Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    He was capable of recognizing, in the face of evidence, that his long-held beliefs were wrong-headed. And he changed his behavior as a result. Major props for that.

He just edged out Homer Simpson for me.
    Homer is the funniest tv character of all time. Love that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    He was capable of recognizing, in the face of evidence, that his long-held beliefs were wrong-headed. And he changed his behavior as a result. Major props for that.

He just edged out Homer Simpson for me.
    After thinking about it a bit more I’ve decided to put Tony Soprano alongside the great Homer Simpson as co-equal Mount Rushmore TV legends. Sorry, Mr. Grinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    After thinking about it a bit more I’ve decided to put Tony Soprano alongside the great Homer Simpson as co-equal Mount Rushmore TV legends. Sorry, Mr. Grinch.
    Good luck starting your car when Uncle Junior hears about this.

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post
    Still thinking but Theo Roosevelt, LBJ, and Isaac Newton

Gotta think about the 4th
    I mean I know that LeBron is a good basketball player and all, but to put him with Teddy Roosevelt and Sir Isaac Newton?

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Good luck starting your car when Uncle Junior hears about this.
    Hey, don’t freak me out like that. Uncle June is still out there and still poses a threat. The guy was fine with killing his own nephew — who had mostly been very nice and caring to him — for crissakes. Just think of what he might do to some random Joe Schmoe who posts on DBR.

Okay, I'll bite:

Jimmy Carter
    Johnny Cash
    Shane Battier
    Julianne Moore

All for very, very different reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Okay, I'll bite:

Jimmy Carter
    Johnny Cash
    Shane Battier
    Julianne Moore

All for very, very different reasons.
    Love this list.
    "Amazing what a minute can do."

Mine would be kind of personal. Different view of it maybe?

My wife’s OB who safely helped her deliver three babies even when she had a hemorrhage code called on her with the last one.

My therapist I went to for a year in my early twenties who helped me see the beauty in all of the chaos of life. My life is 100x better because of her.

My parents for always being there for me as a child. Even when they would come home exhausted from work, they would always make time for me. My dad worked a hard blue collar job but he was always ready to play with my brother and I as soon as he got his shower and we ate dinner. Time is the greatest gift you can give a child.

My wife. No one else I could ride the roller coaster of life with.

Updated

Theo Roosevelt, Lyndon B Johnson, Bill Gates and Isaac Newton

Got it now.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

#1: My Dad

#1 (tie): My Mom

end of list

Got it now.
    You know my post was a joke, right?
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Yeah but considering how many people were posting sports people I think spelling it out makes sense
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

I thought it was tightly aimed at s43!

-jk

Maurice Hilleman should be up there.

rsvman probably understands.
    ~rthomas

(1) Bob Dylan — Greatest songwriter ever, without question.
    Irving Berlin, George Gershwin, Duke Ellington, and Cole Porter say hello.

Hey, don’t freak me out like that. Uncle June is still out there and still poses a threat. The guy was fine with killing his own nephew — who had mostly been very nice and caring to him — for crissakes. Just think of what he might do to some random Joe Schmoe who posts on DBR.
    Bring him on... Junior doesn’t scare me. However, must admit, Livia scares the hell out of me! She could even convince your best friend to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Bring him on... Junior doesn’t scare me. However, must admit, Livia scares the hell out of me! She could even convince your best friend to kill you.
    Yeah, Livia was a frightening and unlikeable person who had a sour disposition 99.999% of the time, but she’s gone.

Uncle Junior, on the other hand, is STILL with us. Don’t get too complacent, my friend.

Yeah, Livia was a frightening and unlikeable person who had a sour disposition 99.999% of the time, but she’s gone.

Uncle Junior, on the other hand, is STILL with us. Don’t get too complacent, my friend.
    at least one member of this forum has seen Uncle Junior in Bermuda, so keep that in mind when you travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Irving Berlin, George Gershwin, Duke Ellington, and Cole Porter say hello.
    Not to mention Jerome Kern, Johnny Marks, Harold Arlen, Nick Drake, Paul Simon, and literally hundreds of others. Personally I find it silly to say somebody is the "best" painter, "best" songwriter, "best," really, in any creative field. "Best" is entirely subjective.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Not to mention Jerome Kern, Johnny Marks, Harold Arlen, Nick Drake, Paul Simon, and literally hundreds of others. Personally I find it silly to say somebody is the "best" painter, "best" songwriter, "best," really, in any creative field. "Best" is entirely subjective.
    Yes, it’s silly, but it’s FUN!