was a good boy. Hug your doggos tight.

2A4E49AB-D94E-40C5-B125-49A7117829D8.jpg

CA93F830-C7D4-4A7D-904C-4B43C5654D36.jpg

marvelous pictures...our home is littered with pictures of our dogs, past and present...they are the best.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    While its antithetical to the thread, said goodbye to our almost 13 year old golden retriever, Mogul, today.

He was a good boy. Hug your doggos tight.

2A4E49AB-D94E-40C5-B125-49A7117829D8.jpg

CA93F830-C7D4-4A7D-904C-4B43C5654D36.jpg
    So sorry for your loss.