Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Probably about the same. His hair might be a little longer.
    Didn’t Goodman say his ‘source’ saw Jalen at the barbershop when he was calling out Jalen for not being injured??

His hair could be slightly shorter!!

Yes, or

Quote Originally Posted by DukeBlue666s View Post
    Didn’t Goodman say his ‘source’ saw Jalen at the barbershop when he was calling out Jalen for not being injured??

His hair could be slightly shorter!!
    His hair could be perfect. (Apologies to Warren Zevon.)

It will be nice to get Jalen back but expectations should probably be tempered. He was not playing all that well before he went out with the injury and was a foul machine. Even if some of his issues were the result of the injury, he has not played for a while. I hope he proves me wrong but somehow I doubt he will.

Quote Originally Posted by golfinesquire View Post
    It will be nice to get Jalen back but expectations should probably be tempered. He was not playing all that well before he went out with the injury and was a foul machine. Even if some of his issues were the result of the injury, he has not played for a while. I hope he proves me wrong but somehow I doubt he will.
    This isn’t 2020 anymore ... let’s have some optimism! He’s gonna come back like Ryan Kelly did against ... Miami?! Dude went perfect from the field yelling “I’m on fire!!” to the bench after his 3rd made 3 in a row.

My expectations are pretty low as well. Other than our very first game (which feels like a lifetime ago) Johnson has struggled to adjust to the college game. Being out for a month is only going to set him back even further. I like that he'll provide us some depth, size, and positional versatility. But his return also reintroduces the question of how to play him, Hurt and Moore at the same time when all three are best suited at the 4. That was the big question prior to his injury. Ideally Moore would be able to play the 3, his physical makeup would lead me to believe that's his best position and it would allow our three smaller guards to rotate at the PG and SG positions. But we were just starting to form our identity and now will need to readjust, which isn't a bad thing in the long term but may not be an immediate leap forward for the team.

This isn’t 2020 anymore ... let’s have some optimism! He’s gonna come back like Ryan Kelly did against ... Miami?! Dude went perfect from the field yelling “I’m on fire!!” to the bench after his 3rd made 3 in a row.
    I think what he actually yelled was, "I still got it!" but my lip reading skills aren't perfect so I can't say for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    I think what he actually yelled was, "I still got it!" but my lip reading skills aren't perfect so I can't say for sure.
    That’s what I recall as well. He wasn’t literally perfect from the field, but did have an amazing game. Wouldn’t mind Johnson doing the same

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    My expectations are pretty low as well. Other than our very first game (which feels like a lifetime ago) Johnson has struggled to adjust to the college game. Being out for a month is only going to set him back even further. I like that he'll provide us some depth, size, and positional versatility. But his return also reintroduces the question of how to play him, Hurt and Moore at the same time when all three are best suited at the 4. That was the big question prior to his injury. Ideally Moore would be able to play the 3, his physical makeup would lead me to believe that's his best position and it would allow our three smaller guards to rotate at the PG and SG positions. But we were just starting to form our identity and now will need to readjust, which isn't a bad thing in the long term but may not be an immediate leap forward for the team.
    My eye test saw the same things you did regarding Johnson. He seemed unsure of himself in the role he was put in. On top of not performing well, he got into early foul trouble in games and Coach K had to take him out for most of the first half. I think Coach K said JJ doesn't have the flexibility yet. If that's the case, I hope he doesn't play against VT.

GoDuke!
    Last edited by jv001; 01-12-2021 at 07:20 AM. Reason: change post

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    My eye test saw the same things you did regarding Johnson. He seemed unsure of himself in the role he was put in. On top of not performing well, he got into early foul trouble in games and Coach K had to take him out for most of the first half. I think Coach K said JJ doesn't have the flexibility yet. If that's the case, I hope he doesn't play against VT.

GoDuke!
    I think the flexibility comment was about Tapé.
    Last edited by -jk; 01-12-2021 at 12:10 PM. Reason: If your keyboard doesn't have an easy é, add an apostrophe(') after Tape for DBR to autocorrect to Tapé

I think the flexibility comment was about Tape.
    Thanks, it's too early in the morning for me to be reading stuff.

GoDuke!

No High Expectations

K is so conservative with big men who suffer foot injuries (anyone really) and I don't see Johnson getting major minutes tonight. I'd love to see it, though, because the kid has special talent. Perhaps having to come together as a team without him will benefit us now and later in the season. Duke usually starts incredibly fast and ends slower. Let's hope we begin to build on what's happened, and finish strong!

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    His hair could be perfect. (Apologies to Warren Zevon.)
    Nice

I still got it !

Yep. " I've still got it!" And he yelled it to the crazies.
    Love, Ima

Double foul is the dumbest of all calls

Duke cut it to one with Hurt’s hot hand. Then Moore and Goldwire shot quick 3’s and the momentum is gone. That will basically be the story of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Duke cut it to one with Hurt’s hot hand. Then Moore and Goldwire shot quick 3’s and the momentum is gone. That will basically be the story of this one.
    Oops. Wrong thread 😀

Quote Originally Posted by jipops View Post
    Double foul is the dumbest of all calls
    If the ref (looking right at them) had called the original foul-no problem