Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Pretty amazing that ESPN has 6 vs 3 then 2 vs 4 back-to-back. A virtual final four.

Phoenix goes down

Elon (seeded 8th in the Colonial Athletic tournament) saw an end to their improbable march to the NCAA Tournament with a 63-56 loss to Drexel in the championship game.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401301950

They were not able to join the other North Carolina teams that have so far qualified for the NCAA Tournament -- App State and UNC-G.

Just watched the first BIG TEN Tourney game: Ohio State v. Michigan.
    Super game: 68-67--felt like a Final Four.

It was my first live watch of a Big Ten game all season.

It was a much more physical game compared to all the ACC games I've seen this year.

For those who have seen more games, was this physical play comparable to what you saw this year ?

I have been watching Creighton vs Georgetown. I know others have commented on the fact that Alex doesn’t seem to get more PT than he did at Duke, and his stats are not impressive, but he sure is hustling! I don’t remember noticing that he worked this hard on the court while at Duke. Maybe it’s just that, in this game, I have been completely focused on him when he is on the court, which I was not when I watched him play for Duke.. But it seems like he is working so much harder than he did for us.

Here we go again with the front page saying any results of this year deserve an asterisk.

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...vils-acc-covid

I honestly find this reprehensible. We all know that if Duke was undefeated and moving towards a national championship that this site would be screaming the exact opposite from the hilltops. All programs are playing under the same conditions. If your program, for whatever reason, did not protect itself from this virus or practice/develop as well as another, that is no reason to denigrate the seasons and accomplishments of others. Besides which, luck is always a huge factor in who wins a one-and-done tournament. Rarely does the best or most deserving (whatever that means) team win it all. I really wish they would stop with this nonsense (though I also know how little they care about what I think).

Quote Originally Posted by Tooold View Post
    I have been watching Creighton vs Georgetown. I know others have commented on the fact that Alex doesn’t seem to get more PT than he did at Duke, and his stats are not impressive, but he sure is hustling! I don’t remember noticing that he worked this hard on the court while at Duke. Maybe it’s just that, in this game, I have been completely focused on him when he is on the court, which I was not when I watched him play for Duke.. But it seems like he is working so much harder than he did for us.
    I've been watching some of it also and to update anyone who doesn't want to bother looking it up, Alex and Co. are getting absolutley waxed 52-23.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Here we go again with the front page saying any results of this year deserve an asterisk.

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...vils-acc-covid

I honestly find this reprehensible. We all know that if Duke was undefeated and moving towards a national championship that this site would be screaming the exact opposite from the hilltops. All programs are playing under the same conditions. If your program, for whatever reason, did not protect itself from this virus or practice/develop as well as another, that is no reason to denigrate the seasons and accomplishments of others. Besides which, luck is always a huge factor in who wins a one-and-done tournament. Rarely does the best or most deserving (whatever that means) team win it all. I really wish they would stop with this nonsense (though I also know how little they care about what I think).
    I agree. This year is particularly non-traditional, but every year there are circumstances that influence the outcome of the season that make it not predictable. Injuries. Deaths in the family. Bad calls. The exception is the rule. It stinks when it works against you but it is great when it helps you. Though people tend to have a hard time admitting when it worked in their favor. You can mentally question the legitimacy of something but to formally asterisk it is a bit much, while at the same time it accomplishes nothing.

On a largely unrelated note, for those who are holding out hope of Duke making the tournament, Georgetown winning the Big East Tournament just significantly reduced the odds of that happening.