Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Have you heard of our Degenerates contest, Cam? It's a lotta fun...

You should join: https://forums.dukebasketballreport...cking-contestv
    Thanks, I joined up.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Thanks, I joined up.
    That is the preseason contest... we will be opening the ACC regular season contest in the next day or so... to capture the many ACC conference games being played starting this week.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Wildcats looked good.
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Wildcats looked good.
    1 - 6

Too many unknowns for my Hoos to make any kind of reliable prediction. I kind of know what to expect from Clark/Huff, but soooo many new pieces playing major MAJOR roles. Hauser, Murphy, Beekman just don't have nearly enough minutes in the pack line to be reliable in their rotations/assignments. Morsell and Woldetensae are a little more experienced, but both can be turnover/mistake prone.

If all our guys play up to their potential, this game is a toss up. If the major contributors (Hauser/Murphy) just play up to potential, we have a good shot. Failing that though (which is more what's expected by me), Zags win by prob 2-4 possessions.

I'm excited for UVA/Zags. I expect a good game.

Virginia getting the doors blown off early. 18-5 Zags. Sheesh.

Yikes- haven't seen my hoos look so tenative/soft in a big game since... i can't even remember when. We've been beaten by superior athletes and talent before, but this is more than that. Guys (excepting maybe Clark) look unfocused, uncompetitive, and kinda soft early.

And that's obviously what Bennett thought too. Guys came out of timeout much more aggressive. We might not be able to beat Zags, but at least compete, sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wahoo2000 View Post
    And that's obviously what Bennett thought too. Guys came out of timeout much more aggressive. We might not be able to beat Zags, but at least compete, sheesh.
    Good timeout by Tony.

Guys came out intense defensively. Long way to go.

Gonzaga can flat out shoot and pass the rock. I’m impressed so far. They are the real deal it appears to me. They look like they could have a long dance in March.

Huff out w/ 2 fouls and Clark making wild turnovers. Our 2 most reliable players being non-factors, and all of the new guys just arent good enough in the pack line yet to limit a team with the offensive prowess of Gonzaga. Virginia might be able to compete with this Zags team once they have another 15-20 games under their belt, but right now, this one is a laugher.

wildcats looked good...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Virginia made a 7-0 run to end the half to close within 13, but it will take MAJOR sharpening of the defense and ball-security aspects to make it an actual game in the 2nd half. I don't think my Hoos are there yet from an experience/chemistry standpoint, but I like the players we have to work with. Bennett will need to engineer another meteoric rise in the D and team chemistry over Jan/Feb(like last year) to make this team a contender in March. Right now, we look like a R32ish team, but totally believe we will be much better than that come March.

Good ending to the half for Virginia.

44-31 Zags at the half.

The Zags were -7.5 to -9 by Vegas in most spots I checked today. I’ll be shocked if they don’t cover it at this juncture. Their offense is good. Hanging 44 in a half on Virginia is pretty rare.

How many games would this Gonzaga team win in the ACC in the 2020-2021 season with no fans during road games? Virginia is the best defense they’d face and they hung 44 on them in a half. I think the Zags would win 15+ games in the ACC this season, maybe 16-17.

I haven’t seen Virginia get this dismantled since the 2018 NCAA Tournament against UMBC.

62-40 Zags with 15 mins to go.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    I haven’t seen Virginia get this dismantled since the 2018 NCAA Tournament against UMBC.

62-40 Zags with 15 mins to go.
    Yeah it's bad. This D is not only not a top 5 defense, it's not a top 20-25 defense right now. Even if we were playing our best on D though, Zags were prob too much today. It was kinda a combo of a)Zags being noticeably better than us anyway, and b)them having a better game than usual by their standards AND us being worse than usual.

Yeah it's bad. This D is not only not a top 5 defense, it's not a top 20-25 defense right now. Even if we were playing our best on D though, Zags were prob too much today. It was kinda a combo of a)Zags being noticeably better than us anyway, and b)them having a better game than usual by their standards AND us being worse than usual.
    Well, that was impressive.
    Zags are to be reckonned with!

Yeah, the Zags made me a believer today. It was a clinic offensively for them. Virginia isn’t as good this year defensively as they have been in years past but Gonzaga is darn near unstoppable offensively. Today they shot 10-20 from 3 and had 26 assists on 35 made field goals. They can flat out shoot and pass the rock. Kispert is a beast. Hauser was kind of off for Virginia today. Huff got into a little bit of foul trouble. I’d like to see Virginia this season without so many breaks in playing due to Covid. It will be hard to judge them or really most teams this year in such a weird, disjointed season. But make no mistake about it, Gonzaga is the truth. They would give any ACC team a loss I think.

Zags are a scoring machine. Wow.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide