Jeremy Roach Looks Primed to Become Engine of Duke's Offense

Think he has really turned a corner over the last two games.

Thoughts?

https://bluedevilstop.com/jeremy-roa...dukes-offense/

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilStop View Post
    Think he has really turned a corner over the last two games.

Thoughts?

https://bluedevilstop.com/jeremy-roa...dukes-offense/
    he certainly has played better, but "engine of duke's offense" might be a stretch
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    he certainly has played better, but "engine of duke's offense" might be a stretch
    the operative idea was that he is ready to become the engine, not that he already is. However, in the last 2 games, it's not a stretch to say that he was. He scored the ball very efficiently, had the ball in his hands a lot, and passed to the right people without many turns. He still has room to grow as a player and playmaker, i think it's legit to claim he is ready to be the engine of the offense.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    the operative idea was that he is ready to become the engine, not that he already is. However, in the last 2 games, it's not a stretch to say that he was. He scored the ball very efficiently, had the ball in his hands a lot, and passed to the right people without many turns. He still has room to grow as a player and playmaker, i think it's legit to claim he is ready to be the engine of the offense.
    Roach took 5 shots vs ND. Hurt took 17. Roach had 2 TOs and 0 assists.

Was he efficient on the few shots he took? Sure...maintain that efficiency when he's getting far more volume, and then we can talk about being the "engine."

So yes, I find it an incredibly hard sell that he was an "engine" in the ND game.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Against Notre Dame (most recent game), he had zero assists against 2 turnovers. In the previous game, his numbers were great (7 assists, 0 turnovers) but the offense was, to put it mildly, lousy. If he was the "engine" against Illinois, we don't have much of a vehicle. Either way, two games is not nearly a big enough sample to draw any conclusions.

That said, he appears to be improving and I'd rather have him controlling the ball than anyone else on the team. Hopefully, he stays next year and he becomes a true engine by then.

Would prefer him over Goldwire as I think he has alot better offense.

But our 3 guard lineups have been quite effective at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukehk View Post
    Would prefer him over Goldwire as I think he has alot better offense.

But our 3 guard lineups have been quite effective at times.
    For the time being, this isn't even a choice. We're going to start 3 guards.

Roach is going to be a very important player against FSU's pressure and switching. You have to be able to beat their pressure by penetrating off the dribble which then sucks in the defense and leads to kickouts for open shots.