Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Today’s objective is to get back to .500 win/lose. I am currently 6-8 (-1400) so two wins will do the trick. FSU (-4.5) over Carolina and Virginia (-2) over Clemson are my bets.

Success today will have me looking to get back in the black with my next bet.
    Bob Green

So this afternoon I saw that the line for Louisville - Miami was (-3) and I thought I better bet big on Miami because that margin looks too small. But then I logged onto the picks site and they had the game listed as Louisville vs. Miami (OH). I was relieved that my attention to detail prevented me from betting on a non-pure ACC game. However, now I see from the ESPN box score that Louisville is in fact playing Miami of Florida, of the ACC. But I also see that Miami is playing well and has a lead, so maybe it's good that I didn't bet on them after all. Long story short, gambling is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Today’s objective is to get back to .500 win/lose. I am currently 6-8 (-1400) so two wins will do the trick. FSU (-4.5) over Carolina and Virginia (-2) over Clemson are my bets.

Success today will have me looking to get back in the black with my next bet.
    Nice - you did it! "If I could only just get back to even I could get back in the black..."

I’m 8-9 (-950) so today’s objective is to get back in the black. With a full slate of games scheduled, the opportunity is there. My choices so far:

FSU (-7.0) over Clemson
    Pitt (-2.5) over Wake Forest

There are several more games I’m contemplating. The O/U has been especially cruel to me to date (0-4) so I must be due to win a couple...famous last words.
    Bob Green

I’m 8-9 (-950) so today’s objective is to get back in the black. With a full slate of games scheduled, the opportunity is there. My choices so far:

FSU (-7.0) over Clemson
    Pitt (-2.5) over Wake Forest

There are several more games I’m contemplating. The O/U has been especially cruel to me to date (0-4) so I must be due to win a couple...famous last words.
    I like your 2 ATS picks, meaning you might want to flip them both to the opposites to win.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    I like your 2 ATS picks, meaning you might want to flip them both to the opposites to win.
    Ha ha. I play that mental game with myself at times. Do I pick with my first impression or go with the opposite? That’s a dark road.
    Bob Green

How can Pitt only be giving up 2 points at Wake? I'm stunned at that line. I put 500 on it.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    How can Pitt only be giving up 2 points at Wake? I'm stunned at that line. I put 500 on it.
    And Wake wins!

I lost 550 on this game but not blaming Jason as I placed my bet before his post.
    Bob Green

And Wake wins!

I lost 550 on this game but not blaming Jason as I placed my bet before his post.
    I give up... Covid-year is impossible to predict.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

^ the Duke hangover is real, even in a year like this

I took the Over in the Carolina at Pitt (146) and Georgia Tech at Duke (141.5) games.
    Bob Green

I took the Over in the Carolina at Pitt (146) and Georgia Tech at Duke (141.5) games.
    I got the Duke-GT over at 139

I also took Duke -6 to cover, which is probably an insane bet but Duke is gonna cover another game at some point and I don't want to miss it

I have Pitt getting 3 points too, which is easily the bet I feel the least confident about today... and that is really saying something.

I rarely bet on Duke - just superstition - but I put 500 on them giving the 6 last night. Whew - whatever the opposite of a "bad beat" is, that was it.

I’m back at tonight after going 1-1 yesterday. Today my money is on FSU (-11) over Miami and Louisville (+1.5) over Clemson.
    Bob Green

Florida State wins by 21 so I improve to 11-12 (-1100).
    Bob Green

Hooray for a meaningless three at the buzzer! Wake covers, giving me a cool +500 after I spent most of the night thinking it was a dumb decision to take them. It is astounding to me how many outcomes are determined by meaningless final shots.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    Hooray for a meaningless three at the buzzer! Wake covers, giving me a cool +500 after I spent most of the night thinking it was a dumb decision to take them. It is astounding to me how many outcomes are determined by meaningless final shots.
    I had the opposite side of that. State looked good all night on that bet, and it withered at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    I had the opposite side of that. State looked good all night on that bet, and it withered at the end.
    Same. That would have been a pretty awesome way to cap off a pretty solid night for me.

Clemson beat Louisville by four points so I went 1-1 again. I can’t seem to get over the hump back into the black. Saturday brings another opportunity to shine.
    Bob Green

Prayers to a speedy recovery for Devon Daniels of NC State. As DavidBenAkiva noted in the ACC thread, the senior was leading state in scoring, assists, and steals.

This is relevant information to know/consider if you're "betting" on this evening's ACC game. I'm pretty close to out, but shocked I've made it this far. I took Syracuse to cover and the under:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...els-acl-season

NC State hosts Duke on Feb 13