Page 52 of 87 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1725
    Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Plumlee with 14,11 and 10 in a victory over the Raptors. His second triple double of the year, I believe.
    Dennis Smith Jr. also had a triple double for Detroit. Looks like the 11th time teammates have done it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Sacramento had some highlights in the movie Lady Bird.
    Man that was a great movie.

overall it was a big night for Duke alum in the NBA, with 8 guys scoring in double figures, MP2 with a triple double, and Wendell Carter with 15 rebounds and 7 points.
    Duke South came up big, Zion led the way with 28-9-4, but he could have scored well over 30, but he missed 8 FTs. JJ had 22 and BI had 21.
    Seth Curry with 14 on 5-7 FGs
    Marvin Bagley with 14 on 7-10 FGs
    Gary Trent with 15 on 6-16 shooting
    Kyrie with 24-5-6
    Rodney Hood scored 5 on 2-6 shooting.
    Last edited by DukieInBrasil; 03-04-2021 at 07:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    overall it was a big night for Duke alum in the NBA, with 8 guys scoring in double figures, MP2 with a triple double, and Wendell Carter with 15 rebounds and 7 points.
    Duke South came up big, Zion led the way with 28-9-4, but he could have scored well over 30, but he missed 8 FTs. JJ had 22 and BI had 21.
    Seth Curry with 14 on 5-7 FGs
    Marvin Bagley with 14 on 7-10 FGs
    Gary Trent with 15 on 6-16 shooting
    Kyrie with 24-5-6
    Rodney Hood scored 5 on 2-6 shooting.
    All teams with Duke players won last night -- except New Orleans, and the Pels lost to Wendell Carter's Bulls.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Sacramento had some highlights in the movie Lady Bird.
    Which, as good as it was, was not a particularly visually interesting film (at least not to me). So I'm not sure that helps much, although YMMV.

BTW, I'm not saying Sacramento is a wasteland or anything. I was just saying that it does tend to provoke a desire for a "change of scenery". I lived in the Bay Area and visited Sacramento fairly often, and I'm glad I was able to do that, rather than the other way around.

I’m assuming 14 PTS and 11 REB or vice versa. But what’s the 10? Assists? Blocks?
    Assists

Quote Originally Posted by nocilla View Post
    Assists
    James Harden was two TOs short of a quadruple double last night in Houston -- 29 pts., 10 rbs., 14 assists and 8 of the aforementioned.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    James Harden was two TOs short of a quadruple double last night in Houston -- 29 pts., 10 rbs., 14 assists and 8 of the aforementioned.
    Harden also had double-digits in both whining to the refs and uncalled travels.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Which, as good as it was, was not a particularly visually interesting film (at least not to me). So I'm not sure that helps much, although YMMV.

BTW, I'm not saying Sacramento is a wasteland or anything. I was just saying that it does tend to provoke a desire for a "change of scenery". I lived in the Bay Area and visited Sacramento fairly often, and I'm glad I was able to do that, rather than the other way around.
    Can Saoirse Ronan hit a three? Then you'd have some TV, I'd tune in.

Durant takes Zion with his third pick of the Reserves. Smart man. Gotta root for Duke East this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Durant takes Zion with his third pick of the Reserves. Smart man. Gotta root for Duke East this Sunday.
    Who was picked ahead of Zion?

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Irving, Tatum, and Williamson are on Team Durant. Durant and Davis are injured; Booker and Sabonis replaced them.

Team LeBron

Starters:
    • LeBron James
    • Giannis Antetokounmpo
    • Stephen Curry
    • Luka Doncic
    • Nikola Jokic

Reserves:
    • Damian Lillard
    • Ben Simmons
    • Chris Paul
    • Jaylen Brown
    • Paul George
    • Domantas Sabonis
    • Rudy Gobert

Team Durant

Starters:
    • Kyrie Irving
    • Joel Embiid
    • Kawhi Leonard
    • Bradley Beal
    • Jayson Tatum

Reserves:
    • James Harden
    • Devin Booker
    • Zion Williamson
    • Zach LaVine
    • Julius Randle
    • Nikola Vucevic
    • Donovan Mitchell

Zion getting the night off

Quote Originally Posted by BigZ View Post
    Zion getting the night off
    Why did I tune in to this then.

U guys something weird is happening tho. I'm starting to not hate Lonzo Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by throatybeard View Post
    Why did I tune in to this then.

U guys something weird is happening tho. I'm starting to not hate Lonzo Ball.
    I've become convinced that the Ball kids are actually fairly decent basketball players, and most of my dislike for them stems from their bombastic father and his constant absurd grandstanding.

The individual players are pretty entertaining and don't seem to share their father's attitude. Actually makes them much more sympathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I've become convinced that the Ball kids are actually fairly decent basketball players, and most of my dislike for them stems from their bombastic father and his constant absurd grandstanding.

The individual players are pretty entertaining and don't seem to share their father's attitude. Actually makes them much more sympathetic.
    They’ve got their areas of improvement, to be sure. That was part of the dislike factor - dad hyped them so much to be these league conquering wunderkind but they’re just above average nba players right now. Maybe they turn into behemoths but neither of them is a generational talent.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    They’ve got their areas of improvement, to be sure. That was part of the dislike factor - dad hyped them so much to be these league conquering wunderkind but they’re just above average nba players right now. Maybe they turn into behemoths but neither of them is a generational talent.
    My point is that absent their father saying that he had a house full of future NBA MVPs, we would see them as a pretty cool story of NBA success story brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    My point is that absent their father saying that he had a house full of future NBA MVPs, we would see them as a pretty cool story of NBA success story brothers.
    I was agreeing. Honestly though, Lavar’s bombastic persona is still a distant second to all the stunts Perky Plumlee has pulled over the years.

(Joking, obvi)

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I was agreeing. Honestly though, Lavar’s bombastic persona is still a distant second to all the stunts Perky Plumlee has pulled over the years.

(Joking, obvi)
    Stunt number one: Arranging to have three offspring in the 7' height range. How did they manage that one?

Quote Originally Posted by camion View Post
    Stunt number one: Arranging to have three offspring in the 7' height range. How did they manage that one?
    First step in that plan is to come from a family of tall people, marry a tall person and then pray to Wilt for his blessing. Also, have a big kitchen and ling beds. 😎