Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1725
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Watching the Knicks and Pelicans.

Zion is just a freak of nature. How the heck did we not win everything the year that he, Barrett and Reddish played together? Probably a rhetorical question since we know Duke lacked a reliable outside shooter but, still, what an array of talent.
    Zion was just a “baby” when he arrived on campus. That team was loaded with potential talent but talent is just part of the equation. Put sophomore Jones on that team- and perhaps they have a more cohesive unit.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Zion was just a “baby” when he arrived on campus. That team was loaded with potential talent but talent is just part of the equation. Put sophomore Jones on that team- and perhaps they have a more cohesive unit.
    Yeah, you are right. The "what if" game can be played by any major program but I can't help but wonder what if Gary Trent, Jr. had stayed another year. Or what if cool hand Luke Kennard was a senior on that team.

Back to the game. Pelicans are blowing another one. Lonzo Ball simply can't shoot

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Back to the game. Pelicans are blowing another one. Lonzo Ball simply can't shoot
    Pelicans have choked yet another game away. Just the law of probability should’ve given them a couple of more wins out of all these close calls. But they seem to find a way to lose almost every single one of them. It’s just really sad. They definitely have a lack of “clutch” on this team.

It's a one loss and out tournament, I don't think any one player makes that team overwhelming favorites.

Now if it was a best of 5 or 7, then I think that team chances of winning skyrockets.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Pelicans have choked yet another game away. Just the law of probability should’ve given them a couple of more wins out of all these close calls. But they seem to find a way to lose almost every single one of them. It’s just really sad. They definitely have a lack of “clutch” on this team.
    And I have no idea what Lonzo was doing helping off the corner shooter at the end of regulation. And it was Reggie Bullock, which made the game tying three even more annoying.

6. At what point does the coach need to take responsibility? These players did not have a late game "problem" before until this year.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    And I have no idea what Lonzo was doing helping off the corner shooter at the end of regulation. And it was Reggie Bullock, which made the game tying three even more annoying.
    Exactly! Horrible decision by Ball. You can give Rose a layup, but you can’t give up an open 3 in that spot.

Exactly! Horrible decision by Ball. You can give Rose a layup, but you can’t give up an open 3 in that spot.
    As a Knicks fan, I am not unhappy.

Coach Van Gundy was not happy:

Most of that wouldn't have been possible if the Pelicans had first listened to Stan Van Gundy's plan to foul intentionally with a three-point lead, or if once they didn't, Lonzo Ball hadn't cheated off Bullock to help on a driving Rose when a layup wouldn't have hurt.

"We deserved to lose. When you do that, you deserve to lose," Van Gundy said.

"I don't care if you're a senior in high school, you can execute what we were supposed to be doing with 7.8 seconds to go. So no excuse whatsoever."

https://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401307658

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    As a Knicks fan you’ve been mostly unhappy. This was probably long overdue. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    As a Knicks fan you’ve been mostly unhappy. This was probably long overdue. 😊
    Very true. But this has been a good year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Not watching it, but I see by play by play that, up 3, NO let Bullock take a 3 to tie with 2.3 seconds left, and then got the ball to ... Bledsoe for the unsuccessful shot to win in regulations.
    Getting Bledsoe the last shot wasn't a bad call here. He had the hot shooting hand in the 2nd half. Ingram wasn't shooting the ball well and Lonzo forgot how to shoot while he was out injured. Lonzo was inbounding on the side. Zion started on the same side of the floor and Lonzo's defender backed down to cover Zion from the front. Since they doubled up and took away Zion, Bledsoe was probably the next best choice at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Coach Van Gundy was not happy:

"We deserved to lose. When you do that, you deserve to lose," Van Gundy said.

"I don't care if you're a senior in high school, you can execute what we were supposed to be doing with 7.8 seconds to go. So no excuse whatsoever."

https://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401307658
    If he had only added “bad coaching. They didn’t do what I told them to do” he would have perfectly followed the “Roy Williams” press conference model.

You see Zion mention madison square garden was his favorite place to play? other than New orleans. I doubt he sincerely loves playing in new orleans though especially with few fans. I think he was just being a good sport to his team. Hopefully hes looking to get out

Quote Originally Posted by thedukeman View Post
    You see Zion mention madison square garden was his favorite place to play? other than New orleans. I doubt he sincerely loves playing in new orleans though especially with few fans. I think he was just being a good sport to his team. Hopefully hes looking to get out
    Zion will be in NO for at least another couple of years. And won't the Pels then have the ability to match any offer he gets after his 4th year. He could be in NO for quite some time.

Quote Originally Posted by thedukeman View Post
    So am I.

Very true. But this has been a good year so far.
    The Knicks might be the best story of the year. RJ is obviously playing (and shooting!) much better, but Julius Randle deserves a ton of credit. It's remarkable how much he has improved, and I think he's going to make an all-NBA team (probably 3rd team). Props to him. Derrick Rose is also a feel-good story.

Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    The Knicks might be the best story of the year. RJ is obviously playing (and shooting!) much better, but Julius Randle deserves a ton of credit. It's remarkable how much he has improved, and I think he's going to make an all-NBA team (probably 3rd team). Props to him. Derrick Rose is also a feel-good story.
    Agree. And don't forget what leadership and tone/culture can bring - i.e., Thibs as coach. Has instilled a drive and an attention to defense lacking for years. Love RJ (of course) and appreciate the jump from Randle, but I think Thibs should be put into the mix vis a vis the performance so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford Dukie View Post
    Zion will be in NO for at least another couple of years. And won't the Pels then have the ability to match any offer he gets after his 4th year. He could be in NO for quite some time.
    Damn. I can't forgive them after last season. Idk if im remembering correctly but i thought they had a shot to go to the playoffs but instead started benching zion and ruined JJ's career playoff streak. I swore I would never forgive them especially after the lengths the NBA went to get zion into the playoffs

First DBR sneakerhead with some Zion 1s will be the coolest DBRer
    https://news.nike.com/news/zion-will...s-release-date