Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Wow. Their zone is really giving us fits. Our defense is nonexistent. Plus 3 or 4 missed layups. Plus sloppy turnovers. Time to wake up guys!

Defense lacking horribly!!

Goldwire was 6 feet from the rim and then passed the ball out of the lane. He had a clear shot.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    Wow. Their zone is really giving us fits. Our defense is nonexistent. Plus 3 or 4 missed layups. Plus sloppy turnovers. Time to wake up guys!
    Bad play all around. Not playing is very hard on a young team.

Quote Originally Posted by duketaylor View Post
    Defense lacking horribly!!
    there's no phase of the game that we're executing at right now except maybe causing turnovers? we're going to lose to a 2-7 team missing it's two leading scorers. that's pretty rock bottom.
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    there's no phase of the game that we're executing at right now except maybe causing turnovers? we're going to lose to a 2-7 team missing it's two leading scorers. that's pretty rock bottom.
    Hard to find any positives right now

No answer to this zone. Defense leaves a lot to be desired as well, but that's slightly more understandable given our rust.

Hard for Scheyer to find the right combo given the difficulty on both sides.

At least Wendell is hitting shots.

This team is lacking just about everything. Looking almost as helpless as our bottom dwelling football team.They hold practices. I think they obviously are rusty,but no excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by simplyluvin View Post
    No answer to this zone. Defense leaves a lot to be desired as well, but that's slightly more understandable given our rust.

Hard for Scheyer to find the right combo given the difficulty on both sides.

At least Wendell is hitting shots.
    They are shooting 66% and 63% from 3 - Duke is losing this on D right now.

I have NO FAITH in this team. When I read that report ( that other web site) saying this was an easy win I cringed. Off three weeks. No K. And not a good team - not yet, maybe not ever

No D AT ALL. BC is scoring at will. At this pace BC will score 80+ and win by 15. As a 2-7 team. Also they are underrated. So many close losses showed the potential. 9 points to Villanova, 3 to NC State etc.

I don’t think we win if we play the same style of D. I think we have to either pull the man to man back or go zone

They actually have their two leading scorers. Fake news lol. Tabbs and Heath are both playing -

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...stats/_/id/103

Good news is the Moore came out of his extended slump. Bad news is that the entire rest of the team apparently took Moore's slump on themselves.

Hard to believe we are only down 8 after allowing a layup line for them and us laying bricks the entire half.

Prediction: During halftime Scheyer figures out some way to attack the zone, BC reverts to the mean, and Duke wins the game.
    Last edited by rsvman; 01-06-2021 at 09:44 PM.

As joyless a first half of basketball as I've ever seen a Duke team play.

I hope Coach Scheyer lights a fire under them at the half.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    They actually have their two leading scorers. Fake news lol. Tabbs and Heath are both playing -

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...stats/_/id/103
    oh that's what the commentator was saying. or perhaps i misunderstood.
    April 1

oh that's what the commentator was saying. or perhaps i misunderstood.
    He did say that. You are correct. He was just wrong - though they didn’t start Tabbs

Competitive now, but need to get some separation. Moore is carrying us.

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    He did say that. You are correct. He was just wrong - though they didn’t start Tabbs
    gotcha. i should hvae known better than to put any stock in an ESPN commentator
    April 1

Is anybody actually still watching the game?
    Soooo many missed free throws!

Why do we have a PA announcer for the game? There aren't any fans there.