Movie Awards stuff 2021

Golden Globes nominations were announced today. Here is the full list of nominees: https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/03/enter...ons/index.html

Best Motion Picture -- Musical or Comedy
    "Borat Subsequent Moviefilm"
    "Hamilton"
    "Music"
    "Palm Springs"
    "The Prom"

Best Motion Picture -- Drama
    "The Father"
    "Mank"
    "Nomadland"
    "Promising Young Woman"
    "The Trial of the Chicago 7"
    A few quick thoughts from me:

• Sacha Baron Cohen got nominations for both Best Actor in a Comedy (Borat 2) and for Best Supporting Actor (Chicago 7).

• Andra Day got a Best Actress in a Drama nomination for US vs. Billie Holliday and was also nominated for Best Song. My brother discovered her and is her manager. Pretty cool! There was some hooting and hollering at the LA Evans household this morning!

• Al Pacino's nominations for the TV series Hunters must be a joke... it just wasn't that good and he was more than a little over the top. Then again, over the top is a Pacino staple at this point.

• The Flight Attendant's nomination for Best Comedy TV series is an affront to actual quality TV.

• Many of you are seeing "The Father" under Best Drama Movie and seeing Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Coleman nominated and thinking, "what is that film?" Trust me, you will hear about it when it comes out in March and I think it is going to land some major Oscar nominations too.

• I don't know why they bothered to nominate 5 movies for Best Animated Film. The only competition is between Soul and Wolfwalkers. There might as well not be any other nominees.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Golden Globes nominations were announced today. Here is the full list of nominees: https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/03/enter...ons/index.html

A few quick thoughts from me:

• Sacha Baron Cohen got nominations for both Best Actor in a Comedy (Borat 2) and for Best Supporting Actor (Chicago 7).

• Andra Day got a Best Actress in a Drama nomination for US vs. Billie Holliday and was also nominated for Best Song. My brother discovered her and is her manager. Pretty cool! There was some hooting and hollering at the LA Evans household this morning!

• Al Pacino's nominations for the TV series Hunters must be a joke... it just wasn't that good and he was more than a little over the top. Then again, over the top is a Pacino staple at this point.

• The Flight Attendant's nomination for Best Comedy TV series is an affront to actual quality TV.

• Many of you are seeing "The Father" under Best Drama Movie and seeing Anthony Hopkins and Olivia Coleman nominated and thinking, "what is that film?" Trust me, you will hear about it when it comes out in March and I think it is going to land some major Oscar nominations too.

• I don't know why they bothered to nominate 5 movies for Best Animated Film. The only competition is between Soul and Wolfwalkers. There might as well not be any other nominees.
    Wow. I thought Boat 2 was mildly amusing - didn't begin to make my sides split like the original. Were people more impressed than I was? Or is this indicative of a very lean year for movies?

The Flight Attendant was one of the worst shows of the year. No clue why so many liked it.

I really hope Jason Sudekis wins for Ted Lasso. An amazing show.

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegas View Post

I really hope Jason Sudekis wins for Ted Lasso. An amazing show.
    I was very surprised how much depth he brought to that role, and the quality of the writing in that show overall. Excited about season 2 when it gets here.