Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I thought about holding, just tread water, but what fun is that? So I'm #1 ATS, numero uno, the head honcho, chief cheese, at...zero points. 0 is good for first ATS. Yikes.
    Pretty sure I’m last ATS. But I’m first with O/U! My secret: “almost always bet the under.”

You had a heck of a week so far! Glad you decided not to tread water.

Quote Originally Posted by peterjswift View Post
    Pretty sure I’m last ATS. But I’m first with O/U! My secret: “almost always bet the under.”

You had a heck of a week so far! Glad you decided not to tread water.
    Had a nice streak going there but how quickly it can turn. Can't recall a contest with so few in + territory and no one secure enough to survive a bad afternoon.

Notre Dame and Duke are going to blow through the over under in this game.
    Currently on a 200 point pace.

Unfortunately betting against Duke has turned into easy money. I was going to bet the farm on ND today (it's not a very expensive farm, which only cost me 500 units) but got caught by the early start time.

Another one bites the dust... I'm out. Sigh...
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Another one bites the dust... I'm out. Sigh...
    Any new folks joining now and making absolutely no bets will have a pretty solid chance of finishing in the top 3.

Any new folks joining now and making absolutely no bets will have a pretty solid chance of finishing in the top 3.
    Finishing #1 probably isn't out of reach.

Finishing #1 probably isn't out of reach.
    It definitely isn’t out of reach. Especially if I’m tempted to place more wagers!

Also - Neil Postman’s “Amusing Ourselves to Death” should be mandatory reading for everyone annually if they are to continue using social media.

If the contest ended at 5PM on 02/27 - the winner would be someone at -50 going 1-1 for the season.

Weird times. I made a lot of max bets which has been my MO this whole year, and ended up going 0-4 so far today.

Wow, the Degenerate Gamblers Contest has, true to its name reached a new low as all contestants are in negative numbers. Special recognition should go to CameronDuke who has dipped below 5K for the second time!! Well done, good man, well done!

Wow, the Degenerate Gamblers Contest has, true to its name reached a new low as all contestants are in negative numbers. Special recognition should go to CameronDuke who has dipped below 5K for the second time!! Well done, good man, well done!
    So you're saying I should join now?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    So you're saying I should join now?
    At least! We need a Biden stimulus plan to save this contest...more fake bucks in circulation.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 02-27-2021 at 05:29 PM. Reason: No PPB offense intended!

Guess I'll concede. Thanks to all those who had faith in me and contributed so much to my campaign for degeneracy, my lovely wife, the pizza guy with whom I discussed strategy nightly, and my wet nurse who gave me such a wonderful start on life all those years ago. The kids will be disappointed I lost their inheritance, not to mention my daughter who needs an operation to have her armpits sutured but there is a valuable life lesson to be learned here and she'll be the wiser for it. Shalom!

It is the end of the regular season, and no one is above 0. It is weird to be tied for first place with someone who went 1-1 for the duration. I was secretly hoping to end at 0, and depending how the ACC tourney works out, I may yet.

I have only made max bets this entire time.

Acc Tourney/ I am cheating

Although I have been eliminated early after losing my $5,000 I have permitted myself a mulligan for the ACC tourney since no one did a separate contest for it. My tourney bets obviously don't count toward the overall title or sub-title as the case my be this year in oh so many ways, I do hope that I as well as our Blue Devils perform better here than we did in the regular season. I apologize for cheating but then again I did live cloer to Chapel Hill than Duke my senior year so I guess I just couldn't avoid the taint.

Sooooooooo....next

Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    Sooooooooo...next
    Can’t I revel in my victory a little?

Can’t I revel in my victory a little?
    Don't be a Troublemaker

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Don't be a Troublemaker
    This is the most disappointing and hollow victory I’ve had. I don’t even win a pie for being the lone player above 0.

JasonEvans (or anyone else for that matter) - is there a DBR picking pool for the NCAA Tourney games? I don't mean a bracket pool.

Thanks!