Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    R.J. Barrett has 20 points at halftime as the Knicks lead the Pacers 66-61.

FWIW.
    On 9-9 from the field, 3-3 from beyond the arc. Guess he's been working on his shot.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    On 9-9 from the field, 3-3 from beyond the arc. Guess he's been working on his shot.
    If only . . . .

"I meant to do that!" -Jayson Tatum (probably)

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    Kid is clutch

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Kid is clutch
    That referee, not so much.

EDIT: And Giannis.

Huge night for Blue Devils in the NBA.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Nice to see Seth starting for the 76ers...and in a win.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Funny enough, I saw a video on Instagram (HoH?) that had audio where you can hear Jayson tell "BANK!" just after the ball is released. Make of that what you will!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Nice to see Seth starting for the 76ers...and in a win.
    Christmas present to his son in law?

I watched parts of many of the games last night. A few observations about our guys:

Ingram - He is definitely "the man" on the Pelicans. In crunch time it was iso ball with him every single set. He usually made the right play and should have had a triple double but I don't think he knew how close he was to it until the very end.
    JJ - When Ingram demands the double, JJ was always in the right place to hit the open shot. Guy is still amazing at his age
    Zion - I think he might have been a little nervous. Had a few questionable early fouls that got him out of rhythm. Still had a pretty good game considering.
    Cam - He looked great. So much more confident. Dominique Wilkens (color commentator for the Hawks) gushed about him. Cam is an elite defender and his offense is coming along.
    Grayson - Played ok. Started off hot and then cooled down a bit. I wonder what happens to Grayson's minutes when Justise is back. Memphis loves Brooks so I don't think Justise takes his minutes.
    Tyus - Struggled a bit
    Plumlee - I thought he played well. He and Blake Griffin are an interesting duo. I think there are going to be a lot of big to big lob passes but not a lot of wins.
    Bagley - The parts of the game I watched were strange. Bagley got in foul trouble guarding Jokic. The Kings have Whiteside on the roster but Bagley was guarding Jokic. I still think Marvin can be special if he "gets it".
    Tatum - I didn't see much of the second half. Ooops. Kid is really good.

Didn't see enough of other guys to make a comment. Really looking forward to a fun season.

Christmas present to his son in law?
    I know you're kidding but Seth's been the projected starter all offseason. There's a new boss in town (Daryl Morey) who values shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    Funny enough, I saw a video on Instagram (HoH?) that had audio where you can hear Jayson tell "BANK!" just after the ball is released. Make of that what you will!
    That's awesome. While my original post was in jest, that doesn't surprise me after seeing the replay several more times. It actually looks like he deliberately altered his shot (both direction and arc) to avoid Giannis. So now I do think he meant to do that.

That's awesome. While my original post was in jest, that doesn't surprise me after seeing the replay several more times. It actually looks like he deliberately altered his shot (both direction and arc) to avoid Giannis. So now I do think he meant to do that.
    He was forced to alter his shot and thats why it ended up being pretty far off. It was very fortunate that it was off just the right amount to bank in. (Tatum said in post-game interview he didn’t intend to bank it. Plus no NBA player would try to bank a 3 from that approach angle.) But when you are aggressive and confident good things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    I know you're kidding but Seth's been the projected starter all offseason. There's a new boss in town (Daryl Morey) who values shooting.
    Makes sense - Curry can shoot it and is a bit of a pest on D. Currys hit their peak a bit later than most.

Makes sense - Curry can shoot it and is a bit of a pest on D. Currys hit their peak a bit later than most.
    Given Ben Simmons' shooting woes, the Sixers absolutely have to have a shooting threat in the backcourt.

Cody Zeller broke his hand. Vernon may be getting some time.

Cody Zeller broke his hand. Vernon may be getting some time.
    It’s a Christmas miracle!

(Get well soon, CZ.)

Ingram and Zion having a nice little game for Duke south.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Ingram and Zion having a nice little game for Duke south.
    Jinxed both of them for the 4th. JJ too. Heat really crushing the Pels now. None of our guys looking good late in the game.

Zion looked gassed in the 4th. Conditioning will have to improve.