Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Halftime: State 47, Syracuse 38 — I’m on my way to -1100 tonight.
    Bob Green

And of course, NC State scored 47 in the first half.

Seemingly obvious bets and lines to average joe "bettor" like me very often don't play out that way.

One year in this contest I'll learn to flip all the picks I feel most sure about due to some obvious reason like a well-known injury to a key player. C'est la vie.

Haha too funny. Syracuse comes back to win, but doesn't cover. And I lose the Under by 1 point.

Thank God it's fake money.

Good times! See y'all again for the next contest

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Haha too funny. Syracuse comes back to win, but doesn't cover. And I lose the Under by 1 point.

Thank God it's fake money.

Good times! See y'all again for the next contest
    Right there with you, my friend. I noticed the top-2 finishers from the last contest are now out of this one. Shows some of the variability of this thing. All good. Will hunt title #5 when the NCAA tourney contest starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Right there with you, my friend. I noticed the top-2 finishers from the last contest are now out of this one. Shows some of the variability of this thing. All good. Will hunt title #5 when the NCAA tourney contest starts.

Wait a minute. We may need a ruling, since I noticed you put in a few bets for tomorrow BEFORE you were eliminated. I think you are (still) tightroping elimination.

Whoever that Syracuse player is who fouled State’s three point shooter with seven seconds to go causing me both the over under and the spread should be publicly flogged.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    Wait a minute. We may need a ruling, since I noticed you put in a few bets for tomorrow BEFORE you were eliminated. I think you are (still) tightroping elimination.
    I did, and I think those two picks should count towards the final total, but I should still be out.

If you're -$5,000 at the end of any day, as I am now, I think you should be out.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Whoever that Syracuse player is who fouled State’s three point shooter with seven seconds to go causing me both the over under and the spread should be publicly flogged.
    Haha, that was Guerrier. I had Cuse -5 in real life wasn't too happy.

I did, and I think those two picks should count towards the final total, but I should still be out.

If you're -$5,000 at the end of any day, as I am now, I think you should be out.

Feel like the shot left your hand with time on the clock. Granted, it’s hanging up there longer than a Gordon Heyward half court heave, ...but it left your hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    Feel like the shot left your hand with time on the clock. Granted, it’s hanging up there longer than a Gordon Heyward half court heave, ...but it left your hand.
    Thanks for having my back, GWD, but I'm out.

Good news, though -- now that I'm out, I actually may do writeups of future games -- that you remaining competitors can either ignore (based on this current contest) or take into consideration (based on past success). My writeups might liven up this thread, imo.

If I'm not too lazy to get around to writing them.

P.S. I'll say this. Getting Duke -9 was a steal for tomorrow night as it's now out to 10.5

Yeah, as the dude running this thing, that is how I would rule. At the end of a day, you were at -5000 so your picks are done. Those wagers were made and you can benefit or be hurt by them, but your ability to make future wagers is done.

And I'm probably no more than a week or so from joining you... if even that long.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Yeah, as the dude running this thing, that is how I would rule. At the end of a day, you were at -5000 so your picks are done. Those wagers were made and you can benefit or be hurt by them, but your ability to make future wagers is done.

And I'm probably no more than a week or so from joining you... if even that long.
    Save a spot for me, too. Headed in that direction myself.

It was so nice to have a stranglehold on first place for a day or so.

I decided: "you know what? I should just stop placing wagers."

Then I saw what appeared to be some very, very obvious picks on the O/U over the last two days...

...and lost 100% of them.

And now I'm just a measly 250 above 0, and with max bets across the board for today and tomorrow, I'll end this coming week closer to the bottom than first place.

Quote Originally Posted by peterjswift View Post
    It was so nice to have a stranglehold on first place for a day or so.

I decided: "you know what? I should just stop placing wagers."

Then I saw what appeared to be some very, very obvious picks on the O/U over the last two days...

...and lost 100% of them.

And now I'm just a measly 250 above 0, and with max bets across the board for today and tomorrow, I'll end this coming week closer to the bottom than first place.
    I thought about holding, just tread water, but what fun is that? So I'm #1 ATS, numero uno, the head honcho, chief cheese, at...zero points. 0 is good for first ATS. Yikes.

Ya';ll load up on UNC -3 or whatever.. so Clemson can beat them

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Ya';ll load up on UNC -3 or whatever.. so Clemson can beat them
    I'd lose some fake Tubmans to see that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    I'd lose some fake Tubmans to see that happen.
    bet on unc every time if that works

I’m out at -5,000. It was near impossible to establish any flow.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I’m out at -5,000. It was near impossible to establish any flow.
    I'm at -4910... my next bet may be my last. I'm gonna wait for the Duke-UNC game to blow it out this weekend!

Part of my decline is making a large wager on the Heels to beat Clemson... so I am hardly sad about my current situation
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Hard to make picks when all are inconsistent.