Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    there are no quarantine policies in place in NC for OOS travelers. Now, what additional restrictions the team and university might place on them, I don't know.

I have a hard time believing they would have had the team fly back today and play on tuesday...I wonder if they asked players to celebrate christmas in the days after they cancelled our other games in order that they could get back and at least have time for negative tests, quarantine while waiting for results, and then a practice or two before the game.
    Per the news that came out when K said they were going home, they were due back on campus the 24th for testing and quarantine. My question is did everyone come back?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Any update

on Jalen’s foot?
    Windy City Devil

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    on Jalen’s foot?
    you must be new to duke basketball injuries
    April 1

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilStop View Post
    Hoping this is the game Moore snaps out of his funk.
    There was a song in the 60's by Dusty Springfield "Wishin and Hopin"
    Moore may snap out of it,but maybe he should be last option on offense. Play defense and be like a Billy King or Brian Davis. He has no great stroke and is a poor decision maker when he has the ball. Like to be proven wrong,but our guards need to let other players score.Moore has to work on his shooting,his handle and his passing.

Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    you must be new to duke basketball injuries
    In summary Duke is without Johnson. While our Ô looked better vs ND the truth probably is that we improved some but they are BAD on D. They are the worst D in the ACC

Pitt is the reverse of ND - ND is kenpom 20 in offense but a horrid 180 ranked on D. Pitt is quite the opposite - 127ranked on O but ranked 41 on D which is quite good. Now the kicker is they are missing both Jeff Capel at coach but more importantly Champaigne (sp). He has been putting up 20 pts n 20 rebounds a game recently. That’s a killer for them. He is truly great. And when added to the other guards they have a starting guard trio that is top three in league probably - Champaigne plus Toney plus Xavier. They just don’t have much inside I don’t think. Without Champaigne the 127 ranked offense is going to be sub 150 I would think

They do have stable of guards as thee guys are all soph and junior

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJ10 View Post
    Any update on Jalen’s foot?
    Nope. Remember, during and after the Notre Dame game (December 16th), the coaches got out the word that Jalen's going to be reevaluated in 2-3 weeks.

So the earliest we could hear is December 30th but I suspect it's going to be closer to January 6th.

My guess is a stress fracture. (Not an M.D.)

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    There was a song in the 60's by Dusty Springfield "Wishin and Hopin"
    Moore may snap out of it,but maybe he should be last option on offense. Play defense and be like a Billy King or Brian Davis. He has no great stroke and is a poor decision maker when he has the ball. Like to be proven wrong,but our guards need to let other players score.Moore has to work on his shooting,his handle and his passing.
    Disagree with that. Steward and Roach can be -- and seem to be in the process of becoming -- efficient scorers.

I think Hurt should be the fulcrum of the offense, though.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Per the news that came out when K said they were going home, they were due back on campus the 24th for testing and quarantine. My question is did everyone come back?
    I suspect this question is whether Jalen is back and apparently he is back in Durham.

NEWS: Tomorrow’s game vs. Pittsburgh has been postponed due to a positive COVID-19 test within the Pitt program.

From official Duke Men’s Basketball Twitter account.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    NEWS: Tomorrow’s game vs. Pittsburgh has been postponed due to a positive COVID-19 test within the Pitt program.
    https://twitter.com/DukeMBB/status/1343655469764763648
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Very disappointed! I need some Duke Men’s Basketball in my life! But get well soon Pitt! Coach Capel I know had tested positive too. Grrrrrrrrr

what with all the clever Christmas week travel we've had in the country, we probably should expect more of this.

Incredibly frustrating. And now Duke is going to go 2 1/2 weeks between games before having to travel to Florida State this Saturday. What a tough way to end a tough year. Here's to better and brighter days in 2021!

Will postponed ACC games get rescheduled? Is it possible enough will get postponed that eventually league games will get cancelled?

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Will postponed ACC games get rescheduled? Is it possible enough will get postponed that eventually league games will get cancelled?
    Based on the women opting out, I'm beginning to think that we don't see the men play again this year either.

and honestly without Champagnie this would have been a very winnable game for Duke - one I hope we can at least play on the flip side in a few weeks and hopefully both times. We may need all the ACC wins we can get..

so far Miami, BC, Pitt (without Champagnie) , Wake.. maybe GTEch? look like the easier teams

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Based on the women opting out, I'm beginning to think that we don't see the men play again this year either.
    Geez. Depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Is this a "new year starts in four days" joke? Or just a prediction for the 2020-2021 season?

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Is this a "new year starts in four days" joke? Or just a prediction for the 2020-2021 season?

Asking for a friend.
    I obviously have no inside information, but K already said that we needed to reassess playing this season, COVID rates are only going up and the women cancelled the season. It just seems inevitable to me.