Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Jalen Johnson out indefinitely with a foot injury

https://es.pn/2KxIRP1

Unfortunately feels all too familiar

It's... (not gonna say it).

Welp... I guess he really was the right choice to wear that #1 jersey after all.

At least Duke has depth at the position. And I could see this benefitting a few players, like Wendell Moore in particular. He really thrived as a small-ball 4 man and could get more favorable matchups on offense because of this. This could mean more minutes for Brakefield and Coleman, too.

Ok, starting lineup predictions:

Goldwire, Roach, Steward, Hurt, and Williams.

May seem unconventional with 3 PG-sized players but I think K wants better ball movement.

Jason “Goldwire is absolutely starting because K will want him on Prentiss Hubb” Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Mother punk sucker. Hopefully it’s only a few weeks. At least it’s over the break - anyone know how long he is out - any knowledge ??

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Mother punk sucker
    I think I agree.

Indefinitely ...

Anyone think we will see Jalen Johnson play basketball in a Duke uniform again?

Nikes man ...

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I think I agree.
    Lol. Well played

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Indefinitely ...

Nikes man ...
    Well... Grayson’s “indefinite” suspension was all of 1 game. So I take “indefinitely” with Cautious optimism. At least it’s not like it was 2-4 weeks... Or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by gep View Post
    Well... Grayson’s “indefinite” suspension was all of 1 game. So I take “indefinitely” with Cautious optimism. At least it’s not like it was 2-4 weeks... Or something similar.
    I hope Johnson’s indefinite period being out with injury is the same length of time as Grayson’s indefinite period of suspension for tripping the Elon player.

I hope Johnson’s indefinite period being out with injury is the same length of time as Grayson’s indefinite period of suspension for tripping the Elon player.
    Is that what happened? Did Grayson trip Jalen? Damn!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Indefinitely ...

Nikes man ...
    If Nikes were the problem, 75% of NCAA teams would have similar injuries every year. It’s something, but I’d put the footgear way down the line.

No reason to put a timetable on it now, we know he’s not playing tomorrow and then the whole team will be taking an extended break. This stinks to have a setback especially during a season in which nothing is guaranteed, every game and every practice matters even more so than usual. In the short term I guess this solves the dilemma of how to play Johnson and Hurt together while still getting a big onto the floor. Other guys will need to step up, and by other guys I mean Wendell Moore.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    If Nikes were the problem, 75% of NCAA teams would have similar injuries every year. It’s something, but I’d put the footgear way down the line.
    Yeah, I kind of made that comment tongue in cheek. I still think about Zion blowing out his Nike vs Carolina in 2019 and how it set that team back and disrupted their flow and chemistry. It still bothers me sometimes.

Didn’t realize 75% of the NCAA wore Nikes. Just in the ACC, I can think of several non Nike shoe wearing teams: Louisville (Adidas), Miami (Adidas), Notre Dame (Under Armour), Georgia Tech (Adidas), North Carolina State (Adidas), and Boston College (Under Armour). That’s 6/15 in the ACC (40%) that don’t wear Nike. 60% of the ACC wears Nike including of course Carolina who wears Jordan brand.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    No reason to put a timetable on it now, we know he’s not playing tomorrow and then the whole team will be taking an extended break. This stinks to have a setback especially during a season in which nothing is guaranteed, every game and every practice matters even more so than usual. In the short term I guess this solves the dilemma of how to play Johnson and Hurt together while still getting a big onto the floor. Other guys will need to step up, and by other guys I mean Wendell Moore.
    Yea might be overly cautious and buys him some extra recovery time with the extended break. Tre sat briefly last year with a foot ailment around the same time.
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...n?platform=amp

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Agreed. It’s more likely to be chicken sacrifices that are made down the road a bit than the footwear.

But regardless of the reason, it really sucks!

Time for Tapé to be that glue guy.

This might be an opportunity for Wendell to play more at the 4, where his skills are much more valuable than at the 3.

Surprised I haven't already seen a vigil thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Time for Tape to be that glue guy.
    “You must spread comments . . . .”