Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 1459
  1. #1361
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Picked up Grayson this week for my fantasy team... niiiiice.

    I'm 14-0 on the season and am the talk of my 12-team league. My team is built on the foundation of Zion, Trae Young, and Nicola Jokic but the key to my success has been guys like Donovan Mitchell, Michael Porter Jr, and Jerami Grant who have been consistent big point producers. I have had Mason all year long and he has been a nice performer. I had Bagley until he got hurt. when in doubt, I stream a Dukie like Gary Trent, Grayson, Tyus, or Seth Curry.
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  2. #1362
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    And Grayson, WOW. I continue to believe that he will become a legit starter in the NBA. Nothing I would love more than for him to shut the mouths of all those haters.
    It didn’t hurt that he was matched up against Trae Young‘s team. Those two have legit beef with one another.

  3. #1363
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    RJ Barrett went 6-6 on 3-pointers? Really? That is some impressive shooting. If he could consistently hit near 40% on threes he would become a serious threat when combined with his other talents.

    And Grayson, WOW. I continue to believe that he will become a legit starter in the NBA. Nothing I would love more than for him to shut the mouths of all those haters.
    Grayson had a 40 pt game in his rookie (?) year, and periodically has had excellent games for a role player, but this one was probably his best performance of his career seeing as how it was against a team with whom MEM is fighting for a playoff spot. As for the bolded part, he IS a starter for a potentially playoff-bound team, so i think he has fulfilled your belief!

  4. #1364
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Picked up Grayson this week for my fantasy team... niiiiice.

    I'm 14-0 on the season and am the talk of my 12-team league. My team is built on the foundation of Zion, Trae Young, and Nicola Jokic but the key to my success has been guys like Donovan Mitchell, Michael Porter Jr, and Jerami Grant who have been consistent big point producers. I have had Mason all year long and he has been a nice performer. I had Bagley until he got hurt. when in doubt, I stream a Dukie like Gary Trent, Grayson, Tyus, or Seth Curry.
    If you could get Zion AND Jokic in a 12 team league (not to mention Trae Young), I feel like the other owners have to be asleep at the wheel!

    Nice roster.

  5. #1365
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nashville
    Who would have predicted in 2015 that Grayson Allen, Justise Winslow, and Tyus Jones would end up on the same team in the NBA someday, and that Grayson would be the one that's starting? Grayson, the forgotten guy on the bench that we only turned to in desperation when nothing else was working. I wonder if there's a part of him that takes some satisfaction from that. Not that he has anything against those guys, but just as a sign of how far he's come since his freshman year.

    ETA: just watched his highlights from last night. It's not like Grayson was just hot bombing from three. He scored in a variety of ways, and had some nice drives. Also looks like he was exploiting some pretty lax defense by the Hawks. They looked lethargic.
    Last edited by brlftz; 04-08-2021 at 10:03 AM.

  6. #1366
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Bethesda, MD
    Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    Who would have predicted in 2015 that Grayson Allen, Justise Winslow, and Tyus Jones would end up on the same team in the NBA someday, and that Grayson would be the one that's starting? Grayson, the forgotten guy on the bench that we only turned to in desperation when nothing else was working. I wonder if there's a part of him that takes some satisfaction from that. Not that he has anything against those guys, but just as a sign of how far he's come since his freshman year.

    ETA: just watched his highlights from last night. It's not like Grayson was just hot bombing from three. He scored in a variety of ways, and had some nice drives. Also looks like he was exploiting some pretty lax defense by the Hawks. They looked lethargic.
    He had some very nice finishes with his left hand...which is a skill that he didn't seem to have before.

  7. #1367
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    RJ Barrett went 6-6 on 3-pointers? Really? That is some impressive shooting. If he could consistently hit near 40% on threes he would become a serious threat when combined with his other talents.

    And Grayson, WOW. I continue to believe that he will become a legit starter in the NBA. Nothing I would love more than for him to shut the mouths of all those haters.
    RJ is up to 38% on decent volume for the season. Pretty remarkable given how cold he was at the beginning of the season. Over 73% on FT as well. Another year of even minor improvement and his shooting should no longer be questioned or viewed as a weakness.
    Last edited by fraggler; 04-08-2021 at 10:43 AM. Reason: specificity

  8. #1368
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggler View Post
    RJ is up to 38% on decent volume for the season. Pretty remarkable given how cold he was at the beginning of the season. Over 73% on FT as well. Another year of even minor improvement and his shooting should no longer be questioned or viewed as a weakness.
    What's his percentage on FTs he is trying to miss intentionally?

  9. #1369
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJ View Post
    He had some very nice finishes with his left hand...which is a skill that he didn't seem to have before.
    Awesome to see Grayson blowing up. As the Pelicans are basically out of the mix, I'm going all in on Duke Beale Street.

  10. #1370
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by GGLC View Post
    If you could get Zion AND Jokic in a 12 team league (not to mention Trae Young), I feel like the other owners have to be asleep at the wheel!

    Nice roster.
    Nope, some really good GMs in this league but I was smart and planned for something unusual.

