Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I learned the chocolate donut regimen from John Belushi and his Bruce Jenner skit, crediting his decathlon success to little chocolate donuts. It's as true now as it was then.
    Just for good measure...here is the "commercial"

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...d&action=click

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD83 View Post
    Just for good measure...here is the "commercial"

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...d&action=click
    Ha, thanks for that. You can see why that continues to inspire me, though I'm passing on the cigarettes.

I bought a peloton and started riding every day. I like it better than spin classes at the gym. And while I am an avid outdoor cyclist, it is so flat here that it is too boring for me to do regularly. I also got back into running after many years off due to a wonky back (although at my age what I do might not look like running to others). The peloton app helped with running, probably because I focused on intervals for shorter distances. I think that let me build my leg strength and take the pounding off of my back.

I gained 5 lbs early in pandemic, but lost 15 after the peloton arrived. I am a woman, so I think that is just as good as all you men who have lost 30! I really hope to keep that weight off!

Of course I stopped traveling...and I had to miss a planned trip to Japan and Mont Blanc hiking trip. Hopefully some trips pushed into 2021 will actually happen (although Japan in March is not looking good).

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I took up biking in a big way, like 60+ miles per week. I have lost 30+ pounds and feel great. I plan to continue forever.
    Envious i am.i cut to 20 a week .my knees are garbage. I swim quite a few laps instead. I have lost 40 .270 is still to heavy .good luck with your work outs.

Stoppped:

Drinking alcohol (didn't drink a lot anyway but now it's near none existent).

Buying so much "stuff".

Listening to the radio and watching tv.

Dropped all my "friends" on social media. Its now only family and people I see daily.

Started:

Walking daily 1 to 2 hours (lost 55 lbs).

Eating smaller portions.

Eating less meat.

Picked up hiking bi-weekly.

Learning more on life organization and finances. Helped a ton.

Listening to a life coach podcast and doing yoga. Top 3 best decision I've ever made for self improvement.

Listening to podcasts by independent journalists for news coverage. Highly reccomend.
    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge" -Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post

Walking daily 1 to 2 hours (lost 55 lbs).
    I don’t care what you weighed before pandemic. Losing 55 lbs is a HUGE accomplishment. Congrats!

Awesome. Regarding:

Quote Originally Posted by JNort View Post

Listening to a life coach podcast and doing yoga. Top 3 best decision I've ever made for self improvement.
    Which life coaching podcasts do you recommend?