Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    He needs to totally stay off of it (I am not a doctor). I know he wants to support the team, but he should not be traveling to Indiana tonight to sit on the bench and cheer. He should be staying in Durham (or with his family), off his feet and doing treatments. Historically our players with these types of injuries have traveled with the team, and I have never understood it. I know that they have casts/boots/crutches/etc., but just stay off it as much as possible. And he should have been doing so in the time leading up to him being declared unable to play. It is just common sense.
    Elevation, Elevation Elevation!

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Duke injury jargon is studiedly vague. "Indefinite" can mean loss of one game or loss of the season. Putting on my Pollyanna psyche, while examining the schedule -- I can go with, "His foot has a lingering injury that requires rest. He can skip the Notre Dame game and resume with the regular schedule on December 29. He will have two weeks off before the Boston College game on December 29."

On the other hand, Zion was out for three weeks, which seemed like three months. We waited for Kyrie for three months, which seemed like three years..
    The #1 jersey is clearly cursed. Kyrie, Zion, and now Jalen all injured during their only season at Duke. Harry Giles and Jabari Parker also had extensive issues with injuries outside of their time at Duke. Perhaps Vernon was lucky the 2020 post season got cancelled. Let's get rid of #1.

Quote Originally Posted by kAzE View Post
    The #1 jersey is clearly cursed. Kyrie, Zion, and now Jalen all injured during their only season at Duke. Harry Giles and Jabari Parker also had extensive issues with injuries outside of their time at Duke. Perhaps Vernon was lucky the 2020 post season got cancelled. Let's get rid of #1.
    We're #1.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    If somebody would stay long enough wearing #1 at this talent level, we would retire the number.

Do we have a team Metatarsal Badge or something we give out?

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Not sure what people think of Jeff Goodman, but he tweeted something very odd about Jalen vaguely stating there was “more going on behind the scenes”: https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/sta...068187136?s=21

For someone who at least appears to be a legit sports journalist, this seems like a very out of left field statement, especially with no context or exposition. Yet another reason why despise the effects of Twitter on journalism...
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Not sure what people think of Jeff Goodman, but he tweeted something very odd about Jalen vaguely stating there was “more going on behind the scenes”: https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/sta...068187136?s=21

For someone who at least appears to be a legit sports journalist, this seems like a very out of left field statement, especially with no context or exposition. Yet another reason why despise the effects of Twitter on journalism...
    Maybe “out of left field,” but why do you assume that it’s not true? Didn’t something strange happen with Jalen and his final year of high school?

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Maybe “out of left field,” but why do you assume that it’s not true? Didn’t something strange happen with Jalen and his final year of high school?
    Didn’t say I assumed one way or the other, just that it’s bad journalistic form to make such a strong statement without providing any evidence or reporting in support.

Didn’t say I assumed one way or the other, just that it’s bad journalistic form to make such a strong statement without providing any evidence or reporting in support.
    Scott, you would no better than me. But, is Jeff Goodman a journalist or a purveyor of rumors? I think the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Scott, you would no better than me. But, is Jeff Goodman a journalist or a purveyor of rumors? I think the latter.
    Well, when your brother owns Globo-gym, I'm sure you pick up a lot of juicy whispers.
    April 1

Are Twitter posts journalism?

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Are Twitter posts journalism?
    ⓘ This claim has been disputed by multiple sources

I would definitely classify him as more of the latter too. But alas, he still merits a certain amount of respect in CBB circles to get legit interviews, platforms, etc. Just so frustrating.

Nope

Goodman is one of the best in the business....hands down.

The guy is extremely passionate about cbb and has extensive contacts throughout the industry as evidenced by is track record over the last 20 years.

He literally tracks every transfer in cbb every year which itself is a labor of love.

He's not some dude on barstool.

Quote Originally Posted by amusedcupcake View Post
    ⓘ This claim has been disputed by multiple sources
    The new-found taste for IPAs at work?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    Nope

Goodman is one of the best in the business...hands down.

The guy is extremely passionate about cbb and has extensive contacts throughout the industry as evidenced by is track record over the last 20 years.

He literally tracks every transfer in cbb every year which itself is a labor of love.

He's not some dude on barstool.
    Nah, he is engaging in rumor mongering or speculation. He says there is "something more going on" without describing it. Nonsense. If he is a journalist, rather than a click bait alleged expert, he would say what is going on.

Nah, he is engaging in rumor mongering or speculation. He says there is "something more going on" without describing it. Nonsense. If he is a journalist, rather than a click bait alleged expert, he would say what is going on.
    Exactly.

If Goodman has something to say he should say it or don’t say anything at all.

According to some of these pictures, it seems like Jalen is back at practice doing individual work:

https://balldurham.com/2020/12/29/du...-injured-star/

Hopefully that means he'll only miss a couple more games before he's 100% ready to go.

According to some of these pictures, it seems like Jalen is back at practice doing individual work:

https://balldurham.com/2020/12/29/du...-injured-star/

Hopefully that means he'll only miss a couple more games before he's 100% ready to go.
    Good to hear. I hope the entire team doesn’t miss a couple more games...
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

"Per Wendell Moore, Jalen Johnson is around the team and getting closer to returning but has yet to practice."
    https://twitter.com/ArmstrongABC11/s...443947009?s=20