    Starting two years ago, we made this a keeper league. You are allowed to keep players for up to 2 years (after they have been drafted) and then they go back into the field. Just due to the nature of how we do keepers, a ton of great players were going to be available this season so, last season I drafted Zion earlier than he should have gone and traded for Trae because I know I could keep both of them and that would give me one of the best sets of keepers for this season. By comparison, other teams were keeping guys like Jrue Holiday, Robert Covington, and Kelly Oubre because all the best players had been 2 year keepers and were going back into the pool.

    It worked out nicely and I picked up Jokic with the 5th pick in the draft (Freak, AD, Harden, and LeBron went ahead of Joker) and then got I Mitchell coming around on the snake. I made one mistake in the draft with TJ Warren but virtually everything else I did was solid. I've mostly avoided the injury/Covid bug too which has been huge.

    I'm dominating the league. Not just 14-0 but I score the most or second most points virtually every week. It has been fun. Everyone in the league calls me King Kong because my team puts up huge numbers. This week I'm playing a team that is 11-3, second best in the league, and I'm already winning by more than 200 points through just the Mon-Wed games -- he's all but conceded.

    Of course, playoffs are where it all matters. One untimely injury to Joker or Zion and I will be in trouble. I'm close to assured of going unbeaten in the regular season... if I can win the playoffs too, I might have to retire from fantasy

    -Jason "I'll be a favorite to win next season too because I will have Jokic and Zion as keepers" Evans
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  11. #1371
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Of course, playoffs are where it all matters. One untimely injury to Joker or Zion and I will be in trouble. I'm close to assured of going unbeaten in the regular season... if I can win the playoffs too, I might have to retire from fantasy

    -Jason "I'll be a favorite to win next season too because I will have Jokic and Zion as keepers" Evans
    2014 Wichita St
    2015 Kentucky
    2021 Gonzaga
    . . .
    2021 Jason Evans?

  12. #1372
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Ahhhh a keeper league! That makes much more sense.

    Appreciate the interesting details re roster construction.

  13. #1373
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    2014 Wichita St
    2015 Kentucky
    2021 Gonzaga
    . . .
    2021 Jason Evans?
    Not sure I understand the list. Does it have to do with being undefeated and then ultimately suffering a loss in the most important game?

  14. #1374
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hot'Lanta... home of the Falcons!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Not sure I understand the list. Does it have to do with being undefeated and then ultimately suffering a loss in the most important game?
    I don't know what you are doing right now, but if you aren't listening to the DBR Podcast, you're doing it wrong.

  15. #1375
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    Who would have predicted in 2015 that Grayson Allen, Justise Winslow, and Tyus Jones would end up on the same team in the NBA someday, and that Grayson would be the one that's starting? Grayson, the forgotten guy on the bench that we only turned to in desperation when nothing else was working.
    Who would have predicted in 2015 that Grayson Allen would have a better NBA career than Jahlil Okafor?

  16. #1376
    Quote Originally Posted by fraggler View Post
    RJ is up to 38% on decent volume for the season. Pretty remarkable given how cold he was at the beginning of the season. Over 73% on FT as well. Another year of even minor improvement and his shooting should no longer be questioned or viewed as a weakness.
    It is not pretty but he has figured out a way to hit it when fairly set. Clearly he has been working on his shot.

  17. #1377
    First time in a long time that Jahlil Okafor has been the headliner for Duke alum in the NBA, scoring 11 on 6 FGs, 1-1 3FG and 4-4 FTs, with 3 rebs and 3 assists. Frank Jackson chipped in 5 points for Duke Motor City, but no MP2, in the win over a Bagley-less SAC.
    Gary Trent Jr had a miserable night shooting, scoring 6 on 2-14 FGs in the loss.
    Harry Giles and Luke Kennard went scoreless.

  18. #1378
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Durham
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Luke Kennard went scoreless.
    What’s going on with Luke? Any idea why he only played 1 minute in last night’s game?

  19. #1379
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    First time in a long time that Jahlil Okafor has been the headliner for Duke alum in the NBA, scoring 11 on 6 FGs, 1-1 3FG and 4-4 FTs, with 3 rebs and 3 assists. Frank Jackson chipped in 5 points for Duke Motor City, but no MP2, in the win over a Bagley-less SAC.
    Gary Trent Jr had a miserable night shooting, scoring 6 on 2-14 FGs in the loss.
    Harry Giles and Luke Kennard went scoreless.
    Big Jah from downtown! In five of his six NBA seasons, he has hit exactly 1 three pointer. Hope he doesn't mess up this streak by hitting a second this year.

  20. #1380
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Vermont
    This week's New Yorker has some nice words about JJ's podcast...

Similar Threads

  1. Dukies in the NFL - 2020
    By Acymetric in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 02-10-2021, 11:35 AM
  2. Dukies on the 2020 PGA and LPGA Tours
    By sagegrouse in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 419
    Last Post: 08-31-2020, 05:46 PM
  3. For Old Dukies Only
    By dukepsy1963 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 11:47 PM
  4. Dukies in the NBA- Sat Nov 3
    By DukeBlood in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 07:57 AM
  5. Dukies in the NBA - Fri Nov 2
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 07:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •