Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Arizona just self-imposed a 1-year tourney ban as it tries to pretend like it really is concerned about what happened during the Adidas scandal.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Arizona just self-imposed a 1-year tourney ban as it tries to pretend like it really is concerned about what happened during the Adidas scandal.

They should have retroactively banned themselves for 2020 tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    I checked the front page after your context-free first post, then checked it again after your link-free second post. No luck. Finally, on a third attempt, I found this article after noticing that Gonzaga was the 15th word in the headline. Please include a link next time, especially when you think the article is important enough to start a thread about it.

I agree with your general point, and would add that asterisks in sports are pretty stupid. If the cheating Patriots and Tarheels are allowed to keep their championships, anything goes.
    You had to read 15 words? Apologies.

I checked the front page after your context-free first post, then checked it again after your link-free second post. No luck. Finally, on a third attempt, I found this article after noticing that Gonzaga was the 15th word in the headline. Please include a link next time, especially when you think the article is important enough to start a thread about it.

I agree with your general point, and would add that asterisks in sports are pretty stupid. If the cheating Patriots and Tarheels are allowed to keep their championships, anything goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    The struggle wasn't reading the headline "ACC Roundup - Louisville Beats Kentucky, But Ugly And Ugly Doesn’t Begin To Describe What Gonzaga Did To Virginia," but in trying to make sense of your point. Now I realize that understanding you by retracing your steps is not worth the effort.

Apology accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

Kentucky should do this too for an "infraction to be discovered later." Might as well get one in the bank.

The only live game I have available on tv right now is Michigan v. Maryland. As if 2020 couldn’t suck more.

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Not everyone reads the front page, despite undoubtedly quality content. It would be a courtesy to provide the context or link.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    The only live game I have available on tv right now is Michigan v. Maryland. As if 2020 couldn’t suck more.
    Consider yourself blessed. I watched the Knicks starters go 0-23 from three and the whole team went 3-36 from three. It was ugly. Also Austin Rivers first game - makes me feel old (and question the announcer's wisdom) to hear the announcer (not Clyde Frazier - a different one) say that Rivers will add "veteran leadership."

No. 8 Texas just took no. 3 Kansas to the woodshed and won by 25.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    No. 8 Texas just took no. 3 Kansas to the woodshed and won by 25.
    In Allen Field House

Now that Duke-FSU has been canceled, the Gonzaga-USF game was moved up to the 8:00/5:00 time slot on ESPN2. It's a good opportunity for East Coast folks to see high level WCC competition in prime time.

Boston University and Holy Cross will be playing a men's basketball game tomorrow at BU where both teams are wearing masks. BU has mandated this for all home games. It will be interesting to see if they enforce (and who enforces) that the masks are worn properly, i.e. covering both the mouth and nose rather than just the mouth. I assume this applies to referees as well.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...s-tuesday-game

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Boston University and Holy Cross will be playing a men's basketball game tomorrow at BU where both teams are wearing masks. BU has mandated this for all home games. It will be interesting to see if they enforce (and who enforces) that the masks are worn properly, i.e. covering both the mouth and nose rather than just the mouth. I assume this applies to referees as well.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...s-tuesday-game
    What's odd is that BU played Holy Cross this afternoon @ Holy Cross. In today's game, the BU players wore masks but the Holy Cross players didn't. Tomorrow's game is @ BU and both teams will be wearing masks.

By the way, I mentioned earlier that the Patriot league is thinking outside the box with regards to scheduling. All conference games consist of back-to-back games featuring the same two teams at a single location (or a 2-day home and away series where travel is limited). This not only cuts down on the number of road trips, but should also reduce the number of games that get cancelled/postponed. In other words, if Duke and Notre Dame were OK to play on Dec 16, the odds are pretty good they would have been OK to play on Dec 17. Who knows where each team will be COVID-wise when they are currently scheduled to play on Feb 9.

Quote Originally Posted by House P View Post
    What's odd is that BU played Holy Cross this afternoon @ Holy Cross. In today's game, the BU players wore masks but the Holy Cross players didn't. Tomorrow's game is @ BU and both teams will be wearing masks.

By the way, I mentioned earlier that the Patriot league is thinking outside the box with regards to scheduling. All conference games consist of back-to-back games featuring the same two teams at a single location (or a 2-day home and away series where travel is limited). This not only cuts down on the number of road trips, but should also reduce the number of games that get cancelled/postponed. In other words, if Duke and Notre Dame were OK to play on Dec 16, the odds are pretty good they would have been OK to play on Dec 17. Who knows where each team will be COVID-wise when they are currently scheduled to play on Feb 9.
    America East is doing this as well, all games are a two game series at one location, back to back...last weekend Albany played at Vermont Saturday and Sunday, next weekend Vermont goes to Binghamton for games Sat and Sun.

Gonzaga and Baylor are the best teams I have watched. Illinois kicked Duke's arse. Have no idea what this team will be like in March.Texas and Kansas and Iowa look good as well.

Michigan has placed all its athletic teams on hiatus for 2 weeks due to a variant of the virus being in the athletic dept. Next 4 games cancelled. Tough break for the Wolverines who are playing out of sight. Hopefully will just be the 2 weeks and they can resume the roll they’re on.

Crazy run for #24 Oklahoma. Beat #9 Kansas last Saturday, won at #5 Texas on Tuesday, and just beat #9 Alabama today.

Next up: at #10 Texas Tech on Monday.

Tennessee beat Kansas by 19 today. Kansas has lost 4 of their last 5 games. Seems to me like their National ranking (they were 15th last week) should be suffering a bit more than it has thus far.

Crazy run for #24 Oklahoma. Beat #9 Kansas last Saturday, won at #5 Texas on Tuesday, and just beat #9 Alabama today.

Next up: at #10 Texas Tech on Monday.
    Yes those scores were a delight. hoo and nole getting beat, too. Good times!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Gonzaga and Baylor are the best teams I have watched...
    If the pandemic gets worse, just have these two play, hand out the trophy and I'll be fine with it.
    Last edited by -jk; 01-31-2021 at 11:15 AM. Reason: fix quote tag