Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    He looks a video game on easy mode.
    He does!

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Steph Curry making 105 threes in a row in practice is the best thing I’ve seen this year. The list of things I could do 105 times in a row without making a mistake is vanishingly small.

https://warriorswire.usatoday.com/20...rees-in-a-row/
    I was playing a ton the last few years. 2 leagues, plus with my teenage son a lot and games at the Y and at a local church. I am mid 40s, but a good shooter. I was shooting 25 3s everyday for years from 5 spots on the court (125 total). Could usually hit 18-21 of them from each spot. AND I NEVER SNIFFED EVEN 30 IN A ROW!!!!! I once hit 24 in row and was so excited. This is legitimately insane. Honestly, I think he is better than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I know it’s only been a couple of games, but I don’t think Kyrie has ever looked better. His handle is so spectacular that it looks like he’s got the ball on a string; he is completely unguardable.
    He does. But he will get hurt like he does every other season.

Quote Originally Posted by kshepinthehouse View Post
    Too soon

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I was playing a ton the last few years. 2 leagues, plus with my teenage son a lot and games at the Y and at a local church. I am mid 40s, but a good shooter. I was shooting 25 3s everyday for years from 5 spots on the court (125 total). Could usually hit 18-21 of them from each spot. AND I NEVER SNIFFED EVEN 30 IN A ROW!!!!! I once hit 24 in row and was so excited. This is legitimately insane. Honestly, I think he is better than I am.
    Lol.
    I was also a good shooter in my prime. Best I ever remember doing was 48 consecutive made free throws. From long distance I could make about 80% from the corner most of the time. I don't think I ever made more than ten in a row, though. When I was stationed at Fort Oed in the Army they had a shooting contest. 25 free throws and 25 threes (these had to be from all over and we were not allowed to shoot even two in a row from the same spot). I ended up winning both contests. Made 22 or 23 of the free throws. I think I only made 15 or 16 of the threes, but it was better than anybody else could muster, so I won.

Good thing I never had to make a living playing basketball...

Ahhh yes, but what sheer genius on the court when healthy. Enjoy his brilliance whenever you can for as long as it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Lol.
    I was also a good shooter in my prime. Best I ever remember doing was 48 consecutive made free throws. From long distance I could make about 80% from the corner most of the time. I don't think I ever made more than ten in a row, though. When I was stationed at Fort Oed in the Army they had a shooting contest. 25 free throws and 25 threes (these had to be from all over and we were not allowed to shoot even two in a row from the same spot). I ended up winning both contests. Made 22 or 23 of the free throws. I think I only made 15 or 16 of the threes, but it was better than anybody else could muster, so I won.

Good thing I never had to make a living playing basketball...
    At basketball camp one year I hit 98 out of 100 and lost to my brother who hit 99 to win the camp title. Sigh...

Ahhh yes, but what sheer genius on the court when healthy. Enjoy his brilliance whenever you can for as long as it lasts.
    It’s probably blasphemous to say on here but I don’t really like him. His brilliance is in his game, unfortunately not in his brain.

It’s probably blasphemous to say on here but I don’t really like him. His brilliance is in his game, unfortunately not in his brain.
    Well, I don’t wish to speculate about Kyrie’s brain right now. Besides, I was specifically referring to his on-court brilliance, which is undeniable.

Not blasphemous, but not very kind in my opinion. Enough people outside the family will attack and pile on, but we shouldn’t shoot our own.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Not blasphemous, but not very kind in my opinion. Enough people outside the family will attack and pile on, but we shouldn’t shoot our own.
    He seems to be fair game on this board. I don't know if it is his very short and disappointing tenure at Duke, or his pseudo-intellectualism that he espouses. But the cat is definitely on a very very short list of athletes that have spent time at Duke.

Never a whiff of off-court issues, tons of charitable work, absurd handles, and a Duke player with a ring. I will have his back.

The Mavs beat the Clippers by 50, which seems worthy of mention (especially by me since I think the Clips will regress this season and of the mind this single game result proves it!!!)

TBF, Leonard is out and I hope he's on the mend after taking a nasty friendly fire elbow last game.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    The Mavs beat the Clippers by 50, which seems worthy of mention (especially by me since I think the Clips will regress this season and of the mind this single game result proves it!!!)

TBF, Leonard is out and I hope he's on the mend after taking a nasty friendly fire elbow last game.
    By 51 - have to give'm credit for expanding their halftime lead by 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    He seems to be fair game on this board. I don't know if it is his very short and disappointing tenure at Duke, or his pseudo-intellectualism that he espouses. But the cat is definitely on a very very short list of athletes that have spent time at Duke.

Never a whiff of off-court issues, tons of charitable work, absurd handles, and a Duke player with a ring. I will have his back.
    Good. I will too.

You may as well throw the results out the window with Leonard out. It would be like the Bucks without Antetokounmpo or the Lakers without James.

You may as well throw the results out the window with Leonard out. It would be like the Bucks without Antetokounmpo or the Lakers without James.
    Don't think either of those teams would lose by 50 though...

It's a weird day for NBA results in general. The "Don't Jinx It" thread would explode if we used it for the NBA tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    Don't think either of those teams would lose by 50 though...
    50 is a big number. In fact, the Clippers’ 50-point halftime deficit was the most a team has been outscored in any two-quarter span (first or second half) in the NBA’s shot clock era.

That kind of loss can really mess with a teams' head or be a powerful motivator. No matter how it plays out, they'll be thinking about it a lot.

50 is a big number. In fact, the Clippers’ 50-point halftime deficit was the most a team has been outscored in any two-quarter span (first or second half) in the NBA’s shot clock era.

That kind of loss can really mess with a teams' head or be a powerful motivator. No matter how it plays out, they'll be thinking about it a lot.
    Really? I think these guys are pros used to long NBA seasons where you have to "next play" the losses, even the bad ones.

Overall, I think the Clips are okay with a 2-1 record against a schedule to begin the season of @Lakers, @Nuggets, Mavs.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Really? I think these guys are pros used to long NBA seasons where you have to "next play" the losses, even the bad ones.

Overall, I think the Clips are okay with a 2-1 record against a schedule to begin the season of @Lakers, @Nuggets, Mavs.
    Sure, they’re professionals and they got here by being ultra-competitive. Having one of the worst losses in NBA history hung on you will hurt...especially as they get reminded of it ad nauseum on social media and by the media. It was exceptionally bad, not a run of the mill thumping (otherwise I’d agree with you).