Next War vs The Last War

After reading about the latest cyber attack it seems to me that he next war may be cyber, wipe out the grid, destroy communications etc.

Do you think we should drastically cut the defense budge for say missiles and bombers and increase it for say cyber defense and offense.

or maybe I have had too much wine after watching MNF.

SoCal

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDukeFan View Post
    After reading about the latest cyber attack it seems to me that he next war may be cyber, wipe out the grid, destroy communications etc.

Do you think we should drastically cut the defense budge for say missiles and bombers and increase it for say cyber defense and offense.

or maybe I have had too much wine after watching MNF.

SoCal
    "The Next War", if it ever comes to fruition, will be very brief. Every satellite and all modern day global communications knocked out. Then it will be quickly back to "The Last War". I don't see the often stated "return to the stone age", but all the weaponry that relies on GPS, well...HAHAHAHA. That stuff is toast.
    The next war will be fought more along the lines of Korea levels after the first wave of space destruction.
    I'm gonna miss Facebook. And Netflix.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    "The Next War", if it ever comes to fruition, will be very brief. Every satellite and all modern day global communications knocked out. Then it will be quickly back to "The Last War". I don't see the often stated "return to the stone age", but all the weaponry that relies on GPS, well...HAHAHAHA. That stuff is toast.
    The next war will be fought more along the lines of Korea levels after the first wave of space destruction.
    I'm gonna miss Facebook. And Netflix.
    Don't forget, the United States now has reusable rockets. We'll win the space war, especially since we have the Space Force!

The next war could be the universe against us. There are several possible adversaries. Here are a few.

1. The Sun - Giant Solar Flare.
    2. The Earth - Major Yellowstone Eruption.
    3. Outer Solar System - Meteor, Asteroid, Comet.*
    4. Tiny invaders - Viruses or some such. - Oh, wait... Never mind.

*As foretold in one of my favorite bad movies, Night of the Comet.

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    The next war could be the universe against us. There are several possible adversaries. Here are a few.

1. The Sun - Giant Solar Flare.
    2. The Earth - Major Yellowstone Eruption.
    3. Outer Solar System - Meteor, Asteroid, Comet.*
    4. Tiny invaders - Viruses or some such. - Oh, wait... Never mind.

Stop giving 2020 ideas!

-jk

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post

Quote Originally Posted by -jk View Post
    Stop giving 2020 ideas!

-jk
    The worst outcome of that apocalypse is the return of 80's fashion.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."