Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 73
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Todayís objective is to get back to .500 win/lose. I am currently 6-8 (-1400) so two wins will do the trick. FSU (-4.5) over Carolina and Virginia (-2) over Clemson are my bets.

    Success today will have me looking to get back in the black with my next bet.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    So this afternoon I saw that the line for Louisville - Miami was (-3) and I thought I better bet big on Miami because that margin looks too small. But then I logged onto the picks site and they had the game listed as Louisville vs. Miami (OH). I was relieved that my attention to detail prevented me from betting on a non-pure ACC game. However, now I see from the ESPN box score that Louisville is in fact playing Miami of Florida, of the ACC. But I also see that Miami is playing well and has a lead, so maybe it's good that I didn't bet on them after all. Long story short, gambling is hard.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Todayís objective is to get back to .500 win/lose. I am currently 6-8 (-1400) so two wins will do the trick. FSU (-4.5) over Carolina and Virginia (-2) over Clemson are my bets.

    Success today will have me looking to get back in the black with my next bet.
    Nice - you did it! "If I could only just get back to even I could get back in the black..."

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Iím 8-9 (-950) so todayís objective is to get back in the black. With a full slate of games scheduled, the opportunity is there. My choices so far:

    FSU (-7.0) over Clemson
    Pitt (-2.5) over Wake Forest

    There are several more games Iím contemplating. The O/U has been especially cruel to me to date (0-4) so I must be due to win a couple...famous last words.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Iím 8-9 (-950) so todayís objective is to get back in the black. With a full slate of games scheduled, the opportunity is there. My choices so far:

    FSU (-7.0) over Clemson
    Pitt (-2.5) over Wake Forest

    There are several more games Iím contemplating. The O/U has been especially cruel to me to date (0-4) so I must be due to win a couple...famous last words.
    I like your 2 ATS picks, meaning you might want to flip them both to the opposites to win.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I like your 2 ATS picks, meaning you might want to flip them both to the opposites to win.
    Ha ha. I play that mental game with myself at times. Do I pick with my first impression or go with the opposite? Thatís a dark road.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    How can Pitt only be giving up 2 points at Wake? I'm stunned at that line. I put 500 on it.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    How can Pitt only be giving up 2 points at Wake? I'm stunned at that line. I put 500 on it.
    And Wake wins!

    I lost 550 on this game but not blaming Jason as I placed my bet before his post.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    And Wake wins!

    I lost 550 on this game but not blaming Jason as I placed my bet before his post.
    I give up... Covid-year is impossible to predict.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    ^ the Duke hangover is real, even in a year like this

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    I took the Over in the Carolina at Pitt (146) and Georgia Tech at Duke (141.5) games.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I took the Over in the Carolina at Pitt (146) and Georgia Tech at Duke (141.5) games.
    I got the Duke-GT over at 139

    I also took Duke -6 to cover, which is probably an insane bet but Duke is gonna cover another game at some point and I don't want to miss it

    I have Pitt getting 3 points too, which is easily the bet I feel the least confident about today... and that is really saying something.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Marietta, Georgia
    I rarely bet on Duke - just superstition - but I put 500 on them giving the 6 last night. Whew - whatever the opposite of a "bad beat" is, that was it.

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Iím back at tonight after going 1-1 yesterday. Today my money is on FSU (-11) over Miami and Louisville (+1.5) over Clemson.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Florida State wins by 21 so I improve to 11-12 (-1100).
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Hooray for a meaningless three at the buzzer! Wake covers, giving me a cool +500 after I spent most of the night thinking it was a dumb decision to take them. It is astounding to me how many outcomes are determined by meaningless final shots.

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    St. Louis
    Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Hooray for a meaningless three at the buzzer! Wake covers, giving me a cool +500 after I spent most of the night thinking it was a dumb decision to take them. It is astounding to me how many outcomes are determined by meaningless final shots.
    I had the opposite side of that. State looked good all night on that bet, and it withered at the end.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I had the opposite side of that. State looked good all night on that bet, and it withered at the end.
    Same. That would have been a pretty awesome way to cap off a pretty solid night for me.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Norfolk, VA
    Clemson beat Louisville by four points so I went 1-1 again. I canít seem to get over the hump back into the black. Saturday brings another opportunity to shine.
    Bob Green
    DBR Survivor Football Champion
    2010 & 2016

  20. #40
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Prayers to a speedy recovery for Devon Daniels of NC State. As DavidBenAkiva noted in the ACC thread, the senior was leading state in scoring, assists, and steals.

    This is relevant information to know/consider if you're "betting" on this evening's ACC game. I'm pretty close to out, but shocked I've made it this far. I took Syracuse to cover and the under:

    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...els-acl-season

    NC State hosts Duke on Feb 13

Similar Threads

  1. Degenerate Gamblers: 2020 Pre-Conference picking contest
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-28-2020, 11:26 AM
  2. Degenerate Gamblers Rejoice! The 2019-20 Picking Contest is Here!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 367
    Last Post: 11-23-2020, 08:41 AM
  3. 2019 ACC Picking Contest (Degenerate Gamblers Rejoice!!)
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 747
    Last Post: 03-19-2019, 05:39 PM
  4. ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers allowed!!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 185
    Last Post: 03-12-2018, 11:04 AM
  5. Pre-ACC Picking Contest - Degenerate Gamblers Rejoice!
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 152
    Last Post: 01-01-2018, 06:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •